[3.12] Aziire's Splitting Steel Champion - Impale Explosions! | League Starter

"
@MikeyTwoGuns
One more question, why precision in the enduring cry setup when we don't have to worry about accuracy? Is the critical strike chance alone really that worth it?

Yeah the Critical Strike is definitely worth the 22 Mana reservation. It's only a 2% Total DPS Increase but it is also only 22 Mana so worth it for sure.

"
So do you constantly have to manually press call of steel to get your shards back for this to work or is there a way to automate that?

You have to manually cast it. It's a little annoying but can definitely be improved with the new Call of Steel Jewel.

"
@zuadao
it seems that vicious projectiles and iron grip doesnt work with this skill.

i think its bugged...

Yep the skill is bugged at the moment. I made an update video talking about the Projectile bonuses not affecting it etc. Still playable at the moment and I'm sure it will get fixed quickly.

"
@darklinkknight
For some reason, this skill actually does scale with melee, which makes iron grip worthless. Tested by just speccing into the 4% melee damage node by the cluster jewel socket, and the damage went up on the tooltip...

Actually wilding Splitting Steel is atm. I also testing with the Brinkmanship node and found it scaled which was crazy.

"
@MaxEXA
Falling in love with this build. Thanks

Hopefully you can love it alongside us through all the bugs <3

"
@darklinkknight
Question is, what did GGG intend with this skill? If it's just meant to be a weird melee one, then this build's gonna need some tweaks, if it's ranged, then this build works, but not until they patch. I've just dropped it til they fix whatever's going on

It is definitely not intended and more so just a huge oversight. We are the beta testers feelsbadman

"
@sultangurde
Meh, this skill is a mess. Tags messed, support gems messed.

For now. GGG Will fix it quickly I am sure.

"
@maciek2g
Is Call of Steel cast speed somehow scaled? During leveling it feels a bit awkward to recast it every few attacks, so I'm really hoping it's faster later on?

There is a new Jewel called Lord of Steel with increased Call of Steel Use Speed. They are very common and going for about 1c each.

"
@nome0000
nyone having any luck with specific supports or maybe a tabby? This skill is so hard to scale for some reason.

I posted a levelling cheat sheet on the main guide to explain what I used while levelling. Hopefully this eases some of the troubles.

"
@GenuineProdigy
Just reached maps, so it's time to see how far I'm willing to push with Splitting Steel lol. I'm a standard player so I reached it with complete trash armor and need to work on that.

Just picked up this to start the slow upgrades.

Going hard on the upgrades already damn, faster than me D:. I need to catch up.

"
@Acculluz

Has there been any mention of whether Mirage Warriors get the full effect of the Steel skills?

Do their attacks get the buff that you get when you have shards?

We are the beta testers feelsbadman
"
HavocTom a écrit :
"
fc21287 a écrit :
One thing I noticed is that it seems that GMP and Greater Volley do the same thing effectively for splitting steel, except that Volley has less of a damage penalty...am I missing something?

Probably because of the bug with Splitting Steel. Projectile based support gems are not supporting it correctly. As far as I know GGG knows it's a bug and is working on fixing it.

I am not sure about that. Splitting Steel gem says "Modifiers to number of Projectiles instead apply to the number of targets Projectile Splits towards". Since both GMP and Greater Volley add 4 projectiles, it makes sense that they would both do the same thing. This also seems to be what I am experiencing, though I haven't tested extensively. If this is true, sounds like greater volley would be a better choice.
GMP and Greater Volley actually do the same on Splitting Steel, so in fact Greater Volley is better due to its lower damage penalty.

Mirage Warriors aren't that great for steel skills. Since they cannot use Call of Steel they just use a very poor version of Splitting Steel.
Feel free to ckeck some skill suggestions:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2253742
Question about Point Blank: Regarding the splits (not the initial attack/projectile), does the damage bonus from point blank count from where YOU attack, or from the origin of the split?

I can possibly become to love this skill, but the single target seems lacking during leveling. Lets see how it turns out with all the impale effect and better crit.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Dernière édition par Phrazz, le 20 sept. 2020 10:45:05
Any build videos? I'd love to have a look at how the build plays (and feels) before I start. I haven't been able to start the league yet and am still undecided on what to play...
"
Phrazz a écrit :
Question about Point Blank: Regarding the splits (not the initial attack/projectile), does the damage bonus from point blank count from where YOU attack, or from the origin of the split?

I can possibly become to love this skill, but the single target seems lacking during leveling. Lets see how it turns out with all the impale effect and better crit.

This thread on Reddit seems to imply it would not, based on it behaving similar to Tornado Shot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/79yh5u/question_tornado_shot_secondary_projectiles_point/
"
@Neomeris85
I am not sure about that. Splitting Steel gem says "Modifiers to number of Projectiles instead apply to the number of targets Projectile Splits towards". Since both GMP and Greater Volley add 4 projectiles, it makes sense that they would both do the same thing. This also seems to be what I am experiencing, though I haven't tested extensively. If this is true, sounds like greater volley would be a better choice.

Greater Volley would be far better if it works. I avoided it as I remember last time I tried it with the Steel skill when they first got released and they didn't work. If it works than it will be the better option pre Awakened.

"
@Lykkoith
GMP and Greater Volley actually do the same on Splitting Steel, so in fact Greater Volley is better due to its lower damage penalty.

Mirage Warriors aren't that great for steel skills. Since they cannot use Call of Steel they just use a very poor version of Splitting Steel.

Yeah Volley is the way to go if it is actually working with it.
I didn't even think about the Shards working alongside the Reflection D:. Big rip if so we will just have to go for more damage instead.

"
@Phrazz

The origin. The projectiles spread pretty far so I avoid Point Blank even though it would be good for Single Target. The single target improves a little bit but Shattering Steel is definitely better in that regard.

"
@Mormoran
Any build videos? I'd love to have a look at how the build plays (and feels) before I start. I haven't been able to start the league yet and am still undecided on what to play...

I have videos up on my YouTube, the latest has some gameplay. Otherwise feel free to jump over to my Twitch I am Live right now :D
so would this guide work just as effective for shattering steel? if that has better single target could i just swap the gem out and otherwise follow this build?
Would Multiple Totems Support work better with Ancestral Protector? It would stack Impales faster?

First time using Impale, hehe.
Anyone has a Lord of Steel with 100% increased used speed? Does Call of Steel feel better with it?

The clunkyness from Call of Steel is actually keeping me away from the Skill :(

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires