[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

Hi , i am using your build just reached maps,but i have big problems with mana, i do not find mana section in your build that you are mentioned in gems section,and can u explain why u take smashing strike ? only becouse of endurance charges on crit melee or we get bonuses from staves ?
Dernière édition par bahuras, le 11 juin 2019 17:32:32
"
Rake7 a écrit :

"
Slash125 a écrit :
While I'm having fun with this build and enjoying it. Tectonic feels so slow, like I"m covered in tar or something. Also what could I improve on what I have so far? This is my second time playing a league so I'm not very savy with this game yet. D:

- Helmet with more life. Aim for at least 90+. If affordable 110+

- Amulet with more Life and at least 1-2 Damage stats should be pretty cheap

- Your Rings are.... interessting. Plz read the Ring and Amulet Section :)

- your Boots and Gloves can also have more life on them. But Gloves with this damage stats can be pretty expensive. So maybe wait with this item upgrade and do the others first

Yeeaaah I kinda figured you would say that about the rings. I know I need better ones but I've been just waiting till I can just find some. Don't really have much in terms of currency right now.

I'll keep that all in mind, thank ye Rake.
"
Lordados a écrit :
"
Rake7 a écrit :
Multistrike generates 3 Hits. But these 3 Hits only counts as one "use" of Tectonic Slam. So we will have one chance of 35% to generate a Endurance Charge for 3 Hits, but each Single Hit will try to consume one.

What? I don't think that it works like that at all. Every hit on multistrike has a 35% chance to consume a charge and generate a charged slam

EDIT: I just tested this and I'm correct, every attack checks for a charged slam. Multistrike is definitely the way to go, 44% more attack speed means a lot more attacks per second which means more charged slams per second which means more damage and more AoE

EDIT 2: A source confirming that's how it works: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2095521/page/1#p15317139

'When you repeat a skill, it does it's effect again. Tectonic Strike's effect is to remove an endurance charge from you and create fissures." ...

Either my English is to bad and i expressed myself bad or you just didn't got what i said. You confirmed what I stated. Each Multistrike hit tries to consume Endurance Charges. The Problem is that there will be not enough endurance Charges. Thus we won't be able to keep endurance Charges up with Multistrike.
"
Rake7 a écrit :
"
Cpfuzzy a écrit :
What should I upgrade on my gear now? I got some ex now so wondering what would be best.

Your gear looks all around pretty solid. An Lion's Roar and Taste of Hate would be great. 6l Body Armours as Armour Base currently go for around 30-40c.

And after this - just put better gear from every slot on life active search. Especially weapons, rings, amulets. And buy as soon as you see a good offer.

Thanks, trying to find a decent 6link but I think I'm going to have to spend around 60c for one with life on it.

EDIT: I picked this up for 20c
Dernière édition par Cpfuzzy, le 11 juin 2019 17:51:19
Hey Rake, thanks so much for answering my question regarding endurance charges! I really appreciate it, the build feels much better now!
I'm noticing this build is actually quite expensive now. Playstyle is incredibly slow if you don't have foils.

Leap slams slow, tect strike is slow.

Along with pacifism and the melee crit jewel.
The foils he suggests are upgrades over 6-7ex.
Can anyone take a look at my char ? legion SC
"
Pythonmsh a écrit :
I'm noticing this build is actually quite expensive now. Playstyle is incredibly slow if you don't have foils.

If you want the build to feel better don't use the Ahn's. I'm hitting 800-900k DPS fully buffed with flasks. I spent about 16c on a 300 dps foil a few days ago. 330 DPS swords are going for about 40c at the moment. the only other expensive part of this build is the 6L early in the league and the flasks. Everything else can be delayed until you get to red maps. Oskarm aren't very good gloves since the rework for chieftan and OP mentions this. Grab some rare gloves with attack speed of craft your own. There are also a few nodes in the tree you can take off and replace with the other sword nodes with attack speed. Jewels are also very effective. You also have quite expensive Ahn's, sell them and upgrade to some decent foils for an ex each. You don't need 400 DPS foils at the start of the league. Don't follow a guide blindly, adapt it how you want and play with PoB.
"
Lordados a écrit :
"
Rake7 a écrit :
Multistrike generates 3 Hits. But these 3 Hits only counts as one "use" of Tectonic Slam. So we will have one chance of 35% to generate a Endurance Charge for 3 Hits, but each Single Hit will try to consume one.

What? I don't think that it works like that at all. Every hit on multistrike has a 35% chance to consume a charge and generate a charged slam

EDIT: I just tested this and I'm correct, every attack checks for a charged slam. Multistrike is definitely the way to go, 44% more attack speed means a lot more attacks per second which means more charged slams per second which means more damage and more AoE

EDIT 2: A source confirming that's how it works: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2095521/page/1#p15317139

'When you repeat a skill, it does it's effect again. Tectonic Strike's effect is to remove an endurance charge from you and create fissures." ...

I tried with multi and rarely had more than one charge and never had more than 2. Now I don't have the tree skill where you get charges from crits (staff nodes), so that might have been why it wasn't working like you say. Are you running those nodes or endurance charge on hit with your leap slam by chance?
"
Waíseheill a écrit :
"
Pythonmsh a écrit :

If you want the build to feel better don't use the Ahn's. I'm hitting 800-900k DPS fully buffed with flasks. I spent about 16c on a 300 dps foil a few days ago. 330 DPS swords are going for about 40c at the moment. the only other expensive part of this build is the 6L early in the league and the flasks. Everything else can be delayed until you get to red maps. Oskarm aren't very good gloves since the rework for chieftan and OP mentions this. Grab some rare gloves with attack speed of craft your own. There are also a few nodes in the tree you can take off and replace with the other sword nodes with attack speed. Jewels are also very effective. You also have quite expensive Ahn's, sell them and upgrade to some decent foils for an ex each. You don't need 400 DPS foils at the start of the league. Don't follow a guide blindly, adapt it how you want and play with PoB.

Just picked these up.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires