[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

Background

I thought I would post my current setup here. For some background I started this league with this build and have just been working on improving it. I have killed the maven, uber elder, A9 sirus this league.

Gearing

Because I wanted to optimize a bit more for boss killing over clear I went with a % crit chest over explode chest. I also currently have cannot be frozen on the boots to make up for the lack of an anti-freeze flask. I've been crafting the chest piece for a while slowly improving it over time, but I am pretty much done for now just got to finish divining the crit and fire mods. I believe the next pieces I am looking at upgrading are my boots and gloves. The lethal pride provides 20% increased physical damage, 2x %5 chance to deal double damage, and +50 strength (a +20 on a notable plus small nodes).

Thoughts

The build plays very well and the dps is very high, atm I kill the A9 conquerers before they can attack (except for drox). I would appreciate some more survivability at this point so I will probably be looking into that. Here is my PoB with similar configurations to the OP https://pastebin.com/N5kqpCZ1 .

If anyone has any recommendations or questions please let me know!

Edit: Added a line about what the lethal pride provides.
Dernière édition par Royalialty, le 11 févr. 2021 15:09:27
"

An important note to make is Path of Exile considers "100% more damage" and "100% increased damage" to be very different modifiers. The engineering eternity youtube channel has a good video about it (increased vs more). The short version is more tends to mean you will literally see that % difference in damage (100% more means it doubles it and another 100% more doubles it again for a total of 300%) while increased stack additively with each other (so the first 100% increased will double it but the second would make it go to 200% increased). Getting to the point, change your custom mod on the saviour to 100% MORE damage and watch the number skyrocket (also uncheck tailwind, you don't have tailwind boots). If you are wondering how to get to the expensive build damage remember there are some huge upgrades along the way such as an additional impale watcher's eye and ryslatha's coil that are both essentially MORE multipliers on the damage so every upgrade you get will be better the more upgrades you have.

Holy f*uck!! what?? almost 3.3m impale damage. Amazing. Thank you so so much
So one thing I'm curious about is why no one uses Atziri's Acuity (I think the usage rate for dual wielding slayers on POE Ninja is like 2%, and no one seems to mention them here)? I realize it's a DPS drop but damn, outside of the Saviour they've probably been the MVP piece of the build for me, especially in so many of the endgame fights currently going where sustained healing is OP (Maven more than any). Currently have around 2,800 leech per second and it just heals through all sorts of heavy abilities.
"
Mahler16 a écrit :
So one thing I'm curious about is why no one uses Atziri's Acuity (I think the usage rate for dual wielding slayers on POE Ninja is like 2%, and no one seems to mention them here)? I realize it's a DPS drop but damn, outside of the Saviour they've probably been the MVP piece of the build for me, especially in so many of the endgame fights currently going where sustained healing is OP (Maven more than any). Currently have around 2,800 leech per second and it just heals through all sorts of heavy abilities.

Yeah I was kinda surprised too that more people weren't using them. I really like them used and used most of the league. They are especially good early on in the league if you pair them with soul tether and glorious vanity (you get like 1550 extra ES which you regain instantly when hitting anything.) Though it comes at the cost of having no stats on your belt + spending 4 extra skill points to get Corrupted Soul.

Big cons of vaal pact though is that you are losing the life regen bonus when using bottled faith (6% max hp regen per second) which you have up pretty much 100% of the time while mapping and most the time on bosses.

If I take my char for example I have 576 natural regen/s + 1108 leech/second (with conc ground) totalling 1684hp/s or 1351hp/s without bottled. If I'd swap out my gloves for acuity I'd have 0 life regen but 2216 leeech/s. So in theory most of the time with flasks up and while leeching I'd have 2216hp/s instead of 1684hp/s but I'd lose quite the bit of dps and some resist I have on my gloves also losing all my natural life regen. At this point I'd rather have more dps and res (freeing up suffix slots for even more dps on other gear.) That's also not factoring in the life regen from enduring cry.

So while still being very handy and offering insane leech, I find them to be less impactful as you build your character and just want to stack as much damage as you can and kill things fast as fuck so you don't really have to rely on leech, though I'd probably still be using them if I hadn't found really good double corrupted gloves. Can also start becoming tricky capping all your resistances if you are using starknoja/devoto, ryslatha and acuity while also wanting stats like double crit on your amu, curse+crit multi ring, influenced armour mods,tailwind/onslaught on boots etc.

Dernière édition par Ridman, le 12 févr. 2021 13:22:29
Ah makes total sense; I'd factored in the loss of other sources of regen but hadn't thought of the bottled faith regen. Could see why the benefit would be outweighed at that point, especially when factoring in resistances (mine are barely capped and I'm not even using Ryslatha's Coil).

Still feel like they are good enough to get more love than they do though haha
Dernière édition par Mahler16, le 12 févr. 2021 11:46:33
"
jacoz26 a écrit :
Hi,
first time ever playing cyclone and I must say that this build is really fun to play. I'm on endgame currently and I still haven't got bored. Thanks Dex2644 for really great explenation how the build works. Thank you especially for detailed endgame gearing section.

I want to ask a question about Auras. I managed to make some mana reservation space since I got amu with 30% reduced Pride reservation and helmet enchant with 30% reduced Flesh and Stone (I can also have lvl4 Enlighten for some extra space).
Now, should I level my Precision to max level or should I get some additional aura? What would be the best additional aura option for this build?

Hello, can I get the answer for my question about auras? :)
"
jacoz26 a écrit :
"
jacoz26 a écrit :
Hi,
first time ever playing cyclone and I must say that this build is really fun to play. I'm on endgame currently and I still haven't got bored. Thanks Dex2644 for really great explenation how the build works. Thank you especially for detailed endgame gearing section.

I want to ask a question about Auras. I managed to make some mana reservation space since I got amu with 30% reduced Pride reservation and helmet enchant with 30% reduced Flesh and Stone (I can also have lvl4 Enlighten for some extra space).
Now, should I level my Precision to max level or should I get some additional aura? What would be the best additional aura option for this build?

I would use either of these, depending on how easy is to change gear to accommodate it. You can test in POB to see which is the biggest dps boost, but I suspect the 1st one. But Anguish's price varies greatly. A well rolled one with HOP and curse on hit can be quite expensive.

Herald of Purity + Circle of Anguish with HOP

Aspect of the Spider ( for 5% inc dmg per stack for a total of 15%)

Aspect of the Cat + Farrul's Fur ( for frenzy/power charges vs boss + other gains)

PS: just looked at your profile. Your amy gives 30% reservation but nothing else.. you loose a ton of dmg there. I'd personally forget about the extra aura and get a decent amy with flat dmg/crit multi. You're also not using Ryslatha which is again a huge dmg boost. Since you're using a rare foil, flat dmg won't scale as much as with Paradoxica, but it will still count. I'd say an extra aura will only make sense once your damage is already high.

If you have 3mil dps, and add 15% form an aura, is not much. You can gain that from just upgrading your gear. When you have 16mil and your gear is already upgraded, that 15% start to really make a difference. Just a thought.
Dernière édition par alecs87, le 13 févr. 2021 05:57:18
"
alecs87 a écrit :
"
jacoz26 a écrit :
"
jacoz26 a écrit :
Hi,

I would use either of these, depending on how easy is to change gear to accommodate it. You can test in POB to see which is the biggest dps boost, but I suspect the 1st one. But Anguish's price varies greatly. A well rolled one with HOP and curse on hit can be quite expensive.

Herald of Purity + Circle of Anguish with HOP

Aspect of the Spider ( for 5% inc dmg per stack for a total of 15%)

Aspect of the Cat + Farrul's Fur ( for frenzy/power charges vs boss + other gains)

PS: just looked at your profile. Your amy gives 30% reservation but nothing else.. you loose a ton of dmg there. I'd personally forget about the extra aura and get a decent amy with flat dmg/crit multi. You're also not using Ryslatha which is again a huge dmg boost. Since you're using a rare foil, flat dmg won't scale as much as with Paradoxica, but it will still count. I'd say an extra aura will only make sense once your damage is already high.

If you have 3mil dps, and add 15% form an aura, is not much. You can gain that from just upgrading your gear. When you have 16mil and your gear is already upgraded, that 15% start to really make a difference. Just a thought.

Thanks for advices!
As for my Amu it has 2 slots left for crit multi and phys dmg and I plan to harvest craft these after I buy Tailwind boots with onslaught. Next I will get Ryslatha and after that I either chase for next Aura or swap my helmet enchant for Cyclone speed. I'm still not sure which option will be better.
I forgot to post my gear, sorry that you had to look for it on my profile. Here's my gear though:
Spoiler
Dernière édition par jacoz26, le 13 févr. 2021 08:19:09
"
jacoz26 a écrit :

Thanks for advices!
As for my Amu it has 2 slots left for crit multi and phys dmg and I plan to harvest craft these after I buy Tailwind boots with onslaught. Next I will get Ryslatha and after that I either chase for next Aura or swap my helmet enchant for Cyclone speed. I'm still not sure which option will be better.
I forgot to post my gear, sorry that you had to look for it on my profile. Here's my gear though:
Spoiler

Not sure what's best in terms of ench. I think overall 40% Blood & Sand has the best dmg output. You have to use POB and see if it's rly worth changing a lot of the gear to accommodate another aura. I think is a lot easier on a 2h since you can link all your auras with 1 enlight and not have to sacrifice helm enchant.

As for amy, if you plan to craft it, gl. a well rolled one is atm 55ex on sale. So a lot cheaper to craft it yourself.
My Gear atm + 1Large/2Med/1Small Cluster Jwls and 3 x %life/crit jwls. 11.5mil DPS w/o Saviour. About 70ex investment (some self craft, some bought)

Spoiler

Still need to finish crafting the rings, new gloves and a watchers with Impale + upgrade enchants on jwlery and lab enchants and finally catalyst and last, get a better paradoxica. All this should bring dps to 16mil+

There is more to upgrade after, but most likely will stop there this league.

After playing with POB a lot, when scaling flat dmg, it turns out that even a 600dps foil will only give an insignificant amount of dmg over Paradoxica. You really need a well rolled 680+ to make a difference which requires a hefty investment.
Dernière édition par alecs87, le 13 févr. 2021 09:50:48

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires