[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

Rake -- I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, however, I'm trying to learn to make builds instead of just blindly following guides. Can you explain the reason for swords over axes for this build? I'm assuming whatever the reason is it's compelling because of the path all the way to the right for the sword wheel instead of staying closer to home and possibly taking some of the new melee passives. Thanks for your time.
"
wickster92 a écrit :
Rake -- I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, however, I'm trying to learn to make builds instead of just blindly following guides. Can you explain the reason for swords over axes for this build? I'm assuming whatever the reason is it's compelling because of the path all the way to the right for the sword wheel instead of staying closer to home and possibly taking some of the new melee passives. Thanks for your time.

Hi, before 3.7 it never was even a question using an Axe. I've just tried how a Axe Build would be (1H and 2H). It seem it's 20-30% weaker when i've done nothing wrong. You can check it yourself on my test PoB: https://pastebin.com/yhfMjWam

V1 is the new Tree i will Release in some Hours when i've updated everything. V2 was just a test that turned out to be worse. V3 is the 1H Axe Version. V4 is the 2H Axe Version. And don't forget to switch the Weapons According to the Tree's ofc.

"
gagnongraphisme a écrit :
Do you think it can take on uber elder?

Sure. Will only depend on the Player who does it and the Gear. The better the Player, the worse the Gear can be.

Edit: fixed PoB Link again
Dernière édition par Rake7, le 6 juin 2019 22:31:23
Hello,
First I want to thank you for this wonderful guide. It is an gigantic work you did there for the community and we truly appreciate it. However, I add a quick question about the viability of this build in hardcore. I was wondering if you think the whole progression of this build is viable in a hardcore environment. If you think it is but with some modifications, can you help us on what should be the propositions to make the build tankier and more viable for HC. Thank you so much for your answer !
This is very good. Reserved for tomorrow.
"
wickster92 a écrit :

Going off of what Rake has already posted regarded this, I spent 2-3 hours theorycrafting multiple axe builds (2h Atziri's Disfavour, etc) and sword is mostly better just because of node placement on the tree.

You are able to get way more crit with swords which simply scales better with gear. You also benefit from the 10% chance to gain endurance charges on crit which we have (which gives both DPS and survivability from Chieftain ascendancies).

Lastly, for the most part finding decent swords on the cheap at league start will be much more likely than axes (visit poe antiquary for price comparison).

"
Juanpedro a écrit :
Hello,
First I want to thank you for this wonderful guide. It is an gigantic work you did there for the community and we truly appreciate it. However, I add a quick question about the viability of this build in hardcore. I was wondering if you think the whole progression of this build is viable in a hardcore environment. If you think it is but with some modifications, can you help us on what should be the propositions to make the build tankier and more viable for HC. Thank you so much for your answer !

I have already asked this same question in this thread but as a solely HC player I can tell you I've run the numbers and it is a viable build for HC as a league starter. For modifications to the tree there aren't many except for maybe picking up +1 to max endurance charges at the bottom of the tree, and more life nodes (possible running all the way to Marauder life cluster, but that sacrifices a ton of DPS). You can also consider running Soul of Steel pretty easily. For gear you would want to prioritize as much + max life as possible.
Dernière édition par pbrayer, le 6 juin 2019 22:44:30
How would one craft the weapons you use in this build? I feel like buying those from poe.trade would prove to be near impossible.

I've never really been able to understand crafting in this game, however one of my goals for this league is to learn how to craft.

"
Beepharoni a écrit :
How would one craft the weapons you use in this build? I feel like buying those from poe.trade would prove to be near impossible.

I've never really been able to understand crafting in this game, however one of my goals for this league is to learn how to craft.

Keep an eye on Zizaran's Youtube channel, he's been making a playlist of crafting guides recently. Currently the videos are absolute bare basics for the most part, but more content is on the way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZIQ8mJJY-Q&list=PLbpExg9_Xax038ehbp4Ho9yt3k9k14TsG
Dernière édition par McPumpkin, le 6 juin 2019 23:09:27
Really cool guide, I'm strongly considering it for my league starter.

When I import the 3.7 Pastebin into PoB, I only have the Default and 3.6 skill trees, none of the leveling trees, am I missing something?
Rake - Sorry if this has been asked before, but searching these threads is a bit of a nightmare once they get long enough. Have you considered such a build using a Staff? I think with the changes to staves nodes over the last league or two, plus the upcoming melee-focused warstaves that a staff Slam build could have potential, however my theorycrafting skills are no where near up to snuff.
Alright, newbie question here!

Why take Tasalio over Ramako and Hinekora if those both give you more damage?

Is it for the survivability?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires