[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
brightwaha a écrit :
"
H3avyM3tal a écrit :
Since the buff to melee, is ground slam a viable contender here? Or does HS double dmg nature too much to beat?

Heavy Strike is an objectively far better choice for things like Shaper stunning. Heavy Strike and Ground Slam can both stun Shaper nonetheless.

So, yes you can ignore Heavy Strike and use Ground Slam only. The advantage of doing so is that you won’t have to worry about the threshold jewels and enchant. There are disadvantages as well, being that you have generally lower DPS, which can be problematic against stun immune bosses or Shaper if you’re not well geared,

Overall, I still recommend having Heavy Strike either in your secondary weapon or in your stash (for quick replacement before intense boss fights). But I wouldn’t call it 100% necessary, especially if you’re mostly just farming normal maps.

Im using HS with shockwave for map clearing and its working quite well so far. How can I lower shockwave cooldown more though?
What are you guys thoughts on faster attacks on leap slam? I feel like with the changes this patch it's not as necessary as before, as we get a ton of attack speed from rage now and we already build for it anyway.

On no regen maps sometimes I get into a state where I have no mana left and I can't use warcry to get the mana back because I don't have enough to cast it. If I have a vaal gs (it costs no mana) I can use that to start a leech instance and I'll be okay, but I think I might swap out faster attacks on leap slam link so that I can link my warcry together with my leap slam which so that they can both get blood magic support.

It'll also free up a gem slot as I had to sacrifice blood and sand so that I could free up a slot for frenzy.

At work rn, but I'll test it out to see how it feels when I get home.
Dernière édition par Kapitolist, le 19 juin 2019 10:51:18
"
Kapitolist a écrit :
What are you guys thoughts on faster attacks on leap slam? I feel like with the changes this patch it's not as necessary as before, as we get a ton of attack speed from rage now and we already build for it anyway.

On no regen maps sometimes I get into a state where I have no mana left and I can't use warcry to get the mana back because I don't have enough to cast it. If I have a vaal gs (it costs no mana) I can use that to start a leech instance and I'll be okay, but I think I might swap out faster attacks on leap slam link so that I can link my warcry together with my leap slam which so that they can both get blood magic support.

It'll also free up a gem slot as I had to sacrifice blood and sand so that I could free up a slot for frenzy.

Try it. :p
Personally I still use FA. The initial attack of Leap Slam is instant, but the recovery is so slow. Even on a a Berserker.
Dernière édition par Bananaplasm, le 19 juin 2019 14:01:22
"
Bananaplasm a écrit :

Personally I still use FA. The initial attack of Leap Slam is instant, but the recovery is so slow. Even on a a Berserker.

Hmm tried it and didn't like it. I'm torn between linking warcry or frenzy to my Leap slam - blood magic - FA now.
"
Kapitolist a écrit :

"
Kapitolist a écrit :
"
Bananaplasm a écrit :

Hmm tried it and didn't like it. I'm torn between linking warcry or frenzy to my Leap slam - blood magic - FA now.

I would always use Faster Attacks with Leap Slam. You can turn off one aura (Blood and Sand) when doing no regen maps, that should open up enough mana pool for you. If you accidentally use up all your mana, your main damage skill should turn into default attack, which can leech mana as well.
Hi im kinda newbie and had never digged real deep in the game till now. I chose your build to follow this league and its one of the most fun and solid run ive ever had, so thanks a lot for the awsome guide!

Im currently only at 3ex total so far and still missing: kaom's heart, slyslatha, devoto. However i tried my best to cap res and sitting at 5.5k hp, and actually comfotibly farming red tier maps right now (tho damage is kinda low and it takes sometime to finish one).
So what your suggest on my next upgrade? If the 2nd tidebreaker is needed i dont mind swapping for mapping; actually i gonna have to if i get kaom. Since most of my gears are rares changing 1 or 2 of them gonna require me to rearrange the rings and necklace to cap res again.
So should i just keep farming till i have enough currency for all of them or buy smthing right now for better grind?

Also not related question (and kinda noob one) but what i gonna do with a stack of 100 timeless splinter? it says combine 100 to make a emblem but i dont know what to do.

Thank you :)
"
ryanhawk133 a écrit :
Hi im kinda newbie and had never digged real deep in the game till now. I chose your build to follow this league and its one of the most fun and solid run ive ever had, so thanks a lot for the awsome guide!

Im currently only at 3ex total so far and still missing: kaom's heart, slyslatha, devoto. However i tried my best to cap res and sitting at 5.5k hp, and actually comfotibly farming red tier maps right now (tho damage is kinda low and it takes sometime to finish one).
So what your suggest on my next upgrade? If the 2nd tidebreaker is needed i dont mind swapping for mapping; actually i gonna have to if i get kaom. Since most of my gears are rares changing 1 or 2 of them gonna require me to rearrange the rings and necklace to cap res again.
So should i just keep farming till i have enough currency for all of them or buy smthing right now for better grind?

Also not related question (and kinda noob one) but what i gonna do with a stack of 100 timeless splinter? it says combine 100 to make a emblem but i dont know what to do.

Thank you :)

Don’t worry about a 2nd Tidebreaker before getting other key uniques.

I would say Ryslatha’s is a very huge DPS boost and you should eventually get one, but you should probably get your amulet/rings first (so that your res are capped without anything else), then Kaom’s Heart and then Ryslatha’s.

If you can do live search for your Ryslatha’s you could get a good one for cheap. I have a section in the guide talking about which mods are more important, and I think I have an even more detailed explanation a couple pages back in the comments. Basically people are ignorant about Ryslatha’s and doing live search could save you a lot of currency.

Devoto’s is super expensive this league, so unless you’re planning to use Cyclone to clear, I recommend maybe getting Starkonja’s instead.

You probably have a currency tab and are storing your splinters there. You can take 100 splinters out, unstack them (so you have 1 and 99 instead of 100), then stack them within your inventory. You should be able to get the emblem this way.
"
brightwaha a écrit :

Don’t worry about a 2nd Tidebreaker before getting other key uniques.

I would say Ryslatha’s is a very huge DPS boost and you should eventually get one, but you should probably get your amulet/rings first (so that your res are capped without anything else), then Kaom’s Heart and then Ryslatha’s.

If you can do live search for your Ryslatha’s you could get a good one for cheap. I have a section in the guide talking about which mods are more important, and I think I have an even more detailed explanation a couple pages back in the comments. Basically people are ignorant about Ryslatha’s and doing live search could save you a lot of currency.

Devoto’s is super expensive this league, so unless you’re planning to use Cyclone to clear, I recommend maybe getting Starkonja’s instead.

You probably have a currency tab and are storing your splinters there. You can take 100 splinters out, unstack them (so you have 1 and 99 instead of 100), then stack them within your inventory. You should be able to get the emblem this way.

Awsome thank you for the fast respond, ill hunt more fitable ring and get kaom next, also the emblem works! never thought of that. Cheers!
Slots for skills are really not enough, with vaal ancestral call, vaal molten shell and vaal ground slam, there's no way we could fit it all in Berserker

I already cut off normal ancetral warchief, normal molten shell and sand/blood stance switch and still missing one slot for war cry...

I begin to think War Bringer will be too much to take... and warcry feel a bit clunky (and dangerous) without Battle Cry.

Is it really worth it to take Battle Cry ? (approximatly 4 more nodes, more than an additionnal jewel socket) ?
Even with Rallying Cry which boost us the most (or rarely switch for Enduring Cry on stun immune boss/map) I'm not sure the investment on points, bar skill slot and even button pushing justify it.

Berserkers with same interrogation already have numbers or testing grounds about that ? I've played a bit with PoB but I'm not confident on myself and ingame feeling of playstyle is also really important
"
Kirbynou a écrit :
Slots for skills are really not enough, with vaal ancestral call, vaal molten shell and vaal ground slam, there's no way we could fit it all in Berserker

I already cut off normal ancetral warchief, normal molten shell and sand/blood stance switch and still missing one slot for war cry...

I begin to think War Bringer will be too much to take... and warcry feel a bit clunky (and dangerous) without Battle Cry.

Is it really worth it to take Battle Cry ? (approximatly 4 more nodes, more than an additionnal jewel socket) ?
Even with Rallying Cry which boost us the most (or rarely switch for Enduring Cry on stun immune boss/map) I'm not sure the investment on points, bar skill slot and even button pushing justify it.

Berserkers with same interrogation already have numbers or testing grounds about that ? I've played a bit with PoB but I'm not confident on myself and ingame feeling of playstyle is also really important

It feels clunky if you're spamming it on cooldown and then it gets animation cancelled. I have the same sentiment. But I also don't know if I could live without the QoL of a 25% heal on a 2s cd lol. I've running abyssal cry instead of enduring for mapping. It's really nice for clearing blue/purp mobs cause you leap slam in, cry and slam and everything explodes.

Bright I have a question about berserker life leech options. You mentioned in the guide that you could either pick it up in the passive trees or gear for it. But doesn't blood rage give life leech? Is the 1.2% it provides not enough to cap leech rate?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires