[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

"
Ashandaar a écrit :
Hey Guys,

I spent like 43 hours playing this build and i think i'll end my league here. It was pretty fun to play during the campaign but once you hit the maps, shit hits the fan pretty hard.

Gear is insanely overpriced which means i even had to ask for carry to kill a... Yellow elder that kept one-shotting me.

Add to this the fact that this build is actually terrible at clearing legion (i wasn't even able to create a single emblem at level 84), the damages don't really seem to be effective, the defenses are inexistent.

Well it was a enjoyable ride for the time it lasted but i'll remember this one as the second worst build i ever played.

GL with that, to me it's over. I won't spend like 55 exalted on a gimped build to make it work more or less ok

Eh I'd say that the problem is with you.. So far I haven't had a single death even in T15 maps with this build and my gear is worth ~1ex. Sure, the build does feel a bit slow without faster rare swords, but this is stated multiple times throughout the guide. You should be able to get rare swords that are much better than Ahn's might for under 1ex each.
"
Smerte a écrit :
You should be able to get rare swords that are much better than Ahn's might for under 1ex each.

Exactly. My current foils both only have 10-20pdps more than my Ahns had (about 325) yet each gave me about 100k total dps because having almost 2.00 attackspeed scales the build insanely well.

Seriously, just get PoB and copy paste some 1ex foils with 330dps or so into PoB and compare them to Ahns. When you pick out the right ones you should get plenty of dps improvement.

Personally my biggest issue now is survivability. I'm on 5.7k HP and get one shot alot by big legion rares or Shaper Guardians. Not really sure what to do against this. Just stacking more life doesn't seem it will help much which is why I held off on upgrading my low-life gear.
https://imgur.com/Xlq6sYW

I am curious, how are you guys getting your Cold/Lightning damage added to the DPS? Is it worth giving up WED on your rings for the cold lighting? Currently using Herald of Purity/Ash, blood and sand with banner.
Dernière édition par drez0r35, le 20 juin 2019 21:18:13
"
drez0r35 a écrit :
https://imgur.com/Xlq6sYW

I am curious, how are you guys getting your Cold/Lightning damage added to the DPS? Is it worth giving up WED on your rings for the cold lighting? Currently using Herald of Purity/Ash, blood and sand with banner.

People running Hatred (with enlighten) will have cold damage and the best damage mod on your amulet is phys as extra ele so that will add additional ele damage. You may also get some incidental ele damage to attacks.
Question for those already working their way towards end-game foils. Does any1 know if I need both foils to have hits cannot be evaded mod? Or do I only need 1 foil with that mod to not have to bother with accuracy ever?

"
Smerte a écrit :
"
Ashandaar a écrit :
Hey Guys,

I spent like 43 hours playing this build and i think i'll end my league here. It was pretty fun to play during the campaign but once you hit the maps, shit hits the fan pretty hard.

Gear is insanely overpriced which means i even had to ask for carry to kill a... Yellow elder that kept one-shotting me.

Add to this the fact that this build is actually terrible at clearing legion (i wasn't even able to create a single emblem at level 84), the damages don't really seem to be effective, the defenses are inexistent.

Well it was a enjoyable ride for the time it lasted but i'll remember this one as the second worst build i ever played.

GL with that, to me it's over. I won't spend like 55 exalted on a gimped build to make it work more or less ok

Eh I'd say that the problem is with you.. So far I haven't had a single death even in T15 maps with this build and my gear is worth ~1ex. Sure, the build does feel a bit slow without faster rare swords, but this is stated multiple times throughout the guide. You should be able to get rare swords that are much better than Ahn's might for under 1ex each.

Well i hear you Man, i guess i'm simply not meant to play this game with a melee char. My experience with this toon became horrible as soon as i hit T10 maps. I dont get why nor how but i'm getting simply one shotted by bosses like i had absolutely no defenses at all. I don't get how you can handle a t15 Map as if i compare our gears, we actually are on the same items, out trees are identical. If you have time and will, can i ask you to point me up what am i missing ?

It's not like this is my first league either but what can i do when i do 0 damages to a yellow elder? I'm pretty sure i missed something but what? For the damages i can figure out i'm missing AS as the Anh's are not foils. But the survivability looks so low that i'm sure if cannot be solved by stacking more life. Having 5540hp or 5900-6k won't prevent any "Wonder one-shot"

Thank you and cya !
Dernière édition par Ashandaar, le 21 juin 2019 01:34:47
"
Ashandaar a écrit :
Well i hear you Man, i guess i'm simply not meant to play this game with a melee char. My experience with this toon became horrible as soon as i hit T10 maps. I dont get why nor how but i'm getting simply one shotted by bosses like i had absolutely no defenses at all. I don't get how you can handle a t15 Map as if i compare our gears, we actually are on the same items, out trees are identical. If you have time and will, can i ask you to point me up what am i missing ?

It's not like this is my first league either but what can i do when i do 0 damages to a yellow elder? I'm pretty sure i missed something but what? For the damages i can figure out i'm missing AS as the Anh's are not foils. But the survivability looks so low that i'm sure if cannot be solved by stacking more life. Having 5540hp or 5900-6k won't prevent any "Wonder one-shot"

Thank you and cya !
What dps does PoB give you? I have hard time beliving you do 0 damage to a yellow elder as you should have more dmg than I have (PoB gives me around 900k dmg on tectonic slam at the moment) and I had no problem with yellow elder. I haven't really pushed this build into late late game as it's mostly a side project char for me, so I can't say how doable really hard bosses are.

When it comes to survivability, I get where you are coming from. This build isnt really that tanky. That being said, all of the regular map bosses (even T15 ones) are doable atleast for me, simply because of how well I know all these bosses. I've been farming them for ages, and dodging their damaging abilities really doesnt feel that hard.

In reality, the most dangerous part of high maps (well any maps really) are the legion rare mobs. From my experience they deal mostly high physical damage. Now high armor would help with this, but getting high armor rares would also be really expensive. At the moment I'm using two defensive setups to make killing these harder legion rares possible: manual Immortal Call-Inc Duration and high level CWDT-Steel skin. Immortal Call lasts 3-4secs for me, so if it's a really tough legion rare mob pack, I pop IC, jump in and pop flasks, nuke one or few of the rare mobs down, jump back out, change from Blood stance to Sand stance and repeat until everything is dead. Steelskin is just for the "oh shit wtf" moments, I guess I should try running Molten Shell/Vaal Molten Shell aswell.
Dernière édition par Smerte, le 21 juin 2019 01:47:44
"
Ashandaar a écrit :
"
Smerte a écrit :
"
Ashandaar a écrit :
Hey Guys,

Thank you and cya !

Bro you feel what you should feel. This build is a glass cannon :) 150+ hour in this league (farmed 70-80ex) over 3k hour in poe. 2 type ppl commenting here 1 who is fairly new
not reached end content struggling with gear etc. I farming t16 elder port (25%+ packsize full buffed maps) till i sustain then i alch and go t14-t15. From 10map I get killed in 3 from legion because this char don't have any proper defense layer and or legion is overtuned for this type of build. cwdt + vaal moltenshell + manual triggered immortal call. This will do safe mapping, but then the clear speed is so slow not worth playing with it.Just for the measure if you die 3 times from 10 map you are hard stuck lvling. ( what is frustrating for me.)

Second what we should mention.The playstyle. If you clear a map in 10m you won't die cuz you plan every move you make. If you clear a map in 3min then you die more easily. If you play it safe slow clearing the packs, not clearing full legion.(Ful clear is a challenge with end gear too on high maps because of mana sustain and limited aoe) Playing only safe maps. Of course, you will not have any issue you won't die only if you do some crazy dumb play. But this build desired to play fast. Fast foiles hudge deps. Most of the players who reached end-content and invested in it already wrote it the defense layer does not exist. However drop ahn might get some faster attack speed foiles even if you lose some dmg, you will feel the difference. When i got the 1st foil it was a huge impact on the build.

About boss fights. Clearing a map and killing a map boss is totally different stuff than killing elder, guardians, elder guardians etc. I wasn't able to kill uber elder briked 5 sets already. Was some close runs but for me, it feels like not possible just if you perfectly plays every mechanics and don't get beamed constantly in add phase.(what is luck basted, because you don't have the defenses to sidestep the beam if you get hit by you dead instantly)

IF you can clear t15-t16 with 15% pack size that not an achievement and not an indicator how good this build is. Most of the crazy build clearing them on broken map mods. Easy 110IQ+30%packsize broken maps. Here if you have any extra ele dmg, any extra crit you will have a bad time. Btw check the stats we have 25% phys reduction in thins build, with flask everything proced 80% on my build what not a budget side.

Bottomline.
If you don't mind to die time to time and have the passion to slow farm the base gear (at least the 2 foil ~6-8ex per foil) you will have a fairly good mapper.
Dernière édition par an4x15, le 21 juin 2019 02:39:46
OPTIONS?
Is there more effective build to roll to without huge investment now?

I just looked at the gear of some of the guys who say it sucks a$$ and that bothers me I am nowhere close and I can't imagine even having enough currency for foil swap anytime soon.
I do like niche builds but this one seems like too much effort for mediocre performance.
Hi trying this build in ssf hc atm. is the staff nodes necessary? i assume its for the enduarnce charge on kill
edit: i play warchief build you posted for 3.7
Dernière édition par Zieralol, le 21 juin 2019 05:30:19

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires