[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

"
rypdamyst a écrit :
I've been trying this build on Hardcore and testing some changes. I'm currently sitting on 7k hp and Here are a few thoughts:

1) Defense-wise, Soul Tether feels way better than any Stygian Vise. The overleech easily compensates the hp loss. It's also better than Stygian for damage, since you can reliably use Damage on Full Life on the barrage setup, which is roughly a 15% damage gain over Slower Projectiles.

2) I've tested using Kaom's Heart to reach 8k~ hp and a weapon swap for barrage, but ended up sticking to a 6L+Maim rare chest after all. Weapon swapping is really clunky, and the damage loss is noticeable aswell. Maybe it'd work with a TS enchant to make it's single target better, and then just dropping barrage.

3) Rigwald's really is the best option for clear, but I tested out The Fracturing Spinner as someone else mentioned before in the replies and it's a really good budget alternative to it. In the end I ended up with a rare for more hp and damage. An additional arrow shaped quiver would probably be the best option.

4) Picked up Iron Reflexes on the tree. Having the extra armor full time makes molten shell (and vms) way more reliable. Also, using it on self cast since it felt better.

5) I dropped all Lioneye's Fall's nodes and went for the left side of the tree instead, grabbing more fortify effect, armor and hp there. Also using transcendent flesh there for dmg/phys reduction.

Here is my current gear atm @ 93, with improvements to be made later on:

Spoiler

Cool writeup. Have you tried any major boss fights yet? Such as uber elder, tier 16 guardians, or shaper?
I did Shaper last night. Trivial and fast. I'm not sure how much I care about doing Uber Elder though. Always the same shit rolled rares, no Watchers Eye.
Dernière édition par DamageIncorporated, le 11 juil. 2019 13:36:11
"
Jenova798 a écrit :
Finished the gear, any improvement suggestions?

Spoiler

Use your menagerie to get your arborix to 30% quality, it will improve phys dmg so far.
I get one shot a lot on t14+ ...Res are capped, life is a bit low but still, don't think extra 500 would be the game changer
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
"
rypdamyst a écrit :
I've been trying this build on Hardcore and testing some changes. I'm currently sitting on 7k hp and Here are a few thoughts:

1) Defense-wise, Soul Tether feels way better than any Stygian Vise. The overleech easily compensates the hp loss. It's also better than Stygian for damage, since you can reliably use Damage on Full Life on the barrage setup, which is roughly a 15% damage gain over Slower Projectiles.

3) Rigwald's really is the best option for clear, but I tested out The Fracturing Spinner as someone else mentioned before in the replies and it's a really good budget alternative to it. In the end I ended up with a rare for more hp and damage. An additional arrow shaped quiver would probably be the best option.

in terms of point 1, im 99% sure that dmg on full life and soul tether does not work at all if you are using blood rage. at least it didnt when i was playing cyclone about a week ago. the leech between life and ES switches too much and you are constantly dropping the buff. it's not like if you just have either life or ES where you keep the dmg buff if you out leech the degen from blood rage.

i'm not sure if swapping rigwalds for a rare is worth it at all. i've read elsewhere that barrage can fork into two projectiles and hit the main target twice. i did test this on hydra last night. 5 kills with rigwalds and 5 without. the 5 kills with it equipped i instan killed him before he phased. the 5 without rigwalds, 4 of them he phased and didn't die instantly. this is totally anicdotal though and is basically impossible to prove
Currently leveling and wonder the same as someone has asked, what's the best gear progression? I have around 15 ex in stash so I guess I can afford 02 items out of 6L bow, 6L/7L chest or rigwald's or impale watcher's eye. Or other big investment items I need to get first?

Thanks a lot!
Dernière édition par wiwigvn, le 12 juil. 2019 03:47:28
"
wiwigvn a écrit :
Currently leveling and wonder the same as someone has asked, what's the best gear progression? I have around 15 ex in stash so I guess I can afford 02 items out of 6L bow, 6L/7L chest or rigwald's or impale watcher's eye. Or other big investment items I need to get first?

Thanks a lot!

Grab your 6L and rigwalds, try to get an arborix with good phys dmg role, try to 6l it and then corrupt it in menagerie for 30% quality.
Dernière édition par VantsLoL, le 12 juil. 2019 04:35:24
Would this work? for a chest
Also, does this lab decently?

Rarity: Rare
Pandemonium Wrap
Astral Plate
--------
Quality: +30% (augmented)
Armour: 924 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 64
Str: 180
--------
Sockets: G-W-R-W-R-W
--------
Item Level: 100
--------
+12% to all Elemental Resistances
Item sells for much more to vendors
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 1 Maim
Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost
+113 to maximum Life
1% of Life Regenerated per second
8% increased maximum Life (crafted)
8% increased maximum Mana (crafted)
I found a lethal pride with 10% fortify effect on both "King of the Hill" and "Silent Steps" also 10% fortify effect on "Aspect of the Eagle" but that's probably not worth the travel points.

It also has 5% chance to deal double damage on "Acuity", 20% armor on "Heartseeker"

Overall, really good jewel for this build; might be time to revisit this build.
"
Kosyne13 a écrit :
Would this work? for a chest
Also, does this lab decently?

Rarity: Rare
Pandemonium Wrap
Astral Plate
--------
Quality: +30% (augmented)
Armour: 924 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 64
Str: 180
--------
Sockets: G-W-R-W-R-W
--------
Item Level: 100
--------
+12% to all Elemental Resistances
Item sells for much more to vendors
--------
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 1 Maim
Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost
+113 to maximum Life
1% of Life Regenerated per second
8% increased maximum Life (crafted)
8% increased maximum Mana (crafted)

u forgot one moment, that u cant color str base armour for this build, so this one just wwaste of currency!

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires