[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

He probably didn't one-shot you, but one spear can freeze you and the second one might kill you.

Even when you first zone in, if you don't have quite enough health, and don't dodge his first ice spears, they can kill you.

The end game fights are generally not gear or build checks. Survival relies on knowing the fights and avoiding the things that are avoidable. Watch Engineering Eternity's video.

Also note that, with Tectonic Slam burning through endurance charges, you may have a lot less physical mitigation if you fail to avoid one of his phys attacks. I actually didn't see where you are generating endurance charges in the build, but maybe I missed it.

Other quick gem notes: You can replace Pulverise with Ruthless for boss fights
for more single target DPS. Rage is not a great mechanic for boss fights, and probably not for the build generally. Unless you are able to maintain a bunch of stacks, other gems are better DPS. In my simlar build using Cons Path, I need 10-20 rage just to break even, depending on the other gem I'm comparing to.
Dernière édition par GreyLensman, le 13 juil. 2019 06:30:27
Absolutely amazing guide, I love playing it so far. I love that you made trade links for everything it saves me so much confusion haha.

I have one question about the tree however. Why do we take the notable smashing strikes? its in the top left in the staff wheel. It seems like the only thing we actual gain from it is a 10% chance to gain an endurance charge on melee critical strike. I may just be undervalueing it but is it worth three points, especially when we could take something like lava lash?

Sorry if this is a dumb question I'm just curious.
"
Why do we take the notable smashing strikes? its in the top left in the staff wheel. It seems like the only thing we actual gain from it is a 10% chance to gain an endurance charge on melee critical strike.

It's a good question and a good observation. The build needs a source of endurance charges - for either charged slams or defense.

Warlord's Mark is one source, but I see a lot of guys using Assassin's Mark instead. Warlord's Mark is also great for clearing, but less good for single target, since it relies on kills rather than hits (or crits) to generate charges.

Smashing Strikes does provide a reliable source of endurance charges without kills, but whether you really need that is an interesting question since the flask fodder provided in most boss fights will also serve to generate endurance charges with Warlord's Mark. Of course, depending on gems and gear, SS might be the only source of charges.

Dernière édition par GreyLensman, le 13 juil. 2019 13:29:18
Hi! Aweasome guide. May someone check my character (only one on Legion)? I have planes to upgrade rings, foils and boots.

And which 2 more gems you recommend now? For bosses i change pulverise for ruthles. Rage is nice for maps, I can't choose beter one for mapping.
Dernière édition par TheAnderson, le 14 juil. 2019 09:32:48
still no videos :(
Question... going to run this build, and was looking at the PoB, Why are Transcendent Flesh and a Watcher's Eye listed in jewels, but not listed on the guide itself? Are they placeholders, or are they higher end jewels for the build?
Really bad build 0 defence in endgame.
Outside of skilling out of sword nodes and gear. Do you see validity in changing to Nebuloch to be super tank?
Haven't tried Nebuloch: not sure how much life regen you need and whether the leech would be enough to offset. My Oni build has a decent amount of both and 60% less regen maps are doable but a bit annoying. So I guess the question is whether a Neb build would take more regen nodes to be workable.

I found the easiest way to tank up without changing my build was to switch from Tectonic Slam to Consecrated Path. I have an Oni budget build that has evolved over the league, but the issues are the same so I think the approach could work for anyone following this guide. With CP and Warlord's Mark you are at full endurance charges pretty much all the time, and that can easily be 6-7 if you want to favor defense.

I currently have 5 max charges and only 5k EH at 90, but with that, consecrated ground, and the crazy offensive/defensive mobility of CP, I would say this is the most survivable build I have played. Currently doing t13-14 maps, but it's a stronger build than the one I wiped up Shaper Guardians with last league, and that's with a total investment < 3 ex.

For someone using this guide who already has an investment in gear, I would just grab a 20/20 CP and see how it feels.
Dernière édition par GreyLensman, le 15 juil. 2019 11:39:58
one of the best guide i ever seen. thanks for awesome job dude.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires