[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

What do you think about using Oni-Goroshi and Loreweave with your build? :)

Can you look at my skill tree:
www.poeurl.com/crgQ
Dernière édition par SzaQak, le 8 juin 2019 13:27:06
"
huyakf1997 a écrit :
Hi Rake, i followed your build but i have some question to ask and hopefully u can make it clear for me.
It's my first time playing tectonic slam but it feels kinda slow compare to others melee builds. Idk if it's the nature of thid build or i am doing something wrong ? Even though i tried multistrike but it felt even worse.
Second, is there any other way to build this but not crit ? I mean as a league start build our crit won't be enough with crappy gears.
Third, i barely saw my endurance charges build up. Is it because i spent them too fast or we just can't generate enough ? ( even though my atk spd feels slow :/ )
I'm lv 68 rn and just finish act10. The dmg is great and the build feels fine. Even though to actually feel good about a melee build like this i think we should be able to attack faster right ?
I'm sorry if my question sounds stupid but that's exactly what i felt after 12 hours into the build :D

Tectonic Slam got it's attack Speed decreased from 100% to 80%. To compensate this the Damage got buffed by 20%. Furthermore Multistrike got it's Attack Speed Bonus reduced from 94% more Attack Speed down to 44%.

So overall, Tectonic Slam will attack slower in 3.7. But i've tested it on Standard with my 3.6 Character and it still felt good for me. I can ofc not assess if this would feel fast enough for you.

And it doesn't matter that it's a league starter. Your damage with crit will always be way higher with crit than without, even with the 15c gear. You only have to take the crit sword nodes to Fatal Blade and use a Diamond Flask and your Crit will be more than good enough.

Additionally, if you don't like the slower playstyle from Tectonic Slam, you can easily take nearlly any Melee skill by additionally taking "Winter spirit" on the Tree if the other skill by itself don't have an elemental conversion yet (unlike tectonic slam, consecrated path, frost blades ect.)

If the other melee skill isn't a fire skill i would also not take Tawhoa Ascendancy anymore. Instead Tukohama and Arohongui or Hinekora. (if it isn't a fire skill it probably would be optimal to go jugg later, but it wouldn't be a problem in any way to play as chieftain a long time)
Dernière édition par Rake7, le 8 juin 2019 13:29:12
"
What do you think about using Oni-Goroshi and Loreweave with your build? :)

You can use both but it won't be better than what i've suggested in the gearing section
delete
Dernière édition par SzaQak, le 8 juin 2019 13:39:31
So, I am following this build, And atm I am level 52, Read your note about multistrike, At this point I did the first lab and now I am a Chieftian, So, switching to Juggernaut is not an option right now, So, My question is what is the gem link to use, without multistrike? Right now I am using Tectonic slam>Mele phys>Elemental damage with attack>Close combat

And Without Multistrike, Is there a way to scale attack speed?
Dernière édition par ark4rk, le 8 juin 2019 14:14:23
Hi there Rake,

Thanks for the build guide although many things have changed it is definitely still playable :)

I believe many ppl have the same questions as I do regarding the support gems...Currently deciding between close combat, rage support for my 5th-6th link and really not sure which is better.

For ppl playing this build atm, what are your thoughts?
I just got my 5-link and put in Rage. It has helped so much for the attack speed loss. Will try Close Combat later but so far Rage has been working out well.
"
ark4rk a écrit :

"As soon as you get Tectonic Slam (Act 3):
Tectonic Slam [lvl 28] + Melee Physical Damage [lvl 18] + Elemental Damage with Attacks [lvl 18] + Fortify [lvl 31] + Pulverise [lvl 31]"

:)
Dernière édition par SzaQak, le 8 juin 2019 15:25:43
So what gems are we supposed to use, because it's nowhere stated in the guide and yes i've read that PoB has not been updated yet. But like what are the gems rn? Are we still using Hatred in place of Blood and Sand f.e?
I was playing my own little ground slam build but when I picked up tectonic slam I wanted to go that route instead. Was working with axes and my tree is a bit jacked up but starting to move points around. No currency no gear and essentially SSF. Only 43 and about to do normal lab.

Damage is rough right now and its been fairly slow going but having fun. Rares and bosses take a lot of kiting and time to kill off. Legion's are hard, not popping packs as fast and they're spread out so much it's hard to find the "good" stuff before the timer goes out.

Going to try and get a few more levels before switching over to swords and not completely sure on which ascendency fits my style yet.

Going to work on following the guide a little more and hopefully it gets updated quickly (I know, big ask :) ) in the meantime.

Props on the guide, one of the best I've seen on the forums.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires