[3.14-3.16 HC Updated] HOAG Champ. ~7k Life Gain on hit/sec vs. single target. All Content <Videos>

Going to grab an anomalous barrage(20% chance to knock back enemies on hit) and see how well it works. Should increase survivability by quite a bit. I will post back results if they show to be promising.
Would love to add a in voices if I could afford one. Highly recommendable if you can. Last variation I just ran was similar setup--experimented with only 5 pure agonies. It's definitely somewhat tankier. You are essentially (in the absence of voices) giving up a roughly 25% more multiplier for another roughly 700 life. That said, when I finally died, it was (as usual) from a boss fight related failure (I need more practice at Aul, who I finally found again delving) where the extra life made 0 difference. This one is gonna be a matter of taste.

Complete sidenote: Can now confirm, even in HC, that Grave intentions is my new annoint of choice.

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 9 mai 2021 19:25:23
"
RiZZaYnE a écrit :
Going to grab an anomalous barrage(20% chance to knock back enemies on hit) and see how well it works. Should increase survivability by quite a bit. I will post back results if they show to be promising.

I ran the knock back experiment many builds back. It was much fun and does increase survivability in most cases.

However, be careful: there are certain bosses with rotating mechanics (malformation piety is the first example that comes to mind) where knocking them back into a wall will make that mechanic undodgeable. You'll want to keep a normal barrage lying around for those special occasions. (Another learned-the-hard-way provided for your benefit)

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 10 mai 2021 13:43:43
I've just completed the gear with this build, and I've been doing T10-13 maps on level 73-74. I totally loved it. I was kind of afraid of the clearspeed but it feels awesome. Survivability and the damage is great. Thanks a lot for your effort ! And here are my gear ;
Edit : I haven't done the anointment and the aspect of the spider yet. I have 4k hp atm.

͡o ͜ʖ ͡o
Dernière édition par Berasteralon, le 10 mai 2021 07:20:19
Very glad to hear you are enjoying it!
Gear largely looks good. Spider and grave intentions are both nice upgrades when you get there.

Go get em!

-O
He should have been a priest of Yaomac . . . .

Gz on the doctor! That's a nice drop.

-O
I've been experimenting with Nature's Patience and I mostly like it so far. You get up to 10% less damage taken when standing in once place, and the downside of grasping vines is largely negated by using Dash.

Of course I don't think this will work very well with a more mobile playstyle, as you don't stay still long enough for the full benefit, but I play softcore and prefer to facetank rather than dodge around when I can.

The vines are, of course, truly annoying, but you only need a bit of muscle memory training to always dash before attempting to walk anywhere :)

Edit:
I also liked the Enduring Composure idea, the 3 endurance charges are up 100% of the time during most fights.
Dernière édition par ieatpillowtags, le 11 mai 2021 07:57:12
Updates on the news for those who are wondering. I've done A8 Sirus on level 84 and 4.7k health with 2 deaths because of my low-spec PC, I just dashed right into those circling things. Also I didn't annoint Grave Intentions, rather I got the health notable. The fight was quite awesome, didn't even have a problem except the stuttering and the freezing caused by my PC. Here is the final gear, not much of a difference but I crafted spider on the boots and got the life anointment. Planning to get Awakened Vicious Projectiles soon.

Also I've got my hands on a 21/23 Sniper's Mark, any ideas about how we could fit that in the build ? Maybe selfcast ?
͡o ͜ʖ ͡o
Gz on Sirus 8! Comp cam definitely cause issues--frustrating. As for snipers mark, yes that can be a solid addition self cast. In SC, I might consider dropping steelskin and seeing how that feels. If that is uncomfortable, you could consider dropping desecrate. Let us know how it goes if you experiment.

GL,

-O
"
ieatpillowtags a écrit :
I've been experimenting with Nature's Patience and I mostly like it so far. You get up to 10% less damage taken when standing in once place, and the downside of grasping vines is largely negated by using Dash.

Of course I don't think this will work very well with a more mobile playstyle, as you don't stay still long enough for the full benefit, but I play softcore and prefer to facetank rather than dodge around when I can.

The vines are, of course, truly annoying, but you only need a bit of muscle memory training to always dash before attempting to walk anywhere :)

Edit:
I also liked the Enduring Composure idea, the 3 endurance charges are up 100% of the time during most fights.

This sounds like an interesting experiment. I love hearing about the variants folks are trying. It's a chance for me to learn about ideas that I might try to incorporate in a future build. Good stuff.

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 11 mai 2021 14:51:20

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires