[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

Just wondering why we dont use Anger or Herald of Ash noticed we use Purity and Hatred sorry if its a noob question?
Dernière édition par Bezmageddon, le 22 juil. 2019 10:02:17
It's a good noob question though! Auras are tricky. You need to decide on the right balance of offense and defense in a way that synergizes well with your build and fits within your mana framework.

Best thing is usually to try different combinations that look interesting and compare the results in PoB and in play. Anger feels like it would generally be better than Hatred in a fire-based build, unless you need a source of cold for some reason, but both of them are 50% reservation.

I have a slightly different build with Ash, Purity, Blood & Sand, Flesh & Stone, and a low level Precision. Even with Enlighten on the first 3 it reserves a lot of mana, but it works for me. I don't have a -mana chest, but I'm Consecrated Path, which is 8 mana vs 10 for Tectonic Slam.

"
It's a good noob question though! Auras are tricky. You need to decide on the right balance of offense and defense in a way that synergizes well with your build and fits within your mana framework.

Best thing is usually to try different combinations that look interesting and compare the results in PoB and in play. Anger feels like it would generally be better than Hatred in a fire-based build, unless you need a source of cold for some reason, but both of them are 50% reservation.

I have a slightly different build with Ash, Purity, Blood & Sand, Flesh & Stone, and a low level Precision. Even with Enlighten on the first 3 it reserves a lot of mana, but it works for me. I don't have a -mana chest, but I'm Consecrated Path, which is 8 mana vs 10 for Tectonic Slam.

Sweet thanx im not a fan of purity the sentitals are bit annoying for me so think im gonna go ash i like the burn affect too anger could be good to use if u find a good eye jewel but thats along way away for me i also have a essence worm ring i could use until i get my enlighten gem and use anger in that to save mana could run 3 auras then
Dernière édition par Bezmageddon, le 22 juil. 2019 11:35:10
Is the best 6 link armour set up tectonic/fortify/melee/elemental/increased area with pulverise and switch pulverise and increased area of effect for ruthless and concentrate?You said dont use Multistrike right?
Dernière édition par Bezmageddon, le 22 juil. 2019 18:53:51
Author's gem thoughts are on the first page. For the last two, your choices and the swap are fine. Play around in game and with PoB to get the right feel for you.

Multistrike will burn through your endurance charges really fast so not recommended.
Here is a promised video by me to kind of showcase how fun it is to play :) (altho it turned out like a brand new poe cinematic)
Still worth to try and enjoy :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HIcYR_FPdY
I wonder, i want to go straight form Ahn's might to T2 foils/Swords. Can i change out one sword at a time or do i need to change both at the same time? I can only afford one t2 sword.

Or should i just buy t3 swords? It just dont seem like a big upgrade from Ahns. Maybe im wrong? I have saved up 5 exalts atm and can run t16 maps decent.
"
Downfall89 a écrit :
I wonder, i want to go straight form Ahn's might to T2 foils/Swords. Can i change out one sword at a time or do i need to change both at the same time? I can only afford one t2 sword.

Or should i just buy t3 swords? It just dont seem like a big upgrade from Ahns. Maybe im wrong? I have saved up 5 exalts atm and can run t16 maps decent.

Oh it's big, there is a huuuuge difference with foils. Attack Speed alone makes it worth a while
"
Bezmageddon a écrit :
Is the best 6 link armour set up tectonic/fortify/melee/elemental/increased area with pulverise and switch pulverise and increased area of effect for ruthless and concentrate?You said dont use Multistrike right?
from personal experience, Multistrike is not bad, if you have mana sustain issues, after you've made sure those are gone, go elemental/mele phys/concentrated/rage/fortify combine rage with berserk on cast when damage taken. I ran multistrike without the rage and berserk instead of that before I ran Cast when damage taken + blade vortex. Some of the setups are on personal feel, but along the way they are more finnecky stuff that you should read into more
"
Monoriss a écrit :
from personal experience, Multistrike is not bad, if you have mana sustain issues, after you've made sure those are gone, go elemental/mele phys/concentrated/rage/fortify combine rage with berserk on cast when damage taken. I ran multistrike without the rage and berserk instead of that before I ran Cast when damage taken + blade vortex. Some of the setups are on personal feel, but along the way they are more finnecky stuff that you should read into more

Curious if you're saying you found that Berserk's damage reduction was enough to offset the reduced number of endurance charges from Multistrike.

The main frustration voiced with TS builds this league seems to be fragility. I know, even without Multistrike, I averaged only 2-3 of 5 e-charges up at a time. (And because of RNG it's unpredictable, anywhere from 0 to 5 at any moment, with no control over when you lose them.)

How long were you able to keep rage up for berserking?

Not debating here. Just looking to get more info on options for folks running TS builds.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires