[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

welp I had 9 abilities on my bars and dropping berzerk will get me down to 8... now I just have to blood rage at the begining and then swap it over to the other skill... or somehow get rid of one of the following...

Molten Shell, Enduring Cry, Frenzy, Leap Slam, Ancestral Protector, Blood Rage, Vigilant Strike, or Heavy Strike.

I really like the idea of Vigilant Strike - Inc Dur - Blood Rage - Molten Shell as a 4 link... but I have one two many abilities for the stupid bar. :(
For now i used a 4L containing Frenzy . Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify.
Since i will be moving Fortify somewhere else (probably main link): How about using Rage Support in its place on the initial rampup with Frenzy? Also could help generating Rage Stacks passively while jumping around maps with Leap.

Thoughts?
So, i really want to try this build in 3.7, but not good in theorycrafting.

My question is now to start as berserker or slayer?

How u think will be the difference in terms of mapping/shaper?

From what I can think of, that slayer is fast enough in mapping and that berserker probably just needs too much time to build up rage to be efficient in terms of clearing fast?

Same for stand alone bosses:

Berserker: 40 % perma more damage + fully raged (questionable if this is possible at bosses?)

versus

Slayer: 20 % perma more dmg + 20 % culling strike (no idea how t calculate this into more dmg :P) + much more survability

Am i completly wrong with that?
"
Crujien a écrit :
For now i used a 4L containing Frenzy . Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify.
Since i will be moving Fortify somewhere else (probably main link): How about using Rage Support in its place on the initial rampup with Frenzy? Also could help generating Rage Stacks passively while jumping around maps with Leap.

Thoughts?

Sounds like it does help. But I don't know if it's worth the gem socket. Linking Blood Magic here sounds more appealing to me. Also you may run out of gem sockets if you use Kaom's Heart and Tombfist, which means depending on your choices of gems, maybe you want to leave it as a 3-link.
"
ILIAS a écrit :

From what I can think of, that slayer is fast enough in mapping and that berserker probably just needs too much time to build up rage to be efficient in terms of clearing fast?

Berserker: 40 % perma more damage + fully raged (questionable if this is possible at bosses?)

versus

Slayer: 20 % perma more dmg + 20 % culling strike (no idea how t calculate this into more dmg :P) + much more survability

We get normal culling from Skull Cracking cluster, so the 20% culling from Slayer isn't that much of a game changer. Berserker will have better mobility and DPS; Slayer will have a much higher defense and AoE.

In this patch I am leaning more towards Slayer, because now stunning Shaper isn't much of a concern anymore; and as long as we can fully stun-lock bosses, DPS is just a number.

Thanks for your replies!

What is it with Slayer having "much higher defense"? I've hear multiple people pointing that out but never got it. I know Berserker takes 10% extra damage for picking up Aspect of Carnage - which i know is a more multiplier. But besides that .. what is the mentioned higher defense?

Edit: Also, how do you make use out of all the Slayer AoE? Heavy Strike being a strike and not having AoE Tag couldn't be the reason for this. So i guess it would be Ground Slam (?) or any other clear skill that uses AoE?
Dernière édition par Crujien, le 6 juin 2019 16:30:15
"
Crujien a écrit :
Thanks for your replies!

What is it with Slayer having "much higher defense"? I've hear multiple people pointing that out but never got it. I know Berserker takes 10% extra damage for picking up Aspect of Carnage - which i know is a more multiplier. But besides that .. what is the mentioned higher defense?

Edit: Also, how do you make use out of all the Slayer AoE? Heavy Strike being a strike and not having AoE Tag couldn't be the reason for this. So i guess it would be Ground Slam (?) or any other clear skill that uses AoE?

Slayer leech that doesnt stop at max life means you will always have max leech. You also get the damage reduction, stun immunity, and bleed immunity.

AOE is useful for any clearing skill you use seperately.
Can this build be adapted for Jugger or he lacks something important? Just want a heavy strike Jugger build, but can't find one.
Dernière édition par Runnko, le 6 juin 2019 16:45:14
"
ILIAS a écrit :

versus

Wouldnt slayer be 35% more with the proximity more damage? How is that going to factor in? Also another 10% more if killed recently, so good for add phases.
"
pigpill a écrit :

Slayer leech that doesnt stop at max life means you will always have max leech. You also get the damage reduction, stun immunity, and bleed immunity.

AOE is useful for any clearing skill you use seperately.

Slayer overleech lasts for 5(?) second base duration and would also mean you don't take Bane of Legends (which would further decrease mobility/clear) - or not taking Impact .. which would make you lose the praised AoE.
Berserker also gains stun immunity with >25 Rage - this leaves Bleed immunity.

Opposing this: Berserker gains (way) more damage/attack speed and the option to get either Pain Reaver (50% Maximum total Recovery from leech is HUGE; also free mana leech) OR War Bringer for on demand heals & even more speed/damage.

While i reaaaaally like slayer and i think it will probably be THE best crit Ascendancy this league - i won't take it for a Heavy Strike/Stun based character.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires