[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

"
daimonxp a écrit :

Question why are we using Hatred over Anger? Since hatred is Cold damage?

Hatred has gain x% phys as extra cold.
Anything that´s unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
Why we take not the note Disciple of Unyielding more aoe more max endurance charges and endurance charges on kill?
"
BulldogCFC a écrit :
"
daimonxp a écrit :

Question why are we using Hatred over Anger? Since hatred is Cold damage?

Hatred has gain x% phys as extra cold.

hmmmm gotcha know better than I do, having to use double axes atm. Still low level though, haven't found any decent swords yet.
How high should I level my Immortal Call/Wave of Conviction/CWDT?
"
Bucklax31 a écrit :
I'm a returning player, looking forward to trying this build. I was wondering how to know what types of modifiers I'm looking for on items. Like with swords while leveling, what kind of modifiers do I want on the items?

Thanks!

On swords just dps. it doesn't even matter that much while leveling if its phys or elemental damage. But phys ofc scales better the more points you've spend in your tree on damage nodes. On gear ofc life, resists and + phys damage.

"
Truie a écrit :
Hi Rake, I'm a complete noob so i don't have the competence to know if your build is just ok or very good. How good will you rate your build compare to others? Is it a T0-T1 Tier build?

I didn't played all the other builds, so i can't judge about them. But regarding Tectonic Slam, i think i pushed it to its max. But there are still some unkown points like the new gems ect. I can't tell much about them currently. But nevertheless what 3.7 brings. We can always decide to go in a different direction regarding Gems, Ascendancys and Equip.

"
Grixzen a écrit :
Hello, is it the ascendancy order up-to-date in the main guide? just wondering since they change a lot since 3.6

thank you for the guide

For 3.7 Chieftain is recommended for a much more defensive power. If a fast attack style is very important to you, i would suggest still to use multistrike and playing Juggernaut.

"
daimonxp a écrit :
What's with taking the Staves nodes in the PoB?? And not swords like it was before.

It is for the Endurance Charge generation. When you think you don't need it, don't take it.

"
LynReign a écrit :
Hey, i see that herald of agony got changed so is still worth to keep on this build or try change with somthing else?

We use Herald of Purity, not Agony

"
Trissien a écrit :
I have poured some decent amount of currency into this but I gotta say, I am fairly underwhelmed.
Multistrike has to go, otherwise you will never have endurance charges. The 80% attack speed multiplier combined with the loss of multistrike makes this skill, in my opinion, clunky and not very fun to use. Before the patch this was great for both huge AoE clear and decent single target damage. After the patch, it's kind of boring.

Yeah it's a matter of preference if you can live with a slower attack speed. If not, just use Multistrike and use Juggernaut instead of Chieftain. My Tectonic Slam on Standard still feels great.

"
krut0n a écrit :
Yah this has been the worse leveling experience in PoE for me so far, but im sure its because I have little experience with melee builds. Damage is so bad leveling and mana management is constant flask usage.

Melee Characters always needed quite some time to feel good and rarly got to that point before you've aquired got equig. In my opinion it got somehow better in 3.7. But playing with my 3.6 Character on standard still just feels 10 times faster.

"
p1Shinji a écrit :
Why we take not the note Disciple of Unyielding more aoe more max endurance charges and endurance charges on kill?

I don't like it. You can take it if you want. But the point investment is huge.

"
Cpfuzzy a écrit :
How high should I level my Immortal Call/Wave of Conviction/CWDT?

The Gem Section isn't updated yet and till now it seems it will still take some days till PoB gets updatet. Immortal Call got changed and is now meant to be used by yourself, not by cwdt. But it's ofc still possible with cwdt. Regarding the level, just choose it for yourself what feels right for you.

"
villajohn a écrit :
Thanks for the guide, but why Tasalio over Hinekora?

plz look some pages back. i've answered it multiple times now and don't want to write everything again :)
I really like the build so far im level 60. The thing i dont like is that i almost never have more than 1 or 2 endurance changes... i generate 1-2 and the tectonic slam use them so fast.... i dont know if this is how must be....
"
stoqnbg a écrit :
I really like the build so far im level 60. The thing i dont like is that i almost never have more than 1 or 2 endurance changes... i generate 1-2 and the tectonic slam use them so fast.... i dont know if this is how must be....

Hi, thats normal as long as your Gear is pretty low (Crit chance wise) and you don't have skilled smashing strikes on the tree. You can additionally spam Consecrated Path (as 1l) or other Fire skills to get full endurance Charges. But it really shouldn't be important till harder maps.
Edit from 08. June: If you don't like the slower attack style without Multistrike then just use Multistrike. By using Multistrike Chieftain loses his biggest Advantage over Juggernaut. In this case you can either use Chieftain or Juggernaut. By using Multistrike you will have less defense but still more than in 3.6 - so don't be scared about that. But also don't overestimate the very slow playstyle while leveling. The quicker Attack and Playstyle comes a lot with better gear, more Points in the Tree ect.

Short Explanation: With Multistrike Chieftain would probably not be able to generate enough Endurance Charges. In this case we can either skip Tawhoa and Valako Ascendancy and take Hinekora and Tukohama instead (and skip Smashing Strikes on the Tree) or just choose Jugg. By using multistrike the main difference will be:

Upside from Chieftain mainly: more Defense, easier (cheaper) to get resistances
Upside from Jugg: you don't have to care about Accuracy (so, somehow, easier gearing too). Possibility to get enough endurance charges by using Eye of Innoscence (by losing up to 20-25% damage because losing Amulet slot)

That's a very short summary and everything can somehow be changed by Equip, Tree and Ascendancys. But i really want to play a little bit for myself currently. So choose one. You can always switch later.
Dernière édition par Rake7, le 8 juin 2019 11:42:14
So i'm level 70 right now and i think more endurance charges nodes and Valako, Storm's Embrance ascendacy points are useless. Most of time i got 0/1 enudrance charges, because tectonic slam using it very fast.
"
Sessvisto a écrit :
So i'm level 70 right now and i think more endurance charges nodes and Valako, Storm's Embrance ascendacy points are useless. Most of time i got 0/1 enudrance charges, because tectonic slam using it very fast.

That should change with better gear (crit Chance wise) and Smashing Strikes as long as you don't use Multistrike.
Dernière édition par Rake7, le 8 juin 2019 06:32:42

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires