[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

"
kablooy321 a écrit :
This may be a very stupid question, but is there any reason for this build to use passive points to level up to increase maximum endurance charges if the build assumes you will be constantly gaining and losing them? Personally I feel as though I never go above 3 at any given time, do we need to go above the standard 3 or should I just forego those nodes and follow the exact build stated in the pastebin at the front of the thread?

Hi, you don't have skilled Smashing Strikes yet. With it you should almost always have 4-5 Endurance Charges (with 5 Endurance Charges max). Furthermore, you've took one more Endurance Charge then shown in the PoB i've made. I took one extra Endurance Charge for the little extra defense and for the +0,2% life reg per Endurance Charge. But you can ofc just skipp all Endurance Charges if you feel save and just want more Damage.

"
thegreatestviz a écrit :
Thank you for updating the gems link Rake 4. very helpful.

I had three questions if anyone can answer:

1. Why is Immortal Call not linked to CWDT? Manually casting it gives us a max of 1-2 second defense mechanism, we already have like TS + Warchief + protector + Atleast 2 Flasks + Leap slam to press, wouldn't this require more actions per minute. Considering gloves has one slot open is it a good idea to have two different levels of CWDT one with IC and second with Wave of Conviction ?( i don't like rage management + berserk)

2. Regarding 6L Gem setup, is there one set that's good for mapping and bossing( i.e. no changing of gems)?
Swapping gems seems tedious once per map, currently there are two alternatives it seems ( Since I am of the comfy playstyle and like to open chests and break all the breakable stuff)
i. Mapping - Pulverize + increased AOE
ii. Bossing Ruthless + Conc Effect

3. Is tabula Rasa T6-T10?

1. Hi, Immortal Call is not linked to CWDT because IC is meant to be used manually for maximum efficency. Ah fully buffed IC lasts 3.5 seconds which is quite a lot. But you can ofc link it with CWDT if you don't want to use it manually. And yes, if you don't use Rage and have the free Gemsockets, you can use two CWDT Setups. One on lvl 1 with Wave of Conviction and one CWDT with IC as high as you feel comfortable with.

2. The "all in one" Setup would probably be Ruthless + Pulverize. Thats an compromise between Damage and AoE.

3. Yeah, Tabula would be something like T6 because it lacks Armour and Life.

"
Slash125 a écrit :
While I'm having fun with this build and enjoying it. Tectonic feels so slow, like I"m covered in tar or something. Also what could I improve on what I have so far? This is my second time playing a league so I'm not very savy with this game yet. D:

- Helmet with more life. Aim for at least 90+. If affordable 110+

- Amulet with more Life and at least 1-2 Damage stats should be pretty cheap

- Your Rings are.... interessting. Plz read the Ring and Amulet Section :)

- your Boots and Gloves can also have more life on them. But Gloves with this damage stats can be pretty expensive. So maybe wait with this item upgrade and do the others first

"
Cromi38 a écrit :
Did you update the PoB too to match the skill gems?

Yes, but that won't help for the 6-link. Read the Gem Section for this.

"
mdedonato a écrit :
Hey Rake, this is a great guide! Thank you for this. I have a suggestion and a question.

Suggestion: "Dash" be switched with "Flame Dash". My reasoning is that Flame Dash will has 3 stacks whereas Dash has 1. Also, Flame Dash is a fire spell and will trigger more endurance charges. When I use it I have a few endurance charges before the next encounter begins. Let me know your thoughts.

Question: Why is Herald of Purity better than Herald of Ash for this build?

Hi, thats a method you can use to maintain your Endurance Charges (or use Smashing Strikes on the Tree). But in my suggestet Gem Setups are not even Place for Dash as soon as you use Tombfists. Unfortunally we just can't have it all.

Herald of Purity grants a little more Damage in a lot of cases. The biggest upside for me is the that the Minions from Purity can Tank enemies and block projectiles. But if you like Herald of Ash for the overkill Damage - feel free to use it.

"
Giangell a écrit :
Hey Rake, I realy need to thank you for this amazing guide! I have a question..

What can I do for mana problems? I cant find your Mana Sustain Section.

Hi, i didn't had time to write the Mana Sustain Section yet. Some short suggestions: You can skill Righteous Decree, and if that is not enough Spirit Void also. You could also skip Herald of Purity as long as your Mana Sustain ist to low to have a bigger Mana Pool left.

"
Chaviliz a écrit :

I think that the only solution to AS is very expensive foils that I don't know when I can afford, lol, but again, I love your guide and the skill, both amazing, what a pity that GGG nerf AS so much.

Sorry if i made grammathical mistakes, my english is not the best.

Yeah, Foils or Swords in generall can help with the attack speed. And they don't need to be that expensive. For around 20c you already can get Swords which are only 5% worse then Ahns Might.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/mplkYwC6

If you are lucky and get a good one with crit chance, it should be as good as Ahns Might. But check this in PoB first to make sure you buy a good one:

Click on the "+" on the item in the trade search you want to check. Go into PoB at the item section - ctrl+v to insert the weapon

Picture

Just in case you didn't knew that already.

"
Somoleks a écrit :
Lol, why in tree is damage with staves and minion damage???

Hello, please use PoB to see what the "minion" Node offers (i guess you mean Retribution). It is one of the strongest single Point Nodes you can get.

"
UchihaShisu a écrit :
Is there a particular reason that you use ice golem? Lightning golem seems to give more dps on every step of the game. And since we have a shit ton of accuracy we dont really benefit from that either. Is critical strike chance better than attack speed even thought pob says a.s has more dps?

Just use the Golem which gives you the most Damage. As long as your are not having a lot of Accuracy, Ice Golem will be the best.

"
Shockwave248 a écrit :
Hey Rake7. Can you explain minimum Power/Frenzy charge craft on rings/amulet? I'm a little confused.

Permanent Frenzy and Power Charges gives us reliable damage when we need it the most - at tough bosses without adds. You never could afford a good 5 damage stat Amulet or a good 4 damage stat Ring + high life. These tend to cost 20-100ex. The T0 Rings i've suggestet are pretty cheap compared to that and just really strong. Read the ring and Amulet section for additionall info if you didn't already.

"
Mondaysoon a écrit :

Hi. Look for weapons with Fire Penetration+%incr physical damage+attack speed+added fire damage. You can get decent weapons with those mods for anywhere between 5 and 20c. You want about a 50/50 mix between the physical and elemental (fire) damage the weapon does. For instance a 400 dps weapon should have 200 phys and 200 fire damages. Fire pen on weapons gives significant dps boost. Don't use Elemental Focus, use Combustion instead with this setup. I am personally using TS + Fortify + Multistrike + Elemental damage with attacks + Combustion + Concentrated effect.
Use Herald of Ash (also Flesh and Stone on sand stance cause it helps with blinding, its a significant survivability boost and Precision so you won't need Lycosidae and Flesh and Stone).

As for Multistrike... Its bugged but we (I) are not sure it affects Tectonic Slam or just other skills like Flicker Strike. Either use Multistrike or use the plain old Faster Attacks gem.

For Endurance charge generation look for a ring with Warlord's Mark on hit. GL.

I'm glad you want to help, but i don't think is the best way to do it. Flat Elemental Damage on weapons scale very bad. I also couldn't find any weapons with Fire Penetration (or general Penetration). Did i miss something?

"
gajaalex2001 a écrit :
I have one question though... Am I the only one having a bit of an issue with mana sustain? Of course the sustain issue comes from using Berserk with Rage but i was wondering if i am the only one. I was thinking of getting some more mana leech nodes on the bottom of the duelist tree to be able to keep up with the berserk attack speed because its really crazy for clearing bosses. I also swapped from Hatred to Herald of Ash + Blood and Sand and my DPS is pretty much the same.

Before you choose Spirit Void, check Righteous Decree first. Reduces your skill costs and improves your Mana Pool by alot which leeds to a higher mana leech also.
Dernière édition par Rake7, le 11 juin 2019 10:15:03
Sorry if this is a noob question. Is there any particular reason to use swords instead of some small modifications to use axes?
HellO!

First of all: Really-really awesome build guide. The best I ever saw. Really good work. Thanks for that.

I have a question tho:

I don't know what am I doing wrong, but my phys damage reduction is shitty. (I even die a couple of times because of that.) Around 26-32% (with fortify always on). Could you give me some advice?

I was following the version before the gem-chenges.
My character:
https://pastebin.com/iEAqN2Zp

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I don't really understand the high DPS-boost behind the transcendent flesh jewel. Could someone explain it?
Dernière édition par Zekanyd, le 11 juin 2019 13:23:28
"
mwip57 a écrit :
Sorry if this is a noob question. Is there any particular reason to use swords instead of some small modifications to use axes?

Last time i tried Axes in PoB it was still noticeable worse.
so there is a problem with atack speed or not ?

Multistrike now is shit :/

why dont use blood rage?

i need fucking more atq speed
Got a 6 link, 5 red 1 green. So I have to use Ruthless since the stock 4 are assumed. Which leaves me with 1 red left. Close Combat or Pulverize? Hmmm.

I'm thinking Pulverize.

Also going off memory I may have had the wrong tree up but he took away some nodes. I'll have to check after work if that was the case, or I had an earlier

Dernière édition par KitesAreFun, le 11 juin 2019 11:20:12
Great build ! Thank you so much !
Immortal Call without CWDT? Hmm?
"
Immortal Call without CWDT? Hmm?

Gem got changed? Read description? Hmm?
Great guide and thanks for the trade links!

Working my way through yellow maps at the moment as a JUGG, trying both Tec Slam and Cyclone. Managed to snag a foil that had slightly higher dps than ahns for 10c and it feels great!

I personally like JUGG more as a starter because of the higher attack speed and binding leap slam end charge on stun ensures i'm always capped on charges.
Jugg also makes Tec Slam screen wide which is amazing.

Keep an eye out for foils at around 150-200 pdps. People are already selling them for 10-15c and if you're lucky you can snag one thats better than ahns and the extra attack speed makes a huge difference to the feel of the build.

Getting the unique flasks, a 6-link and another good weapon will make me hit more than 1 mil dps with a screenwide aoe on a super low budget. 10/10 build.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires