[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

Hey guys, can someone maybe assist me with my build, i have done this without following a guide, but i found this guide now just want to know what i should start changing first.

https://pastebin.com/D62cngxa
"
ysocalm a écrit :
Hey guys, can someone maybe assist me with my build, i have done this without following a guide, but i found this guide now just want to know what i should start changing first.

Your tree is generally okay but you may want to consider OP's tree. Also, check your impale chance in real game to see if it is necessary to take all impale nodes on tree, you can see my tree as a sample (I got 109% impale chance in real game).

Gem

- Why do you use mirage archer for barrage? I am not sure it is a boost for dps as you can only use 1 mirage archer at a time, so after you shoot once to spawn the TS mirage, you use barrage yourself.
- You do not have dread banner, for an impale build, I believe a 20/20 dread banner will outperform all aura you can get (maybe someone better at math than me can prove it :D). You can get rid of maim support to get the room for dread banner.
- Blood rage is also a huge dps boost, as well as easy frenzy charge generation for mapping, not a necessity but I see you use unnecessary gem like faster casting or portal where you can fit it in.

Gears

- Bow: Try to get 28% from hillock or just corrupt if for 30% with beastcraft, it will give much higher dps

- Helmet: Not sure why everyone wants devoto, I would prefer a good rare +1 TS enchant, +2 TS enchant is a luxury but if you can afford, still better.

- Chest: If you get rid of devoto, you do not need much res on chest and you can use daresso chest or a 7L chest here.

- Ring: Not sure what you want with poacher mark, perhaps the recovery? I believe assassin mark is much better than poacher mark as this build needs flat crit and frenzy charge can be generated with blood rage. If you want sheer dps, vulnerability is best but I prefer stable crit from assassin mark

- Ring/Amulet: Maybe upgrade for more crit chance, multiplier, accuracy, life, flat phys?

- Belt: Nomad is good overall but better change to something better in end game, rys coil has more life and similar dps (or higher, depending on your flat phys), good vise is better defensively

- Gloves and boots: I think they are okay but depending on other gears, they can be changed

- Jewel: Try to get another slot for a good defensive jewel (+2 impale watcher eye is best in dps but maybe a little pricey) this build lacks life so a lot of jewels can help you
"
wiwigvn a écrit :
"
ysocalm a écrit :

Your tree is generally okay but you may want to consider OP's tree. Also, check your impale chance in real game to see if it is necessary to take all impale nodes on tree, you can see my tree as a sample (I got 109% impale chance in real game).

Gem

- Why do you use mirage archer for barrage? I am not sure it is a boost for dps as you can only use 1 mirage archer at a time, so after you shoot once to spawn the TS mirage, you use barrage yourself.
- You do not have dread banner, for an impale build, I believe a 20/20 dread banner will outperform all aura you can get (maybe someone better at math than me can prove it :D). You can get rid of maim support to get the room for dread banner.
- Blood rage is also a huge dps boost, as well as easy frenzy charge generation for mapping, not a necessity but I see you use unnecessary gem like faster casting or portal where you can fit it in.

Gears

- Bow: Try to get 28% from hillock or just corrupt if for 30% with beastcraft, it will give much higher dps

- Helmet: Not sure why everyone wants devoto, I would prefer a good rare +1 TS enchant, +2 TS enchant is a luxury but if you can afford, still better.

- Chest: If you get rid of devoto, you do not need much res on chest and you can use daresso chest or a 7L chest here.

- Ring: Not sure what you want with poacher mark, perhaps the recovery? I believe assassin mark is much better than poacher mark as this build needs flat crit and frenzy charge can be generated with blood rage. If you want sheer dps, vulnerability is best but I prefer stable crit from assassin mark

- Ring/Amulet: Maybe upgrade for more crit chance, multiplier, accuracy, life, flat phys?

- Belt: Nomad is good overall but better change to something better in end game, rys coil has more life and similar dps (or higher, depending on your flat phys), good vise is better defensively

- Gloves and boots: I think they are okay but depending on other gears, they can be changed

- Jewel: Try to get another slot for a good defensive jewel (+2 impale watcher eye is best in dps but maybe a little pricey) this build lacks life so a lot of jewels can help you

Hey, thanks alot for the reply, those are some really good points i will start changing things, the devoto i mainly used for leveling faster for the movespeed but that armor looks really nice, thanks again bud.
Hit endgame now. Build is still fairly stupid.
Was killing shaper and guardians in < 3 seconds, on a 5l without point blank.
Shaper, red elder and guardians all done. Not tried uber yet as haven't got set up, plus still levelling.

Current gear, after some upgrades.

Resistances are annoying. I'm hugely over cap on fire and lightning, but only just over on cold. If I could just get a decent cold roll somewhere I could drop cloth and chain, and switch out the Nomad. I slammed the boots - they had the 2 resistances and an open suffix, hoping for cold but I hit shit tier strength.
I might have to swap to a stygian vise - not like damage is an issue anyway. Plus frees us at least 1 jewel socket so I can get damage there.
Or roll another ass mark ring. I rolled that one before I got the boots, so used a fire/lightning two-stone.

Helmet enchanted myself. Kind of lucky as it was the only uber lab helm enchant I've done all league (Bought other ones, and just enchanted boots). Had 1 enchant left after getting movement speed on boots (Gave up on hitting attack speed). But kind of unlucky too as I was about to enchant Fractal Thoughts - that's worth over 100ex with the enchant!

Still can't 6l the chest, and am poor now. I'll have another go once I've farmed a bit.

If anyone has any further gearing/tree advice - happily received.
Has anyone done the maths on how efficent the impale effect nodes are?
Basically, is it worth grabbing both clusters if we are already capped on impale chance?
"
Carlovski a écrit :
Has anyone done the maths on how efficent the impale effect nodes are?
Basically, is it worth grabbing both clusters if we are already capped on impale chance?

Forceful skewering feels like a waste for me. Maybe the 1st small node is ok to pick, but other two - probably no
Once you have that point, taking the next 2 isn't a huge cost though (Assuming you want iron grip anyway) - I was more thinking about dropping swift skewering, which is 4 points plus a travel node.
You only need either forceful skewering or swift skewering, not both. Forceful skewering is better as you grab Iron Grip anyway.
Hey,

i just want to thank for this guide. I played mainly melee before this one.
But with this build i managed the first time to kill shaper(first try deathless) and uber elder(second try 4 portals left).

Let´s hope that there will be no big change in 3.8 for this one.

Peace
Thoughts on what to burn the last of my currency on for this guy? He's already insane, I've done everything and cleared UE multiple times deathless but figured I'd just throw the last of my currency into him for the last week or so of the league. Sittin on 15 ex and 500 C.

I have no idea if it's worth it but my Lethal Pride gives:
5% Chance to Deal Double Damage on King of the Hill
10% Increased Fortify on Master Fletcher
0.4% Life leech on Heartseeker
20% Increased Physical Damage on Fervour
20% Increased Physical Damage on Herbalism
4% Increased Life on Acuity
A total of 62 additional strength on travel nodes as well

Any thoughts on what to upgrade? Thanks for the great build, it's been a blast and actually got me away from my Cyclone character!
Dernière édition par totalhavok3, le 19 août 2019 16:48:40

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires