[3.12] Aziire's Splitting Steel Champion - Impale Explosions! | League Starter

"
BulldogCFC a écrit :
"
maciek2g a écrit :
Is Call of Steel cast speed somehow scaled? During leveling it feels a bit awkward to recast it every few attacks, so I'm really hoping it's faster later on?

There is a unique jewel (Lord of Steel) that speeds up Call of Steel.

I bought one for 1st chaos I found, definitely worth it... I'd add that to guide because thats huge QOL for cheap price.

Also, is there any info when will Splitting Steel be fixed?
Anyone having any luck with specific supports or maybe a tabby? This skill is so hard to scale for some reason.
Its hard to scale because its bugged, just play shattering steel until its fixed.
"
maciek2g a écrit :
"
BulldogCFC a écrit :
"
maciek2g a écrit :
Is Call of Steel cast speed somehow scaled? During leveling it feels a bit awkward to recast it every few attacks, so I'm really hoping it's faster later on?

There is a unique jewel (Lord of Steel) that speeds up Call of Steel.

I bought one for 1st chaos I found, definitely worth it... I'd add that to guide because thats huge QOL for cheap price.

Also, is there any info when will Splitting Steel be fixed?

I second this. I grabbed a 99% increased Call of Steel gem and it's a lot smoother when clearing fast. However, I did swap to Shattering Steel till Splitting gets fixed. I didn't really have much trouble with the build (Currently at Act 8). Only 1 death from a mega corpse explosion in heist so far, and only boss that was tough was Oak (Same goes to 95% of the player base though...).

Tip for leveling though, upgrade your weapons ASAP, physical builds rely highly on weapons unlike elemental builds. Heist is great for getting major upgrades.

Oh I am also using Vitality/Stone Golem for leveling. Smooths out that HPS pretty darn well
Dernière édition par HavocTom, le 19 sept. 2020 08:53:10
I also support the Lord of Steel jewel purchase. I picked this one up for 1c and I feel the skill is a lot smoother. It will be better once it's not bugged too.

"
fiestaforesta a écrit :
"
I think detonation only will work on packs, so, for solo fights like Sirus you will need impale stacks for better damage output

You'll still need to press Call of Steel on single target to generate shards, which (I think) will remove any impales on the target. So if you have a boss with impale stacks on them and run out of steel shards, you have to press call of steel, gaining you steel shards but also removing any impales against the boss. It removes Master of Metal's bonuses since the enemy is no longer impaled.

It might not matter since you'll just be stacking impales again immediately after but removing impales is definitely losing value from champion (assuming that's what Call of Steel does, since no one knows yet). Might be better as glad to get challenger charges and all the block stuff or just as a slayer.

So it's interesting, I had this exact same concern with losing a lot of the value from Master of Metal. What I hadn't considered until playing though is the inverse: While Master of Metal is worse with Steel skills as far as boosting single target DPS, it's waaaay better for clear, where it is generally useless with other skills. Call of Steel explosions are based on the damage of the impale multiplied by the number of hits remaining, so with 7 hits instead of 5, we get 40% more explosion damage as a baseline compared to other ascendancies.
Just reached maps, so it's time to see how far I'm willing to push with Splitting Steel lol. I'm a standard player so I reached it with complete trash armor and need to work on that.

Just picked up this to start the slow upgrades.

Has there been any mention of whether Mirage Warriors get the full effect of the Steel skills?

Do their attacks get the buff that you get when you have shards?
One thing I noticed is that it seems that GMP and Greater Volley do the same thing effectively for splitting steel, except that Volley has less of a damage penalty...am I missing something?
"
fc21287 a écrit :
One thing I noticed is that it seems that GMP and Greater Volley do the same thing effectively for splitting steel, except that Volley has less of a damage penalty...am I missing something?

Probably because of the bug with Splitting Steel. Projectile based support gems are not supporting it correctly. As far as I know GGG knows it's a bug and is working on fixing it.
Dernière édition par HavocTom, le 19 sept. 2020 13:53:33

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires