[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Runnko a écrit :
Can this build be adapted for Jugger or he lacks something important? Just want a heavy strike Jugger build, but can't find one.

You can use Jugg, it's just I don't find Jugg particularly useful. If you really like some passive defense then you can probably justify picking Jugg. You can also go crit with Jugg, which requires some modification, of course.
I really hope new changes to the heavy strike (weapon range) will make it playable without any skill change for mapping/bossing. That is only what i care about :(
"
Crujien a écrit :
What is it with Slayer having "much higher defense"? I've hear multiple people pointing that out but never got it. I know Berserker takes 10% extra damage for picking up Aspect of Carnage - which i know is a more multiplier. But besides that .. what is the mentioned higher defense?

Edit: Also, how do you make use out of all the Slayer AoE? Heavy Strike being a strike and not having AoE Tag couldn't be the reason for this. So i guess it would be Ground Slam (?) or any other clear skill that uses AoE?

"
Crujien a écrit :
Slayer overleech lasts for 5(?) second base duration and would also mean you don't take Bane of Legends (which would further decrease mobility/clear) - or not taking Impact .. which would make you lose the praised AoE.
Berserker also gains stun immunity with >25 Rage - this leaves Bleed immunity.

Opposing this: Berserker gains (way) more damage/attack speed and the option to get either Pain Reaver (50% Maximum total Recovery from leech is HUGE; also free mana leech) OR War Bringer for on demand heals & even more speed/damage.

While i reaaaaally like slayer and i think it will probably be THE best crit Ascendancy this league - i won't take it for a Heavy Strike/Stun based character.

Heavy Strike now hits all targets in a cone within weapon range. Slayer gets +2 to weapon range, which is the radius of the cone (area = pi * radius^2). Or, if you use Ground Slam or other AoE skills, you get up to 50% AoE while mapping.

Berserker has 10% increased damage taken, Slayer has 6% reduced damage taken. Which means if Slayer has 7000 life, Berserker needs 8190 life to tank the same amount of damage. Also Berserker's rage and Blood Rage will completely remove all your regen effects, comparing with the abundant life regen and leech Slayer has, it's another big difference.

Berserker indeed gets more damage and higher mobility, no one is disputing that. If you value clear speed over other things then sure it's a good choice. Slayer is also a very good choice for people valuing safety and well-roundedness.
"
PlayArcher a écrit :
I really hope new changes to the heavy strike (weapon range) will make it playable without any skill change for mapping/bossing. That is only what i care about :(

I believe it will. And I believe with the new Impact, Melee Splash and Herald of Ash, it's going to completely delete a big pack.

But at the same time, Pulverise and Shockwave might be very strong as well.

We will see tomorrow.
I love this heavy strike build for bosses and will be using it in 3.7, but I really want to use Flicker Strike to clear Legion content/mapping as I believe it will be amazing this league for AOE clear speed.

I plan on playing the Slayer build this patch (non-crit version). Right now there's only one +1 Max Frenzy Charge within reach on the Passive Tree. Is this enough in combination with blood rage to use Flicker Strike? Does anyone have any experience trying to balance both these skills? Is it even viable?
"
ericpcho a écrit :
I love this heavy strike build for bosses and will be using it in 3.7, but I really want to use Flicker Strike to clear Legion content/mapping as I believe it will be amazing this league for AOE clear speed.

I plan on playing the Slayer build this patch (non-crit version). Right now there's only one +1 Max Frenzy Charge within reach on the Passive Tree. Is this enough in combination with blood rage to use Flicker Strike? Does anyone have any experience trying to balance both these skills? Is it even viable?

I played with Flicker Strike for a while with Slayer, Berserker and Ascendant back in maybe 3.1. The experience wasn't great but it was doable. My only frenzy charge sustain was Blood Rage and somehow I didn't have too much problem with charges while clearing. It was when I face bosses that I have to switch to Heavy Strike due to running out of charges.

I did have very good gears and one-shotting most packs was probably the reason that I sustained Frenzy charge, but now Flicker Strike is buffed this patch that it has a built in charge generation, so I think we should be able to sustain it now.

Unfortunately there are not many other sources of frenzy charge available to us besides maybe corruption implicits.
"
Crujien a écrit :
"
pigpill a écrit :

Slayer leech that doesnt stop at max life means you will always have max leech. You also get the damage reduction, stun immunity, and bleed immunity.

AOE is useful for any clearing skill you use seperately.

Slayer overleech lasts for 5(?) second base duration and would also mean you don't take Bane of Legends (which would further decrease mobility/clear) - or not taking Impact .. which would make you lose the praised AoE.
Berserker also gains stun immunity with >25 Rage - this leaves Bleed immunity.

Opposing this: Berserker gains (way) more damage/attack speed and the option to get either Pain Reaver (50% Maximum total Recovery from leech is HUGE; also free mana leech) OR War Bringer for on demand heals & even more speed/damage.

While i reaaaaally like slayer and i think it will probably be THE best crit Ascendancy this league - i won't take it for a Heavy Strike/Stun based character.

10% more vs 6% reduced I think is pretty big boon for the slayer argument. Speed and damage definitely go to berserker, but defense I think slayer wins.

Can you explain why the 50% maximum total recovery from leech would be anywhere near as good as having max leech always up in a fight? Also how often do savage hits happen?

I havent played berserker before but was leaning towards slayer because I wanted to try a crit version mainly, so I would have to give up both. Also concerned on how useful rage is with how slow we will be attacking (again never played zerker)
"
pigpill a écrit :
10% more vs 6% reduced I think is pretty big boon for the slayer argument. Speed and damage definitely go to berserker, but defense I think slayer wins.

Can you explain why the 50% maximum total recovery from leech would be anywhere near as good as having max leech always up in a fight? Also how often do savage hits happen?

I havent played berserker before but was leaning towards slayer because I wanted to try a crit version mainly, so I would have to give up both. Also concerned on how useful rage is with how slow we will be attacking (again never played zerker)

Yeah, that 16% difference is quite some - i agree.
BUT this league we will have Soul of Steel (5% physical reduction) and also those awesome Fortify nodes (at least Rampart should strongly be considered as far as i'm concerned) and on top of that things like Brinkmanship (5% reduced Area Damage). While this of course strenghtens Slayer defense even more, we end up having about the same if not more defense on Berserk now then what we had on Slayer before all those changes.

On that leech question .. have a look at this picture i grabbed from reddit and found very informative here explaining leech for 3.6 patch (no changes on this one for 3.7):
https://i.imgur.com/xZctNZY.png
Essentialy 50% increased maximum total recovery means you get 30% of your life as total maximum life leech instead of the usual 20% - this is also BEFORE any "increased recovery rate" (like the one you get from Soul of Arakaali; also available as elder mod on belts) which ends up being multiplicative on the total value from before.

In numbers:
Lets say you have 7.000 hp. 20% of that would be 1.400 - thats your total life reg from leech per second without any of the above mentioned shenanigans. With Soul of Arakaali that would end up being 2.380 in total.
While being Slayer this regen won't stop when hp reaches full but will continue for of 5 seconds after that.
While being Berserker (and having Pain Reaver) you would get 3.570 but that regen would stop when full.
So for me this comes down to: When will i profit from Slayer overleech? Inside a 5 second timeframe when not attacking - in between packs for example. Being me, i'd much rather have more life reg/leech in fight.

About your other concern with our slow attacks: Berserk rage gain is capped at 1 rage per 0.3sec anyways - meaning as long as you attack faster than 3.33 times per second you are capped out on rage gain. And as Berserker you will most certainly hit that even without Multistrike.
"
pigpill a écrit :

Maximum total recovery from leech is the leech cap, and is completely useless in single-target situations.

Without additional passives, each leech instance leeches at 2% life/sec, with a cap of 10 instances at 20% life/sec. Now with 50% increased maximum total recovery per second from life leech, the cap is raised to 30% life/sec, meaning 15 instances of life leech can be contribution to the leech rate at the same time.

The problem is... in single-target scenarios, you will never build up 15 instances while playing this build. That why I say it's completely useless in single-target.

While clearing, you may build up leech instances quickly by doing AoE. Now this is going to help you leech faster.

Overall, this Berserker leech node is not bad, but nowhere close to the power level of the Slayer leech.

We probably wouldn't be attacking as slow as you're imagining. Depending on if you use Multistrike we would be doing 3-6 hits per second (very rough estimate). This is definitely enough to build up rage stacks while mapping, and rage is going to help your mapping speed tremendously.

While bossing, rage is probably not going to play a big factor here. Maybe rage can help you keep your damage up after you use up all your flasks, but you need to play a really defensive version of this build to see this happen.
Just some beginner questions I m asking myself

- Crafted ring with shock nearby enemies when focused?
- Crit versions of this build possible/effective/having big advantages?
- Can a rare mace in terms of dps be better than tidebreaker inclusice 5-6 endurance charges?
- Interaction with phase run?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires