[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Question, how do you counter weight blood rage? Like even on Delirium I noticed I never was on max HP, so that was an issue. And now following your new path and even with some extra hp nodes, I always end up missing like 2-3 hp from max during the buff. Weirdly enough even during lifesteal I don't see those numbers going up to the max.

On the bright side of things, large clusters will always have 2 jewel sockets, so hopefully this will make cluster hunting less annoying and expensive.
Dernière édition par Praef, le 28 juin 2020 05:09:33
"
Praef a écrit :
Question, how do you counter weight blood rage? Like even on Delirium I noticed I never was on max HP, so that was an issue. And now following your new path and even with some extra hp nodes, I always end up missing like 2-3 hp from max during the buff. Weirdly enough even during lifesteal I don't see those numbers going up to the max.

On the bright side of things, large clusters will always have 2 jewel sockets, so hopefully this will make cluster hunting less annoying and expensive.

If you're missing like 2-3 hp, it's a display bug. You are still considered full hp and things like Damage on Full Life Support works.

You are only not considered full hp if you see your hp dropping consistently. And since you're playing Slayer, you can cover your Blood Rage degen with either your regen or leech alone. So, you shouldn't need to worry about it.

And regarding cluster jewels, right, the change is very nice. But still, with the reduced drop rate and insanely biased affix roll weights, it might still be close to impossible to obtain some perfect combinations we want. Doesn't hurt too much though, we don't rely on cluster jewels to begin with anyway.
Ahh, yeah my hp doesn't drop at all-it always remain under like 2-3 hp. The only time I see it going down by itself is if the map has no hp regen so the issue is obvious in that specific case.

I wasn't aware of this bug, so thanks for the heads up, as I was worried I did something wrong and consequently couldn't get the damage on full life to work due to that. On this new league I am still lacking full gear but yeah, did notice it stays 5.205 out of 5.208 hp without going any higher or lower.

And you are correct, gonna be hard to get the desired ones, but honestly I am just prioritizing feed the fury and overlord so I can yeet fortify out of my weapon. Smite the weak is good too, of course but yeah at least now I won't have to hunt for clusters with 2 jewel sockets as even that raised their price even more-Especially on this league.

I am still hoping they will go back on the stun part, or at least add a stun resistance mechanic instead of full immunity as that makes gaining tidebreaker endurance stacks a nightmare. It is something that directly affected gain endurance charge on stun for sure. And I don't like to rely on enduring cry just to gain 3 freaking charges.
Just been running a Medium with Rattling Bellow/socket/Small with life nodes. I'm waiting for the Cluster change to try and roll Rattling with something else, Mob Mentality hopefully.

I'm enjoying this build a lot more when I approach it like a marathon and don't try to rush specific gear pieces, plus rares are obviously really powerful this league.

Very interesting waters..

Edit: Small update. Ditched Heavy Strike and the Ancestral Cry concept for now. It seems viable, but it needs a lot more gear. Went full ham on Earthshatter, should've did this earlier. Ditched Rattling Bellow for Mob Mentality and Lead By Example. RIP Tidebreaker.
Dernière édition par driiifter, le 5 juil. 2020 12:33:54
What is the base for a coil that would end up with 48/36 after upgraded?
40/30, right?
Dernière édition par Praef, le 6 juil. 2020 05:30:20
"
Praef a écrit :
What is the base for a coil that would end up with 48/36 after upgraded?
40/30, right?

Right.
"
driiifter a écrit :
I'll still be playing this build in 3.11.
The way I found this build started with the desire to deal high single target damage with a 2hander, to me the stunlocking aspect just happened to be a very nice bonus. In my mind I still find this to be the most versatile 2 handed build. (No choice but to run Enduring Cry on bosses, but this can activate Earthshatter now. This seems interesting to me and gives more incentive to use a 6l chest.)

I'll still be experimenting. I'll post anything interesting I come up with.

Good luck all and thank you for your contributions!

Regarding "deal high single target damage with a 2hander"

I think i a missing something here, my singe target damage is horrible. I can clear a t16 map pretty easy, but certain monsters and especialy most bosses take for ever to kill. Heavy strike seems to do even less damge then cyclone.

Any idea what i am doing wrong?

thanks guys
"
keva654 a écrit :
Regarding "deal high single target damage with a 2hander"

I think i a missing something here, my singe target damage is horrible. I can clear a t16 map pretty easy, but certain monsters and especialy most bosses take for ever to kill. Heavy strike seems to do even less damge then cyclone.

Any idea what i am doing wrong?

thanks guys

One thing I noticed is that you're using Brutality and Atziri's Promise and Taste of Hate at the same time. They are not really compatible as Brutality prevents the added damage from those flasks from having any effect.

Also I would suggest getting rid of Bloodletting and Soul of Steel from your passive tree. Since this league those clusters have been nerfed and should no longer be considered.
Do you think the craft of changing quality into attack speed is something to be considered?
"
Praef a écrit :
Do you think the craft of changing quality into attack speed is something to be considered?

I don't think so. The attack speed bonus is nowhere as good as the physical damage we receive from the quality bonus.

It seems to me that this implicit is for elemental builds or basically other builds that don't make use of the physical damage on weapons. Not for us.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires