[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

Just wanted to thank you for posting a guide for tiered gear for various budget levels, among all the other guides that post only gear that's unobtainable by the majority of the guide followers anyway. Very well done m8, keep it up! :>
Amazing work, congratulations.
Great guide. The one thing I don't understand is how you sustain charges on Chieftain. With multistrike linked to Tectonic Slam you're going to spend 3 charges for every one you generate. I don't think the 10% on crit will offset that. Did I miss another source of generation?
"
StokeYdral a écrit :
Great guide. The one thing I don't understand is how you sustain charges on Chieftain. With multistrike linked to Tectonic Slam you're going to spend 3 charges for every one you generate. I don't think the 10% on crit will offset that. Did I miss another source of generation?

The Gem Setup isn't updated for 3.7 yet. I still have to wait for PoB to be fully updated to 3.7. We probably won't use Multistrike

"
Valkirth a écrit :
great guide,couldn't decide what to play this league but after seeing this looks alot of fun and i haven't tried tecslam yet so definitely looking forward to trying this,whats your thoughts on leap slam+faster attacks+fortify+end charge on stun (now that leap slam will stun 100% when mobs are on full life)

If we will have enough Gem Sockets, that will be a possibility.
"
StokeYdral a écrit :

We will not use multistrike in the 3.7 setup for Chieftain. Maybe it's usable in some absolute end game scenario with mirror tier Precursor emblems. If you can ensure that every slam is charged slam instead of every 3rd (roughly) it would be 40% more damage (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Or 20% more with 20% charged slam proc enchant. Not sure if it's worth it if you can get more than that with some of the support gems.
"
Rake7 a écrit :
The Gem Setup isn't updated for 3.7 yet. I still have to wait for PoB to be fully updated to 3.7. We probably won't use Multistrike

"
We will not use multistrike in the 3.7 setup for Chieftain. Maybe it's usable in some absolute end game scenario with mirror tier Precursor emblems. If you can ensure that every slam is charged slam instead of every 3rd (roughly) it would be 40% more damage (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Or 20% more with 20% charged slam proc enchant. Not sure if it's worth it if you can get more than that with some of the support gems.

Got it, thanks.
Thanks for the replies :)

I was wondering how reliably do you have 3 frenzy charges up from Brutal Blade? with lowest tier gear similar to SSF.

If anyone is interested I have theorycrafted a much tankier build (based around the tier 5 gear, oni garoshi and bad jewels (simulated by only using 2/4 jewels included in this guide) There obviously will be a lot of changes to gems and such so these are very rough numbers right now, and based only on cheap gear. Also as mentioned by Rake you will need to find some accuracy on gear, as it was originally bought for a jugg. Will also need some dex on gear.

https://pastebin.com/eMXiJWv2 (different trees are in the menu at the bottom)

I am dropping hatred and mana leech on tree, and using blasphemy + warlords mark for mana leech (gives about the same as the node, this can be replaced with a warlords mark on hit ring and you can put hatred back on, or some other method, you can always path to the leech node and drop some HP), and using lava lash to up the damage (since we wont be doing any cold damage)

I lose about 14% shaper DPS
110 dex (ouch)

but gain in defenses:

163% > 193% life on tree (about 15% more hp with current gear, and possibility to use kaoms for 8k+ life)

1180 > 1471 life leech (about 25% more)

1 extra endurance charge, and more reliable endurance charges while mapping, I am keeping Smashing Strikes for now for bosses.

If you want to push some more damage with this tree, but keep most of the defenses you can look at Divine Judgement, Divine Fury, Beserking for aspd or even Hematophagy for hybrid leech / DPS.

Dernière édition par dookleeto, le 6 juin 2019 14:37:50
Why in pob spend 3 points on Smashing Strikes (its for staves mostly). Maybe better spend it for Inexorable (3 point)?
Hi,

congratulations for your awesome guide.

One question, wouldn't it be worth to take vigour to have another +1 Max endurance charge?

Dernière édition par killingot, le 6 juin 2019 14:56:23
How about utilising Pulverise gem in your setup?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires