[3.15] 82% Block Dual Strike Impale Gladiator - 6M after 3.15 nerfs

Great Build!
Dernière édition par Pitopito, le 4 janv. 2020 10:04:50
"
kurwokwas a écrit :
Did anybody checked how Tribal Fury works with dual strike, so maybe we can potentially drop ancestral call and run with 5 purely offensive supports?

Tribal Fury does indeed work, however it only adds one extra target which still makes the clear feel a little questionable. I was considering it anyway though as it is really helpful in certain encounters, such as metamorphs as it allows us to use our single target setup and still deal with some adds.
"
Pitopito a écrit :
Great Build!

Thanks a lot, I appreciate the kind words!
"
Th0T_Clynse a écrit :
Hello Krumplefly, first of all I would like to say that you did a great job with this build. There is just two things I can't understand neither by the POB nor your guide, is how you get 82% block chance. I did everything like and got the same block items and still I am currently looking at 72% (I didn't do uber lab yet but that would add only 2% and I don't have the +1 block jewel as well). Once again congrats for the build it feels amazing!

I don't know if you're using a block chance sword (in either slot) but that could help you out. Also take into account that each time you block you gain extra block chance, you also have +8% if you have been hit recently. I'd also recommend Gemini as an anointment if you're struggling for some block chance.

Thanks for trying out the build!
"
MegaGrubby a écrit :
Thanks for this build! I've been wanting to get back to max block and this is scratching that itch.

I read the past few pages to try and catch up on community thoughts on this build.

There are some differences between the description in this post and the PoB for 3.9.

Pride is missing in the gems section.

You list War Banner in the gems section but it is now Dread Banner. Also missing the enlighten.

It's now lightning golem instead of ice golem.

I found your descriptive text in the gem section useful. I recommend having two PoB Dual strike setups, one for clear and one for boss.

Many guides now list the fossils needed for crafting needed items (for SSF players I think). Some may find it useful if you listed what's needed to craft the foil.

A 120 points passive tree in the PoB would be useful (or rename one of the older trees to 3.9).

edit: PoB shows MPD but the post says Ruthless with Impale. I think Ruthless is the current version?

edit: guessing the fossils for crafting are serrated, shuddering, jagged and sanctified.

Hi, yeah apologies for that, I've not been hugely editing the main post body since 3.8 or so, as such a lot of it doesn't add up. I will definitely have to mess about with it at some point and rework the entire thing to better reflect the PoB. Ruthless is not necessarily what we're after but I'm kind of undecided. Thanks for pointing out a few other areas I didn't notice that need editing though, expect the changes at some point soonish (hopefully before 3.10 lol).
"
InsiderTradingX a écrit :
is this still going well in 3.9? can you beat sirus with it?

I haven't beaten Sirus yet, but my friend has (using this build) at awakening 8.
In response to some older comments in this thread, I can confirm that
has no issues hitting enemies with the reflection skill. the extras are quite useful (especially for densely packed areas like delve, or high rolled maps.)

I have killed Sirus on Awakening level 8 on this build, so it's definitely capable, it just takes an attempt or two to learn the fight a bit before you start to get it (at least for me)

Surprisingly, for a very melee build, it handles t15 blighted maps quite well, I have only failed one and that was due to a lag spike.

Very nice build guide, though as others have mentioned, an updated version to match the PoB would be nice.
I played this build to 80. I wanted to like it, I really did, but Strike skills sadly just feel horribly clunky to play with... I started experimenting with other gems, got a 21/18 Vaal Reave for 3c.

Same tree and gear (around 3 ex gear overall I think) and it's around 2-2.5m Shaper DPS in PoB @ 83 (the fork that handles Impale correctly), but feels much much better (And safer, since you don't need to stick your face into everything you kill, Reave hits entire screen)

Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/KApCV7uJ

The build is very solid, just disappointed in Dual Strike I think.
Also seems like nobody is crafting swords with 300+ PDPS and Block, so it's been impossible to replace the Scaeva so far :(
"
jackerduud a écrit :
I played this build to 80. I wanted to like it, I really did, but Strike skills sadly just feel horribly clunky to play with... I started experimenting with other gems, got a 21/18 Vaal Reave for 3c.

Same tree and gear (around 3 ex gear overall I think) and it's around 2-2.5m Shaper DPS in PoB @ 83 (the fork that handles Impale correctly), but feels much much better (And safer, since you don't need to stick your face into everything you kill, Reave hits entire screen)

Spoiler

Also seems like nobody is crafting swords with 300+ PDPS and Block, so it's been impossible to replace the Scaeva so far :(

GGG nerfed multimodding for God knows what reason, that's why crafting one foil with chance to block and acceptable phys dps (~350) is now close to impossible, you need to roll chance to block with high %phys/#phys/phys hybrid/attack speed, regal one of aforementioned and then multimod it with what lacks and crit chance+quality... this needs like super tier luck, I have already spent 3k alts, not even close...
"
kurwokwas a écrit :
"
jackerduud a écrit :

Spoiler

GGG nerfed multimodding for God knows what reason, that's why crafting one foil with chance to block and acceptable phys dps (~350) is now close to impossible, you need to roll chance to block with high %phys/#phys/phys hybrid/attack speed, regal one of aforementioned and then multimod it with what lacks and crit chance+quality... this needs like super tier luck, I have already spent 3k alts, not even close...

I've had a thought about this and considered a better way to craft:

1) Alt spam a non influenced ilvl 83+ foil for phys/acc hybrid.
2) Regal
3) Annul if bad (or restart)
4) Prefixes can't be changed
5) Redeemer's Exalted orb for block chance suffix
6) Multimod

Its still expensive, but the chances of getting what you want are exponentially higher for arguably lower total investment.
Dernière édition par Tojozomi, le 5 janv. 2020 10:29:08

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires