[3.10] Spectral Throw AllDayEveryDay | All Content | 18.4M Shaper Dps (Reflection + Impale)

"
phobia90s a écrit :
How do you solve accuracy with this build? I must have missed something.
Eagle Eye, Twin Terrors, Art of Gladiator, Acuity, Finesse, and about 350 dex.

Maybe swap in Honed Edge if you're using swords? (I'm using Bloodseekers)

Should put you around 2900-2950, which gets you 100% hit chance.
"
SkylerOG a écrit :
"
phobia90s a écrit :
How do you solve accuracy with this build? I must have missed something.
Eagle Eye, Twin Terrors, Art of Gladiator, Acuity, Finesse, and about 350 dex.

Maybe swap in Honed Edge if you're using swords? (I'm using Bloodseekers)

Should put you around 2900-2950, which gets you 100% hit chance.

Cool, thanks, only problem is dexterity, I can get the other nodes. I'm already pushing my limits with 253 dex.

Also how is the build with 1.5aps Paradoxica? I kinda don't want to sell it.
Dernière édition par phobia90s, le 26 mars 2020 15:11:36
hi i have a double foil setup atm , since saviour is crazy expensive , the one i will keep has 494 p dps , the second that i had to test from my friend has 423 pdps. can i ask if the dps increase with saviour is significant switching it from my 423 dps sword ?

CULO POWA
Does this actually work in decent content without the watchers eye?
"
Ladoona a écrit :
Does this actually work in decent content without the watchers eye?
Easily, yes.

Just watch this video on how Impale works: https://youtu.be/eD3C0r3qt94

Basically, Impale gem + Master of Metal = 7 Impale stacks, which amounts to around +144% MORE damage with max stacks and persistent attacks.

So imagine being allowed to add 2 more Brutality Gems and another Maim Support gem to your ST setup. That's what Impale with MoM does.

The Watcher's Eye simply adds +2 to this, and with 9 Impale stacks, you can get up to around +194% MORE damage.

So it's like adding 3 Brutality Gems and a Maim gem to your ST setup instead of just 2.

Either way, you're doing insane DPS.

So yes, you can do just fine without the Watcher's Eye. Like stupid fine, LOL.

Honestly, the DPS is so nuts it's why i'm sticking with Bloodseekers. The QOL from insta-leech, and not having to pay 50+ ex for a good foil and savior, just makes me happier.
Dernière édition par SkylerOG, le 26 mars 2020 18:19:52
Hey ! Got another question on Ryslatha's Coil Versus The Nomad

Actually i got the nomad on me and when using Ryslatha on POB for test i loose DPS ( even whe nchanging the roll) so what did i miss ?
"
keskidit a écrit :
Hey ! Got another question on Ryslatha's Coil Versus The Nomad

Actually i got the nomad on me and when using Ryslatha on POB for test i loose DPS ( even whe nchanging the roll) so what did i miss ?
Ryslatha's is about +250 life over Nomad?

It's really just preference, I think. If you're tight on resists, Nomad may be the way to go. Or like me, I use a SV to help squeeze in some chaos resist as I'm really not worried about DPS.

There's DPS hidden all over this build. You can't rely on POB for DPS numbers on this build because it's simply not close to accurate.
just wondering what gear you recommend to upgrade first.
also what fossils did you use to craft your chest
thanks in advance!
s
"I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!" - Walter White
"
SkylerOG a écrit :
"
Xe0z a écrit :
"
Hey all, fun build.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but Greater Volley > Greater Multiple Projectiles on the clearing setup.

20/20 GMP is 26% less projectile damage and +10% attack speed.

20/20 GV is 21% less projectile damage and +20% increased projectile damage.

The relative difference is about +25% damage between GV and GMP.

Even if you do a 5/20 awakened GMP, a regular 20/20 GV is still about +10% damage difference.

A 21/23 GV is also a fraction of the cost of an awakened GMP, too.

Plug them into your POB and you'll see.

The end-calc net DPS difference is around +5% MORE (yes, "more") damage with 21/23 GV vs. 5/20 awakened GMP. So it's pretty significant.

GMP works much better for mapping because of the spectral throws can cover a larger area with gmp. thats why i use gmp over gv.

I'm not so sure about that after doing a bunch of testing.

If your average hit is through the roof and one ST impact is enough to kill a single mob and hit your maximum life leech cap, then yeah, GMP may be better.

But all these people who say they feel squishy while clearing with GMP, I bet I've figured out why.

First, remember how life leech works... There are somewhere between probably 5-10 "instances" (buckets of life healing) on this build depending on how many "% increase maximum total recovery per second from life leech" nodes anyone has chosen. Then how much of an instance they can fill up depends on how many "physical attack damage leeched as life" AND how many "increased total recovery per second from life leech" nodes also selected or maybe they have on gear.

Then ultimately, what is filling up those buckets when we look at Spectral Throw?

Amount of damage done per hit/impact on MOBS, of course...... AND... number of hits/impacts on each MOB.

Now I've drawn up two illustrations of this to show what's happening to people:

As we can see, Greater Volley is potentially amassing around 26% more hits/impacts on a relative MOB spread to GMP. I understand this is completely anecdotal and not every MOB spread is like this, but this still shows the point in a relative comparison.

Now multiply those number of hits/impacts by your attack rate, (somewhere between 6-8 attacks per second on this build, and obviously more with buffs), and it's pretty clear that the ability to fill up your life leech buckets is significantly faster with GV than it is with GMP.

On top of this, it also means that you're likely killing the MOBS closest to you quicker, and therefore there are likely less MOBS hitting you and doing damage to you.

For instance, I noticed while using GMP that my life pool was consistently dropping down around 50% or more before my life leech would kick in and it would shoot back up to full. And then as I moved from MOB pack to MOB pack, there were continual blips of me taking large damage for a very brief moment before going back up.

Yes, it was nice not having to hardly move my cursor and target a direction, because my ST spread was super wide with GMP and everything was eventually dying and all I had to do was face forward and hold down ST attack while hitting WB to go from pack to pack. But, it was unsettling how often my big red life ball was bouncing around half life in between MOB packs.

But when I use GV, it felt completely different. My life pool never drops below probably 80-90%. I'm taking much fewer hits and damage, and it's abundantly clear my life leech buckets are filling up faster.

Sure, I have to aim my cursor a bit more, but really once you get the hang of just using more of a tacking method (boating term), or moving in sort of a Zig-Zag pattern, it reduces the need to aim. The ST's you've left behind you have to take an arcing path to return to you (like a boomerang pattern) and they typically then hit and kill any leftover MOBS that were on the outside of your original GV cone.

TLDR:

So in my assessment and testing, for QOL purposes for players who don't have 100,000+ average hit and 7+ attacks per second, and they feel "squishy", I recommend using Greater Volley for clearing instead of GMP.

Not only is GV a legit +5% MORE damage than GMP, but it's going to fill up life leech instances faster and for more per instance (more likely to reach your LL cap per instance), and therefore hit your maximum LL cap in fewer instances. Plus, MOBS closest to you will hit you less often as they're more likely to be struck with an ailment (because receiving more ST impacts) and/or be dead because they've taken more damage. Meaning you will feel less "squishy".

And if you're too lazy to aim a bit more and zig-zag rather than always move in a straight line, or you just do absurd base damage and MOBS drop in a single average hit, then GV is not for you and just use GMP.

Tyvm for the nice write-up and ty for helping out in the thread, i appreciate it!
I agree with pretty much all of it, if you feel squishy and lack dmg, GV is a solid option.
I still prefer GMP though, it just feel much better imo.

If its ok with you i would like to add this to the guide at some point.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires