[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

Can anyone share their pob with oni :)
"
Sorytis16 a écrit :

I have the same feeling here! Clearly there is a big issue with the nerf of immortal call. I get one shot pretty easily in map T14-15 from the legion content. It's frustrating because most of the time I cant really do anything to dodge or so.

I like vaal molten shell as a defensive set up and I prefer to cast it myself but it's definitely not optimal

My gear so far:

My gear so far:

Spoiler

Molten shell helps a lot thinking about dropping the phase run and get the steel skin instead.
Dernière édition par an4x15, le 17 juin 2019 16:22:17
"
CaptClueless a écrit :
Is there a certain aspect that makes this build extraordinarily squishy? Or is it just the nature of this game? I'm new to PoE and this is my first and only character so I have no basis for comparison, but I see quite a few comments in this thread about squishyness, dying, getting one shotted, so maybe it's not just me? The guide is fantastic, the build is fun to play, and I'm smashing through content damage wise, but survivability is bad to say the least.

I have something like 5400 HP and max res at the moment. Is that not enough? I tried figuring Atziri last night and she straight up instagibbed me. I'm getting into the 'red' tier maps now and some of those bosses have managed to clobber me in a millisecond as well. It seems all of my deaths are one hit wonders. Do I need 7k+ HP to avoid this? Or am I supposed to just 'git gud' and not get hit at all?

If you're new to PoE there's nearly a 100% chance you still have some learning to do. I haven't had time to get exceptionally good gear yet and have had no problems up until t15. I still think there is more improvement for my own skill and I've killed shaper/uber elder in past leagues with average melee builds.

Do you know about Atziri's reflect? Atziri has a 100% all damage reflect on one of the split clones, this will instantly kill any build that deals direct damage, so we need to avoid attacking it ever. For tectonic slam it's easiest to accomplish this by standing in the center so your huge AoE doesn't accidentally hit the mirror clone. She also has a move that spawns a slowly expanding circle on the floor that can generally one shot most builds.

Legion rares in high maps with bad mods (t14+) are very dangerous for me at 5.8k life, especially if there's 3-4 stacked on top of each other, but outside of this, this is one of the strongest and easiest builds I've played on the smallest budget. In past leagues I've had nearly twice the wealth and found it harder than this build, though I've never played anything really broken (always melee builds.)

Just picked that up for 1 ex. Using it will require me to find more Cold and Lightning Resists elsewhere. I am wondering how useful the Charged Slam Enchant and the "Nearby Enemeies have -9% to Fire Resists" are damage wise. Any inputs? I put the item into PoB but it doesn't show any change in DPS. It seems like that would be a massive DPS increase with the reduced Fire Res, but I'm not sure. Thanks for the input
Dernière édition par Suds1029, le 17 juin 2019 19:37:27
"
BigBlappa a écrit :

If you're new to PoE there's nearly a 100% chance you still have some learning to do. I haven't had time to get exceptionally good gear yet and have had no problems up until t15. I still think there is more improvement for my own skill and I've killed shaper/uber elder in past leagues with average melee builds.

Do you know about Atziri's reflect? Atziri has a 100% all damage reflect on one of the split clones, this will instantly kill any build that deals direct damage, so we need to avoid attacking it ever. For tectonic slam it's easiest to accomplish this by standing in the center so your huge AoE doesn't accidentally hit the mirror clone. She also has a move that spawns a slowly expanding circle on the floor that can generally one shot most builds.

Legion rares in high maps with bad mods (t14+) are very dangerous for me at 5.8k life, especially if there's 3-4 stacked on top of each other, but outside of this, this is one of the strongest and easiest builds I've played on the smallest budget. In past leagues I've had nearly twice the wealth and found it harder than this build, though I've never played anything really broken (always melee builds.)

Build is a good starter for sure. But there is a huge issue of tankiness tbh. I just decided to drop it after putting almost 20ex and getting two shot in T14 elder 110IQ. I've been playing since awhile and it never happened to me before after putting that much currency. Last league did a incinerate starter and I went killing shaper on a 5L with maybe 100c... Most of the issue came of the nerf of IC and the OP can't do anything about it. It's still an amazing build, an amazing guide but it's lacking in tankiness to sustain at the end game without crazy investment I'd say.
Dernière édition par Sorytis16, le 17 juin 2019 18:58:10
"
Sorytis16 a écrit :

Build is a good starter for sure. But there is a huge issue of tankiness tbh. I just decided to drop it after putting almost 20ex and getting two shot in T14 elder 110IQ. I've been playing since awhile and it never happened to me before after putting that much currency. Last league did a incinerate starter and I went killing shaper on a 5L with maybe 100c... Most of the issue came of the nerf of IC and the OP can't do anything about it. It's still an amazing build, an amazing guide but it's lacking in tankiness to sustain at the end game without crazy investment I'd say.

Are you going to respec your character or start another build? I just completed eternal lab and starting yellow maps but don’t want to invest if I’m going to hit a dead end.
"
DR0DIUS a écrit :
"
Sorytis16 a écrit :

Are you going to respec your character or start another build? I just completed eternal lab and starting yellow maps but don’t want to invest if I’m going to hit a dead end.

My opinion:
Maping is fast, map bosses are melting.
Lab easy
Red elder easy
Shaper easy
Guardians are doable, need to know what you doing. I farming T16 i die time to time but mostly from bad plays.

Uber elder - HELL NO! I will try it again soon but not sure it won't be the same as last time. Edit: Confirmed I tried 2 set any hit from shaper or elder will one-shot you, best was the last phase but you need to play perfectly 2 shaper ball, 2 ice spear from elder or just to stand in the degen poodle will rekt you. I tried with kaom's roots, was better without the slow effect, but still, you need to be hell of a player to dodge everything. Dmg is nice you burn the phase down fast max 5sec. But you can't survive.

If you want a boss killer this is not your char. If you want a crazy fast mapper with fun half screen clear. You should start to invest. But I'm telling you till you not switch to foils it will be slow.(Start investment is around 12ex) Other side regrets are cheap,you can respec anytime and the build using general 1h stuff.
Dernière édition par an4x15, le 17 juin 2019 22:19:24
After looking at some other Marauder build guides I think i'm going to stick it out. This is a really great build guide. Thanks for all of your effort Rake.
Hi Rake7, Thanks for the great guide. I was wondering if you could take a look at my character. I feel like I'm pretty much in T4 gear but my number in PoB are slightly more then half of yours. Thanks for the help.

Edit with PoB link: https://pastebin.com/WSMuNHkV
Dernière édition par MOSG, le 18 juin 2019 04:01:47
For those looking for a tanky version with less damage and Oni Goroshi you can check this post which is based on this build. It's where I started but didn't like it so ended up here.

[3.7] Crit Tectonic Slam Chieftain, Oni Goroshi SSF / League starter Passive Tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2514842

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires