[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

Hey,

beginner question here:

can someone explain the reason of keeping gems low level?
Which Gems, why and in which linked combination? Thank you!
Dernière édition par triplepx3, le 21 juin 2019 06:03:52
To keep your gems low level, simply right click the gem icon when it level UP. You won't pass the level and the icon won't reappear until you validate the level UP grade.
Yes i know how to avoid the level up, but why :)
Edited my post to make it more clear.
Dernière édition par triplepx3, le 21 juin 2019 06:04:08
"
Smerte a écrit :
"
Ashandaar a écrit :
Well i hear you Man, i guess i'm simply not meant to play this game with a melee char. My experience with this toon became horrible as soon as i hit T10 maps. I dont get why nor how but i'm getting simply one shotted by bosses like i had absolutely no defenses at all. I don't get how you can handle a t15 Map as if i compare our gears, we actually are on the same items, out trees are identical. If you have time and will, can i ask you to point me up what am i missing ?

It's not like this is my first league either but what can i do when i do 0 damages to a yellow elder? I'm pretty sure i missed something but what? For the damages i can figure out i'm missing AS as the Anh's are not foils. But the survivability looks so low that i'm sure if cannot be solved by stacking more life. Having 5540hp or 5900-6k won't prevent any "Wonder one-shot"

Thank you and cya !
What dps does PoB give you? I have hard time beliving you do 0 damage to a yellow elder as you should have more dmg than I have (PoB gives me around 900k dmg on tectonic slam at the moment) and I had no problem with yellow elder. I haven't really pushed this build into late late game as it's mostly a side project char for me, so I can't say how doable really hard bosses are.

When it comes to survivability, I get where you are coming from. This build isnt really that tanky. That being said, all of the regular map bosses (even T15 ones) are doable atleast for me, simply because of how well I know all these bosses. I've been farming them for ages, and dodging their damaging abilities really doesnt feel that hard.

In reality, the most dangerous part of high maps (well any maps really) are the legion rare mobs. From my experience they deal mostly high physical damage. Now high armor would help with this, but getting high armor rares would also be really expensive. At the moment I'm using two defensive setups to make killing these harder legion rares possible: manual Immortal Call-Inc Duration and high level CWDT-Steel skin. Immortal Call lasts 3-4secs for me, so if it's a really tough legion rare mob pack, I pop IC, jump in and pop flasks, nuke one or few of the rare mobs down, jump back out, change from Blood stance to Sand stance and repeat until everything is dead. Steelskin is just for the "oh shit wtf" moments, I guess I should try running Molten Shell/Vaal Molten Shell aswell.

Well on PoB my shaper dps is over 750k. Nothing comparable to other builds i made until the end of incursion league. I stopped the game for about a year ans believe it or not, i had a hard Time on yellow shaper guardians that i usually erase in 3 sec. And either shaper was buffed liké crazy life-speaking, either je was practically immune to it. Like i Saïd something id wrong with my toon but i cannot point what. Most humiliating was that the guy who came tout help me opened it in two like he was nothing. Proof for me that my char/skill/dunno what IS somewhere wrong...

For info i invested 10 exalted so far in this char. Usually with that kind if stuff you are at least able to kill shaper. I can't even imagine what would happening. In one word : sproootch! 😂
For Example if you read the description for CWDT:

"This Gem can only Support Skill Gems requiring Level (38-70) or lower"

The higher the CWDT Gem is the Higher the Level of the Support Skill Gem can be, however the higher the CWDT gets the more damage you need to take in order to trigger the supported gems

"Trigger Supported Spells when you take a total of (528-3272) Damage"

It is better to keep the gem at low level so it get triggered when we take 700 DMG instead of 3000 DMG.

Hope that makes sense
That makes perfectly sense, thanks.
"
Niico75 a écrit :
Im just start t11/12 map and its a TRUE HELL my toon can't surive against betrayal or boss. Attack so slow.. I actually save my money for a good bodyarmour whith - total mana cost and maim but is too expensive and i don't see what i can up on my gear for my budget...

If dying is your biggest fear right now, you've skipped the best HP node on our tree, which also has a jewel socket basically for free, so if you do some respeccing, you'll lose a bit of damage but you can gain a ton of life.

You also don't have any flat physical damage on any of your rings or amulet. You could gain quite a bit of damage upgrading that. And you could look for another sword with any amount of crit multi, just plug it into PoB before you buy it.

I don't have the maim chest either right now, and I've cleared everything up to Shaper, without dying once from 92->93. My gear is pretty good but not amazing - I have a 4ex and 1ex foil I got yesterday after clearing all t15s - but you can see that that much of my gear is still 1-15chaos stuff.
"
rhoninsk a écrit :
OPTIONS?
Is there more effective build to roll to without huge investment now?

I just looked at the gear of some of the guys who say it sucks a$$ and that bothers me I am nowhere close and I can't imagine even having enough currency for foil swap anytime soon.
I do like niche builds but this one seems like too much effort for mediocre performance.

This build can take you to t15 on less than 1exalt. I got there with about 3 total from trading but I hadn't even spent most of it. I got around 5ex worth of foils a 1ex ring, and a 50c amulet now I can basically faceroll any t16 unless it's got insane mods.

I'm not sure how it will fare against uber elder, as there's a guy who has been having trouble despite having pretty nice gear, but this build is an insane mapper and really good at bosses at least until up to uber elder. It takes me 2-3 min to clear an average map.
Also just a generic note to everyone struggling with defenses,

I've found that this league in general is just way more dangerous with Legion packs of super rares and doubled rare HP across the board forcing you to deal with them more, the best solution is a mid level immortal call CWDT (I've got mine at 1200 dmg trigger.) I find a lot of the "one shots" are really 3-4 smaller hits all hitting at once and just instagibbing you, there's no reacting to it. I tried manual cast IC/Vmolten shell but it doesn't protect against Legion very well, and I don't think we have enough defense to trigger molten shell and have it do much.

The other best tip is to take advantage of new melee animation cancelling. Since our attacks are pretty slow compared to an old multistrike build, you can move between attacks quite effectively. I find that doing 1-2 tect slams against super dangerous enemies (scary maps/legion/endgame bosses) then sidestepping, rather than leap slamming, gets you out of danger while keeping your DPS near what it would be if you stood still. If you leap slam I believe it has to wait for your attack cooldown from your melee cancel, but you can just walk a few feet to the side, and most ranged attacks and melee attacks are gonna miss you. I still leap slam around when feeling out huge legion packs with Maraketh, poking at them with our long range from the outside of the circle, rather than trying to tank everything at once from the epicenter.

The final nice defense item is actually Lion's roar. The knockback with our insane range is hilarious, and often makes it so that no melee enemy can attack you without Unwavering.
Dernière édition par BigBlappa, le 21 juin 2019 08:20:26
What do you think about faster attack into 6L ? i try and i seems be fast to play with a good DPS

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires