[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Hi brightwaha. First of all I would like to thank you for such an amazing build. Can I choose to go for a 6L rare chest instead of a Kaom's Heart?
"
CoCoNuTBoY2012 a écrit :
Hi brightwaha. First of all I would like to thank you for such an amazing build. Can I choose to go for a 6L rare chest instead of a Kaom's Heart?

You can certainly do that, but I think you will need a reason to justify this choice.

One valid reason might be you want to use some unique amulet or rings and it's making it difficult to cap your resists. Another valid reason might be that you just hate weapon swapping and want to be able to do your AoE and single-target at the same time. Or, maybe you are planning a crit build and want to make use of the flat crit chance mod on a chest. Or, maybe you want to do specific gem setups that require far more gem slots.

If you don't have a valid reason like the ones above, and you ended up not utilizing the gems sockets and have no trouble capping resists - then you should rethink your decision.

Otherwise, Kaom's is only for maybe 800 more max life compared to a rare piece; it's certainly possible that something else is more important than this 800 life.
"
brightwaha a écrit :
"
CoCoNuTBoY2012 a écrit :

You can certainly do that, but I think you will need a reason to justify this choice.

One valid reason might be you want to use some unique amulet or rings and it's making it difficult to cap your resists. Another valid reason might be that you just hate weapon swapping and want to be able to do your AoE and single-target at the same time. Or, maybe you are planning a crit build and want to make use of the flat crit chance mod on a chest. Or, maybe you want to do specific gem setups that require far more gem slots.

If you don't have a valid reason like the ones above, and you ended up not utilizing the gems sockets and have no trouble capping resists - then you should rethink your decision.

Otherwise, Kaom's is only for maybe 800 more max life compared to a rare piece; it's certainly possible that something else is more important than this 800 life.

Thanks for the quick response. You're absolutely right about the 800 life. I'm just unsure that if I can afford a 6L Tidebreaker since getting a 6L rare chest is much easier. Sorry if I sound silly but do you think a 6L Tidebreaker is a must have when comes to Shaper?
"
CoCoNuTBoY2012 a écrit :
Thanks for the quick response. You're absolutely right about the 800 life. I'm just unsure that if I can afford a 6L Tidebreaker since getting a 6L rare chest is much easier. Sorry if I sound silly but do you think a 6L Tidebreaker is a must have when comes to Shaper?

One thing to keep in mind is that Tidebreaker offers a 7th link, so a 6L rare body Armour is more like an equivalent of a 5link Tidebreaker, unless the chest piece has the Maim Support mod.

The thing about Shaper stunning is, if you have optimized gears, then you can use a 5link to stun Shaper and kill him without much effort. But it’s not too likely that you have an optimized setup before 6linking your Tidebreaker. (If you look at my current gears in Legion, I consider that as pretty close to being optimized, mostly just missing jewels.)

So, if I take my character in standard, take out one support gem and do Shaper, I would stun him 100%. But if we take a random player, who is doing this build and doesn’t have a 6link yet - he probably has mostly 19/0 gems, doesn’t have helm enchant, probably doesn’t have any decent jewels, and is probably a bit under leveled and missing some skill points as well - then he’s probably not gonna be able to trivialize Shaper fight by stun-locking Shaper consistently.
Dernière édition par brightwaha, le 17 juin 2019 02:31:44
"
brightwaha a écrit :
"
CoCoNuTBoY2012 a écrit :

One thing to keep in mind is that Tidebreaker offers a 7th link, so a 6L rare body Armour is more like an equivalent of a 5link Tidebreaker, unless the chest piece has the Maim Support mod.

The thing about Shaper stunning is, if you have optimized gears, then you can use a 5link to stun Shaper and kill him without much effort. But it’s not too likely that you have an optimized setup before 6linking your Tidebreaker. (If you look at my current gears in Legion, I consider that as pretty close to being optimized, mostly just missing jewels.)

So, if I take my character in standard, take out one support gem and do Shaper, I would stun him 100%. But if we take a random player, who is doing this build and doesn’t have a 6link yet - he probably has mostly 19/0 gems, doesn’t have helm enchant, probably doesn’t have any decent jewels, and is probably a bit under leveled and missing some skill points as well - then he’s probably not gonna be able to trivialize Shaper fight by stun-locking Shaper consistently.

Alright got it. Thanks for the help. Hopefully I'll be able to 6 link a tidebreaker later on. Thanks a lot. Cheers.
Have you ever consider Vengeance ?

I'm testing it before I go Kaom's and it's pretty reliable in T9/T10 map, don't know if it keep getting useful afterward... (with a stun support gem and/or LGoH)

Too bad close combat is sword/axe only, could have been really fun with it too.

Dernière édition par Kirbynou, le 17 juin 2019 09:35:05
Do i understand right, if i use Flash and Stone for sand stance i shouldnt link maim support to it?

And what about Steadfast node for fortify instead one jewel soket?
Dernière édition par CMa_, le 17 juin 2019 05:53:09
"
CMa_ a écrit :
Do i understand right, if i use Flash and Stone for sand stance i shouldnt link maim support to it?

You should be linking Flesh and Stone to Maim support as it increases the total increased physical damage that enemies take to 30% (16 from Flesh and stone and 14 from Maim)
"
triskadieka a écrit :
"
CMa_ a écrit :

You should be linking Flesh and Stone to Maim support as it increases the total increased physical damage that enemies take to 30% (16 from Flesh and stone and 14 from Maim)

How can i do it if i dont maim enemy in Sand stance?
Has anyone tried using berserk? I toyed with it a bit but didn't really find it to be very helpful.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires