[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
evilmindcz a écrit :
Anyone found any good use of Timeless Jewels here?

I have been trying to divine Karui one today a few times, as it looks like safest bet with no downsides and can add some usefull mods (in pool is 20% dmg, 4% life, 5% double dmg etc) to notables. But considering the fact it should replace regular jewel with 4 usefull mods, i think the only logical place would be socket bellow duelist, as most of us already takes 5 notables there. Most i was able to get was 3 semi-usefull mods (and +40 str by default), but one of these was defensive (less dmg from crit). Wonder if its even possible divine some version of it that adds multiple version of the same mod in the same circle?

There are 2 choices here, one is the socket near Duelist, and the other is the one near Marauder.

The Duelist one gets 5 notables, 9 4str nodes, and 4 2str nodes (given that you don't go for Disciple of the Unyielding). The Marauder one gets 6 notables, 14 4str nodes, and 7 2str nodes (given that we go for Butchery).

So, I think the Marauder slot should be better. I am not sure but it looks like we don't get repetitive mods.

Overall, I think we get like 2 useful nodes and 2 partially useful nodes and like +70 strength from a Lethal Pride jewel in the Marauder slot.

Compared to a perfectly rolled rare jewel, which offers around the power level of 4 skill points, we can certainly get more value out of a timeless jewel.

But sadly we won't benefit from most mods from the timeless jewel and probably need to invest some divines to get the right mods we demand.

EDIT: I just divined and got 2 +20 strength mods on 2 different notables. So I guess repetitive mods are possible.

EDIT2: the current jewel I have is giving me 10% r.E.S.T., 40% increased damage, and 110 strength (110 strength = 55 flat life + 22% increased damage). This is vastly better than any rare jewels.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 18 juin 2019 00:07:39
Look at my character and tell me, is everything alright?
"
Ganis886 a écrit :
Look at my character and tell me, is everything alright?

I don't see anything wrong with your setup at all.

Maybe one change you can make is to get a better Ryslatha's. I just made some comments on page 117 about how important that max damage roll is, and you can take a look.
i looked at your skilltree and dont check what the jewel do ? Looks like bevor for me.
But i have no idea how that jewels work. Is there a simple explanation i can look for?

thanks for help. Til now no problem with maps. only some one shot from outside in legion encounters.

at bright.

you have no sec tidebreaker and cyclone in the first. Do you use that for bosses to?

Also i can corrupt it for 30 %. Is there a downside to not do that (i will make some white sockets and 6 link first to be more flexible with gems)
Dernière édition par ichbinwerichbi, le 18 juin 2019 01:41:31
Thanks for providing such a detailed breakdown and explanation of the build!

I was comparing your build to my current one to see where I could improve, and there are a lot of... unrealistic things in the current slayer pastebin.

Perfectly rolled lion flask and belt, tombfist with corrupted vulnerability, boots with corrupted endurance charge, level 20 flesh and stone, etc. These all make up a huge portion of the damage.

This is a bit concerning and I'm starting to wonder if it's not going to take a LOT of investment for this to work?
"
ichbinwerichbi a écrit :
i looked at your skilltree and dont check what the jewel do ? Looks like bevor for me.
But i have no idea how that jewels work. Is there a simple explanation i can look for?

thanks for help. Til now no problem with maps. only some one shot from outside in legion encounters.

at bright.

you have no sec tidebreaker and cyclone in the first. Do you use that for bosses to?

Also i can corrupt it for 30 %. Is there a downside to not do that (i will make some white sockets and 6 link first to be more flexible with gems)

The jewel modifies nodes covered inside its radius. Keystones are swapped, notables have added mods (20% increased melee damage, for example), and small nodes have +4 or +2 strength (normal nodes have +4, +10 attribute nodes have +2).

The added mods to notables are random and can be rerolled by using divine.

I am using Cyclone for map bosses. The Shockwaves are enough to stun them. When I fought guardians I did take Cyclone out.

As for the 30% quality, I have been hesitating because I kind of want to Vaal it in hopes for a Fortify corruption. I am thinking of using safehouse to raise it's quality.
"
splinterz a écrit :
Thanks for providing such a detailed breakdown and explanation of the build!

I was comparing your build to my current one to see where I could improve, and there are a lot of... unrealistic things in the current slayer pastebin.

Perfectly rolled lion flask and belt, tombfist with corrupted vulnerability, boots with corrupted endurance charge, level 20 flesh and stone, etc. These all make up a huge portion of the damage.

This is a bit concerning and I'm starting to wonder if it's not going to take a LOT of investment for this to work?

I think Flesh and Stone should be capped at level 6, so I should make the change some time soon.

As for the gears, they are all my own gears and found in previous leagues. They were all pretty cheap in the past... Now this is a melee league and this build received quite a lot of attention, so things are becoming expensive.

However, you don't really have to worry about all the luxury stuff. Vulnerability corruption only offers 6% DPS in this PoB page, Rylslatha's minimum damage roll is not really important, and the only expensive rare that I have is the elder amulet, which, because we are going pure phys now, we won't even make use of. and Lion's Roar... If you check my own character this league I don't even own a Lion's Roar yet, and I did a few Guardian fights on a 5link and the fights were very smooth.

So you can feel free to lower the numbers on the gears I imported, and you can see the DPS numbers or the life total goes down a bit. But you don't have to feel concerned, I can guarantee you that with my own gears I can stun-lock Shaper consistently on a 5 link - and 6 link to 5 link is a difference of 50% more damage.

Overall you will be in a very good shape if you find gears similar to or not too far worse than mine in the Legion league. And as your reference, I think I have spent around 12 exalts in my own build in Legion, 7 of which went into fusings for 6 linking.

EDIT: I just realized that I should have spent 16 exalts instead of 12, as I forget to count my Tombfist, which cost me 4 ex. So that gives 9 ex for all my gears and 7 ex for fusings.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 18 juin 2019 18:41:10
Since the buff to melee, is ground slam a viable contender here? Or does HS double dmg nature too much to beat?
"
H3avyM3tal a écrit :
Since the buff to melee, is ground slam a viable contender here? Or does HS double dmg nature too much to beat?

Heavy Strike is an objectively far better choice for things like Shaper stunning. Heavy Strike and Ground Slam can both stun Shaper nonetheless.

So, yes you can ignore Heavy Strike and use Ground Slam only. The advantage of doing so is that you won’t have to worry about the threshold jewels and enchant. There are disadvantages as well, being that you have generally lower DPS, which can be problematic against stun immune bosses or Shaper if you’re not well geared,

Overall, I still recommend having Heavy Strike either in your secondary weapon or in your stash (for quick replacement before intense boss fights). But I wouldn’t call it 100% necessary, especially if you’re mostly just farming normal maps.
"
brightwaha a écrit :

The jewel modifies nodes covered inside its radius. Keystones are swapped, notables have added mods (20% increased melee damage, for example), and small nodes have +4 or +2 strength (normal nodes have +4, +10 attribute nodes have +2).

The added mods to notables are random and can be rerolled by using divine.

I am using Cyclone for map bosses. The Shockwaves are enough to stun them. When I fought guardians I did take Cyclone out.

As for the 30% quality, I have been hesitating because I kind of want to Vaal it in hopes for a Fortify corruption. I am thinking of using safehouse to raise it's quality.

Wow you really taff. a 6l tiedebreaker to brick :-)

but youre right. Safehause with 28 is also good. And there is the posibility of corruption end of league or if i have to much currency (what never happens til now)

I dont understand how people like you get so much currency to get this really good stuff in week one :-) I am happy if i have items like yours end of league.
But there also people in this thread who got 2 6 l tiedbreaker with small amount of fusings. so lets see how far the build brings me. Til now i am really happy with it.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires