[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

"
dookleeto a écrit :
"
EraChanZ a écrit :
Can you quickly and adequately explain why you think chieftain has better endurance charge generation than Jugg?

The 35% that we get as chieftain on fire skill use is not actually gonna allow us to stack endurance charges at all, since the skill has a 35% chance to USE the endurance charge. If you run with multistrike, this gets worsened because you activate the skill once (= 35% chance for one adurance charge); but it will attack 3 x (=3x 35% chance to use an endurance charge). There is no ''magical'' get maximum amount of endurance charges like the juggernaut has..

How are you going to sustain endurance charges without extra ways to generate them?

that's what the staff nodes in the top left are for 'Smashing Strikes'

That's still only a 10% chance on critical hits; so it 'forces' you go invest into crit (even though with a 100% fire conversion build i'd probably wanna go without crit) ; and if it works how I think it works with multistrik (1x generation chance, 3x usage chance); this still means that you will never actually stack up on endurance charges, especially not against bosses.. Meaning that all the investment in ''maximum endurance charges'' is wasted; AND that you will lose out on a ton of bonusses from the ascendency as well..

Besides, like I said at the start of my question; the guide writer said that chieftain is better at generating endurance charges than jugg; I see 0 evidence of that.
I really do like the guide and even though I see some potential in the Chieftain Ascendency, I will stick to Jugg.
Just seems to be a better overall ascendancy for me.

Thanks for the awesome guide tho, really appreciate the Banners with the sub-categories, so it's easy to find stuff.

PS: Thinking about this as a 6-link:
Tectonic Slam - Melee phys - Ele dmg - Multistrike - Pulverise - Fortify
Any thought?
(I know it's not the highest DPS, but for me it sounds like a reliable and quality of life setup)
"
EraChanZ a écrit :
"
dookleeto a écrit :
"
EraChanZ a écrit :
Can you quickly and adequately explain why you think chieftain has better endurance charge generation than Jugg?

The 35% that we get as chieftain on fire skill use is not actually gonna allow us to stack endurance charges at all, since the skill has a 35% chance to USE the endurance charge. If you run with multistrike, this gets worsened because you activate the skill once (= 35% chance for one adurance charge); but it will attack 3 x (=3x 35% chance to use an endurance charge). There is no ''magical'' get maximum amount of endurance charges like the juggernaut has..

How are you going to sustain endurance charges without extra ways to generate them?

that's what the staff nodes in the top left are for 'Smashing Strikes'

That's still only a 10% chance on critical hits; so it 'forces' you go invest into crit (even though with a 100% fire conversion build i'd probably wanna go without crit) ; and if it works how I think it works with multistrik (1x generation chance, 3x usage chance); this still means that you will never actually stack up on endurance charges, especially not against bosses.. Meaning that all the investment in ''maximum endurance charges'' is wasted; AND that you will lose out on a ton of bonusses from the ascendency as well..

Besides, like I said at the start of my question; the guide writer said that chieftain is better at generating endurance charges than jugg; I see 0 evidence of that.

Well it is a crit build, so it makes sense in this case, and probably won't use multistrike either. I havent played jugg, but doesn't it rely on getting hit to generate charges? There is advantages and disadvantages to both. I believe he stated that with fully min maxed gear jugg would be better overall, but chieftain is easier to gear / league start with and can push higher DPS at the expense of survivability.
"
EraChanZ a écrit :

The Build never "forces" to invest in crit. It's just a crit based Build which will get better and better with upgrading Items. I also don't see any reason why you shouldn't go crit for an full fire conversion build. If you don't go crit, you will lose 60-80% of your damage with no advantage.

Also, the Gem Section is still not updated. We've already discussed multiple times that it will probably be sensible to drop Multistrike.

Regarding the Endurance Charge Generation:

Juggernauts possibility to generate Endurance Charges gets worse and worse the more powerfull your gear gets. If you freeze enemies - you don't get endurance charges. If you one shoot enemies - you don't get endurance Charges (maybe because they count as frozen/shattered - idk). As long as your damage is bad and you don't freeze enemies but stun them - your endurance charge generation is "okay". But it's still totally unreliable. The need of getting hit to generate Endurance Charges? Unreliable. The only way to bypass this is by using Eye of Innocence. Then, the Endurance Charge Generation is great. But loosing the Amulet slot means losing up to 40% Damage.

Chieftain itself generates as much Endurance Charges as he consumes - reliable. Without the need of Eye of Innocence (thus, up to 40% more damage for Chieftain). You can now either use additional fire skills to get your Endurance Charges to their maximum or just invest 3 points for a very easy Endurance Charge Generation which will be up all the time.
Dernière édition par Rake7, le 6 juin 2019 19:55:05
Great guide dude! I made my own Tectonic Slam Chieftain yesterday before I saw this guide and I thought it was pretty solid. Definitely might steal some ideas from this though, especially if I want to get some more top end damage. I am trying to be as budget as possible with this build as this is my starter and I want to take it tor red maps at least. https://pastebin.com/uQ1phVHh

Could you give some critiques on it? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks again for the guide!
Been playing Consecrated Path Jugg for 3 seasons. I LOVE it! Beat Uber Elder and all that fun. Just looking for something new. Going to give this a try as my one and only character this season. Thanks for such an in depth guide to make it easier to transition from my old character. Cheers.
I will start chieften maybe go jugg later depending on how it works out.
Do you think it can take on uber elder?
IGN : @GimmieTheLewt
Holy smoke.

This guide is awesome.
i think instead of going the 3 wasted points into staves for 10% chance to generate endurance charge on crit. I'm just gonna use Endurying Cry once or twice to max out on charges and I should be good from there. I'll have to play with it and see what happens.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires