[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

Did some Gear and tree adjustements. I now have 1.3 million shaper dps in PoB.

Still have room for alot of improvement but im happy where i am.

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/cqBfqGqM
Wouldn't the 3 endurance nodes be better then smashing strikes for endurance upkeep?
"
Cpfuzzy a écrit :
What should I upgrade on my gear now? I got some ex now so wondering what would be best.

Your gear looks all around pretty solid. An Lion's Roar and Taste of Hate would be great. 6l Body Armours as Armour Base currently go for around 30-40c.

And after this - just put better gear from every slot on life active search. Especially weapons, rings, amulets. And buy as soon as you see a good offer.

"
Nizeya a écrit :
on one of the screenshots for ingame spell dps your tectonic slam deals a shitton of lightning damage, is this just from % of global physical dmg as lightning damage or is there another source?

That's only from the Amulet

"
Vat0sbart a écrit :
What fossils and resonators should i use for the best chance of crafting a high life + supported by maim affix?

You mean the Body Armour? I really can't recommend that doing that yourself. It can burn your currency quite fast. But if you really want to try it, you can look it up here: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Body+Armour&an=str_armour

Btw, if you get Maim, you really want to get -15 mana too, otherwise you can get problems with your mana sustain.

"
iceberg3366 a écrit :
I got unluncky and hit "Curse Enemies with level 11 Vulnerability on Hit" for my tombfist. Should I just be happy and use these, or try and sell them and get ones with ele weakness?

With all these Physical Melees around, they should be pretty valuable! Sell them and just buy them with ele weakness.

"
Gnoxxi a écrit :
Hey guys, having a blast with this build sofar. Iam starting red-maps now but i feel like somethings missing. Got 100c to spend, any sugsessions for upgrading my build?
Also the Attackspeed seems kinna low ._.

4.5k HP and maxed Res.

Your Helmet really needs an upgrade. You should be able to get 100+ life pretty cheap.
Your Rings lack life and damage. There should be a lot of rings available for cheap which are a lot better.
Your Gloves lack life too.

"
coronaas a écrit :
Wouldn't the 3 endurance nodes be better then smashing strikes for endurance upkeep?

Hi, i don't know which endurance charge nodes you mean.

"
HeeroMaki a écrit :
Is there a way to make this into a duel wield cyclone or blade storm build? I been trying to like tec slam but it feels just to slow for me. I am trying to use rage and blood rage to keep things fast but just not a fan. I know I could turn this build in naghmu's cyclone, but I rather not use an axe and keep up swords. Any suggestions? Would I maybe have to go jugg/zerker? or is there a way to make this work with cyclone/bladestorm? Any advice would be nice. Thanks. I do know I am pretty under geared but I feel like tec slam just isn't as fun of an ability for me. :/

I haven't dealt with bladestorm yet. So can't say anything about that currently.

Regarding Cyclone - you can just use the gear you have with:

Cyclone - Infused Channelling - Melee Physical Damage - Fortify - Pulverise - Rage

Than take Winter Spirit on the Tree. After that Brinkmanship. Don't go for smashing strikes. Drop the Endurance Charge. Use for eg Flame Dash to keep your Endurance Charges up

Switch to Foils as soon as possible for additional Weapon Range.

Chieftain isn't the best class for Cyclone, because Slayer gets free 50% increased Area. But everything else doesn't differ much between Chieftain and Slayer.

I still don't know if going full elemental conversion will be the best way. But you should do it for now. Add me ingame if you want to use cyclone. As soon as i'm optimising my character (playing Cyclone too) i'll look what the potential of physical damage is and then can tell which way to go will be the best. (Currently i'm also going the elemental conversion route - because i can just use every damage gear i'm used to)

Dernière édition par Rake7, le 11 juin 2019 16:02:59
"

Dernière édition par coronaas, le 11 juin 2019 15:53:50
"
coronaas a écrit :
"

That only gives +max endurance charges, but no endurance Charge generation
Thanks for an extensive guide.
Trying meele out for the first time, and there's so much to keep track of :)

If i would like to go with immortal call ind my CWDT tool, what levels would you recomend the gems to be?

Thanks again!

"
HeeroMaki a écrit :
Is there a way to make this into a duel wield cyclone or blade storm build? I been trying to like tec slam but it feels just to slow for me. I am trying to use rage and blood rage to keep things fast but just not a fan. I know I could turn this build in naghmu's cyclone, but I rather not use an axe and keep up swords. Any suggestions? Would I maybe have to go jugg/zerker? or is there a way to make this work with cyclone/bladestorm? Any advice would be nice. Thanks. I do know I am pretty under geared but I feel like tec slam just isn't as fun of an ability for me. :/

I haven't dealt with bladestorm yet. So can't say anything about that currently.

Regarding Cyclone - you can just use the gear you have with:

Cyclone - Infused Channelling - Melee Physical Damage - Fortify - Pulverise - Rage

Than take Winter Spirit on the Tree. After that Brinkmanship. Don't go for smashing strikes. Drop the Endurance Charge. Use for eg Flame Dash to keep your Endurance Charges up

Switch to Foils as soon as possible for additional Weapon Range.

Chieftain isn't the best class for Cyclone, because Slayer gets free 50% increased Area. But everything else doesn't differ much between Chieftain and Slayer.

I still don't know if going full elemental conversion will be the best way. But you should do it for now. Add me ingame if you want to use cyclone. As soon as i'm optimising my character (playing Cyclone too) i'll look what the potential of physical damage is and then can tell which way to go will be the best. (Currently i'm also going the elemental conversion route - because i can just use every damage gear i'm used to)

[/quote]

thanks for suggestion ya I think I do want to convert to duel wield cyclone some how. I might definitely give it a shot. Really need to grab a tabula or something to try things out.
"
Rake7 a écrit :
Multistrike generates 3 Hits. But these 3 Hits only counts as one "use" of Tectonic Slam. So we will have one chance of 35% to generate a Endurance Charge for 3 Hits, but each Single Hit will try to consume one.

What? I don't think that it works like that at all. Every hit on multistrike has a 35% chance to consume a charge and generate a charged slam

EDIT: I just tested this and I'm correct, every attack checks for a charged slam. Multistrike is definitely the way to go, 44% more attack speed means a lot more attacks per second which means more charged slams per second which means more damage and more AoE

EDIT 2: A source confirming that's how it works: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2095521/page/1#p15317139

'When you repeat a skill, it does it's effect again. Tectonic Strike's effect is to remove an endurance charge from you and create fissures." ...
Dernière édition par Lordados, le 11 juin 2019 17:21:48
Has anyone tried faster attacks? Would it be a big dps loss? Would endurance charges work properly? It takes a green socket which I don't have right now..
Hi, i got a question. Why no use added fire damage? it give me good dmg.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires