[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

Thanks for the guide.

I've only just started rolling over to it and don't have Rigwald's, using a random Ring, but have Headhunter + Solstice and I feel like I'm lacking DPS and even survivability. Granted, my Resistances are very low, but I'm still not feeling this is as strong as it shows in your videos. I can't see how Rigwald's and a better ring is going to change it that much.

Don't suppose you can take a look and see what I am doing wrong; gear, tree, please?
"
Phukka a écrit :
Thanks for the guide.

I've only just started rolling over to it and don't have Rigwald's, using a random Ring, but have Headhunter + Solstice and I feel like I'm lacking DPS and even survivability. Granted, my Resistances are very low, but I'm still not feeling this is as strong as it shows in your videos. I can't see how Rigwald's and a better ring is going to change it that much.

Don't suppose you can take a look and see what I am doing wrong; gear, tree, please?

Your resistances aren't just very low, they are 11, 42 and 32% below cap.
Resistances aren't really optional. Some HH builds don't bother as they quickly build up mods and start steamrolling, but you are going to get oneshot by the first bit of cold or lightning damage that comes your way.
Even if it doesn't oneshot you, it's likely to freeze and kill you as you have no anti-freeze flask.
You need to cap your resists, and you need to get more life.

Unless Brutal restraint is doing something for you that I can't see?

"
Phukka a écrit :
Thanks for the guide.

Your HAT is godly, nice! You need a boot enchant STAT, just run Merc lab if afraid of dying, literally anything is better than nothing. SAME with gloves tho this is lesser priority.

That spell damage on ring is doing nothing, recraft of get a better one STAT. Get assmark on ring and ditch the gloves.

I'll get flak for this, but get an astral plate chest and move TS to it, with -15mana you can spam ~forever, reserve more mana, use most buffs, GIANT eHP, etc.

I see a lot of eHP given up for not a lot of benefit; I ditched my curse on hit gloves, got another +300HP and still wipe T16's in 60 seconds, better yet? Live to tell about it.

ALSO, no anti-bleed flask?? SHAME SHAME SHAME :-)

You should TRY at least to get barrage into your chest (or bow if you go astra plate for TS) for boss killing

LAST, link a lvl20 maim it F/stone since the same MOAR multiplier will apply
Dernière édition par d3viant6, le 15 août 2019 07:26:54
Yeah, res is all over the place, was Cylcone, changed to MF and only yesterday switched to Champion Impale.

The deaths are understandable & can be fixed with more res & using Vaal Molten better, but feel DPS is low though. Compared to the previous Windripper-Hatred build, where I had worse res, 2.7k life (speed-MF) clear now is a lot slower. My tooltip was 40-50k I believe, maxed with HH buffs 780k. Now, 12k and highest is around 45k with HH. My guess is Impale takes more time to ramp-up and I don't have the shatter helping with clear?

Brutal was doing nothing for this build, tested and forgot. Near Heartseeker was insane for Elemental.

The ring was just whatever I had, sold a lot for HH. Will get AM ring and switch gloves & probably go a similar way to you d3viant6.

Flasks I've yet to change, been slow to switch over.

Figured Barrage wasn't really worth it yet, TS does enough for now?

As for astral plate chest, will need some time to sell some items before going that route.

Brings me on to my next thing. You don't seem to use any Skill Duration nor Solstice. Do you change for 5 way at all?
Dernière édition par Phukka, le 15 août 2019 07:44:23
"
Phukka a écrit :

Figured Barrage wasn't really worth it yet, TS does enough for now?

Barrage is worth it for arborix builds, it melts almost any boss in a few seconds. TS single target with chain support and arborix is weak.
Get diamond flask, it's literally +30% DPS for crit builds, best flask in the game.

p.s. Deadeye clears faster because of far shot and +1 chain. If you are not doing end game bosses and want to clear faster with HH - unspec point blank.
"
Phukka a écrit :
Thanks for the guide.

You miss POINT BLANK on tree. It's 50% more dps right there man.

And you should really fit a good 6L chest for barrage, barrage dps is insane with Rigwald's.
"
wiwigvn a écrit :

You miss POINT BLANK on tree. It's 50% more dps right there man.
And you should really fit a good 6L chest for barrage, barrage dps is insane with Rigwald's.

It's not 50% most of the time, unless you literally shoot from melee range
PB for TS with HH is very questionable. Imo, it's only worth it at high depth delve. Even in t16 maps it feels better without PB.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/870r1t/graph_of_far_shot_and_point_blank_damage_approx/
Dernière édition par blg_RealiZe, le 15 août 2019 08:50:16
Thanks all for suggestions.

Picked up Astral Plate and helped Alira so Resistances are capped & have 5k life. Will be more once I get Assassin's Mark ring and get rare gloves. Barrage will go in Chest & will later white socket again to switch it to TS. The only issue is I beast corrupted the Bow so only one red, so best option might be to stick with the set up I have now. Got Rigwald's and removed Point Blank and do feel like I've more DPS and clear speed.

So next changes - AM ring, rare gloves & probably Pride-Impale Watchers Eye.
"
Phukka a écrit :
Thanks all for suggestions.

Picked up Astral Plate and helped Alira so Resistances are capped & have 5k life. Will be more once I get Assassin's Mark ring and get rare gloves. Barrage will go in Chest & will later white socket again to switch it to TS. The only issue is I beast corrupted the Bow so only one red, so best option might be to stick with the set up I have now. Got Rigwald's and removed Point Blank and do feel like I've more DPS and clear speed.

So next changes - AM ring, rare gloves & probably Pride-Impale Watchers Eye.

Pride/impale are a FORTUNE< sold an old one for 60exa yesterday

You're doing FINE man!! Come beck with moar questions, we'll help ya :-)

"
HDTanel a écrit :
"
wiwigvn a écrit :
Because 4k4 life is squishy even for Champ. Try to get to 5k5+ at least.

You should replace your belt, nomad lacks life. You should also take more life node on tree and jewels. Your other gears can have higher life rolls and strength where possible.

Fight mechanic is also an issue but if you are tankier, you have more room. Shaper should be very easy with this build though, while Uber Elder is more about practice.

Thanks, yeah 4.4k is low but we do get a ton more from Molten Shell so I thought it is fine.. Shaper shouldn´t be an issue but random one shots and the beam melted me in a second lol..
Will get better jewels though and I guess I can get more life nodes aswell while im at it..
Gear wise, I think the belt is too huge of a DPS loss if I replace it with a rare one imo.. I mean I don´t die anywhere else other then the Shaper and Uber Elder.
Still I love love love the build even if it is squishy on Uber Elder and Shaper :D the entire game otherwise is a total faceroll and huge clearspeed.

Shaper is now super easy and deathless, Uber Elder I still struggle a bit :P 2-3 portals left is best result lol.

The funny thing is I never went with Tornado Shot +2 Enchant Helmet.. one is more then enough and costs 90% less lol. Few chaos vs 10EXALTS. Entire game melts. Chimera cannot even do his smoke phases.
Mathils actual cat
Dernière édition par HDTanel, le 15 août 2019 17:23:00

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires