[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

My current item i think endgame build should look like this.

My tooltip dps at hideout around 1m3 with lv 18 gem.

https://imgur.com/a/Pc2OXly

I can upgrade my sword quality and get bottle faith.
A casual PoE guy with some virtual achievement:
- Have a character LEVEL 1 0 0 in: Ranger, Marauder, Shadow, Witch, Templar, Scion and Duelist.
- Rank 1 Juggernault in Atlas Invasion Event
- Rank 5 Juggernault in Delirium Every Where Event
- Rank 4 Chieftain in Endless Heist SSF
Is there a certain aspect that makes this build extraordinarily squishy? Or is it just the nature of this game? I'm new to PoE and this is my first and only character so I have no basis for comparison, but I see quite a few comments in this thread about squishyness, dying, getting one shotted, so maybe it's not just me? The guide is fantastic, the build is fun to play, and I'm smashing through content damage wise, but survivability is bad to say the least.

I have something like 5400 HP and max res at the moment. Is that not enough? I tried figuring Atziri last night and she straight up instagibbed me. I'm getting into the 'red' tier maps now and some of those bosses have managed to clobber me in a millisecond as well. It seems all of my deaths are one hit wonders. Do I need 7k+ HP to avoid this? Or am I supposed to just 'git gud' and not get hit at all?
"

GG gear!

What's the deal with Consecrated Path? Is it the best option?

Also don't you have problem with endurance charges without Smashing Strikes?
"

cool gear... you are either the best poe player out there or you have 4-5 ppl who feed you with currency :D or maybe insane luck. who knows... anyway gg :)
"
jtag a écrit :
"

GG gear!

Also don't you have a problem with endurance charges without Smashing Strikes?

CP is a very fun skill. I ran through everything pretty fast included guardian (shaper and elder). Tooltip DPS for CP is around 7-800k but the total damage is far lower than Tectonic Slam because Tec has 35% chance to deal 60% more damage and 20% chance to deal 60% more dmg (enchant on the helmet). But you know, when mapping, you gotta go fast xD

Only need tectonic slam/ruthless (swap for pulverize) for uber elder.

for endurance charge generation, just put endurance charge on melee stun on your leap slam. im trying to test new legion gem that's why I skip smashing strike to get jewel node below :D
A casual PoE guy with some virtual achievement:
- Have a character LEVEL 1 0 0 in: Ranger, Marauder, Shadow, Witch, Templar, Scion and Duelist.
- Rank 1 Juggernault in Atlas Invasion Event
- Rank 5 Juggernault in Delirium Every Where Event
- Rank 4 Chieftain in Endless Heist SSF
"
CaptClueless a écrit :
Is there a certain aspect that makes this build extraordinarily squishy? Or is it just the nature of this game? I'm new to PoE and this is my first and only character so I have no basis for comparison, but I see quite a few comments in this thread about squishyness, dying, getting one shotted, so maybe it's not just me? The guide is fantastic, the build is fun to play, and I'm smashing through content damage wise, but survivability is bad to say the least.

I have something like 5400 HP and max res at the moment. Is that not enough? I tried figuring Atziri last night and she straight up instagibbed me. I'm getting into the 'red' tier maps now and some of those bosses have managed to clobber me in a millisecond as well. It seems all of my deaths are one hit wonders. Do I need 7k+ HP to avoid this? Or am I supposed to just 'git gud' and not get hit at all?

Feel you :) Nah it's not git gud. I think before ith had the immortal call as a defensive layer, now with the rework its gone and yet missing a defensive layer. Most of the time the endurance charge regen + armor + physred is your defensive layer, but here because we burn our endurance charges constantly we dont have it. I tried life leech (dropped some dmg nodes and got Vaal pact and some leech nodes. It helped a bit but not solved the one-shot problem.) I will experiment with a molten shell, and other defensive skills with a cast on dmg taken I will come back if I found a solution for that.

The frustrating part is the map one-shots, and most times the monolith packs could be nasty especial the ranged ones could one-shot you before you can reach them with skills.(I have 150+ deaths this league and I got most of them on high tier maps. From this like 50 ish is my bad play other is the missing defensive layer)

Bottom line. I could not kill Uber elder with this build, but I cleared every other content deathless. Shaper, Red elder, New Legion encounter 4emblem.
"
"
jtag a écrit :
"

GG gear!

Also don't you have a problem with endurance charges without Smashing Strikes?

CP is a very fun skill. I ran through everything pretty fast included guardian (shaper and elder). Tooltip DPS for CP is around 7-800k but the total damage is far lower than Tectonic Slam because Tec has 35% chance to deal 60% more damage and 20% chance to deal 60% more dmg (enchant on the helmet). But you know, when mapping, you gotta go fast xD

Only need tectonic slam/ruthless (swap for pulverize) for uber elder.

for endurance charge generation, just put endurance charge on melee stun on your leap slam. im trying to test new legion gem that's why I skip smashing strike to get jewel node below :D

Great gear, what is your experience about the sustain? Also, you don't feel missing everything? You have ~95% accuracy, I feel like with 98% I missing a bunch of hits on my build.
Dernière édition par an4x15, le 17 juin 2019 11:39:10
Can someone explain please, why use of dual Ahn's gives ~20% more dps then my current swords, which, i believe, was suppossed to increase it?
Spoiler

"
Ratchet27 a écrit :
Can someone explain please, why use of dual Ahn's gives ~20% more dps then my current swords, which, i believe, was suppossed to increase it?
Spoiler

Your swords are ~250 dps Ahn's are 300+ also you missing 1% accu ahn will give you acccuarcy so it will boost that 1% missing dps.
"
an4x15 a écrit :

Feel you :) Nah it's not git gud. I think before ith had the immortal call as a defensive layer, now with the rework its gone and yet missing a defensive layer. Most of the time the endurance charge regen + armor + physred is your defensive layer, but here because we burn our endurance charges constantly we dont have it. I tried life leech (dropped some dmg nodes and got Vaal pact and some leech nodes. It helped a bit but not solved the one-shot problem.) I will experiment with a molten shell, and other defensive skills with a cast on dmg taken I will come back if I found a solution for that.

The frustrating part is the map one-shots, and most times the monolith packs could be nasty especial the ranged ones could one-shot you before you can reach them with skills.(I have 150+ deaths this league and I got most of them on high tier maps. From this like 50 ish is my bad play other is the missing defensive layer)

Bottom line. I could not kill Uber elder with this build, but I cleared every other content deathless. Shaper, Red elder, New Legion encounter 4emblem.

I have the same feeling here! Clearly there is a big issue with the nerf of immortal call. I get one shot pretty easily in map T14-15 from the legion content. It's frustrating because most of the time I cant really do anything to dodge or so.

I like vaal molten shell as a defensive set up and I prefer to cast it myself but it's definitely not optimal

My gear so far:

Spoiler

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires