[3.14-3.16 HC Updated] HOAG Champ. ~7k Life Gain on hit/sec vs. single target. All Content <Videos>

I thought I had updated this. It should be chance to poison. Critical strike affliction is what the old poison gem (that we used to use) turned into. Apologies for any confusion--I blame the 3.15 update ;>

-O
Np bro you are reacting in your free time so i really appreciate it.

So use Chance to poison and remove 2 skill points near to Acrobatics (where is chance to poison) or is still better to have also that two points? Dunno if more % posion chance worth it.
Most welcome.

You will also want those two skill points. Chance to poison only gives 40%, plus 20% from Hoag. Those 2 skill points are another 25%, which gives us a reasonable total. Not absolutely necessary early, but once you are trying to maintain 50+ stacks of virulence you will need them, and even earlier they will make play feel better.

GL

-O
Just small tip, for bosses u can swap pierce for void manipulation (when u have full chaos conversion), It boost dmg quite lot.
Void Manip vs. Pierce

Probably an excellent swap for bossing. I would still use pierce for mapping because clear is that much better. ymmv.

-O
Have any ore thoughts on the big changes so far?
Excited about the changes for other builds, but a little concerned for this one, since dodge was a chunk of our defense. Have to see how it all plays out. There will definitely need to be changes to the build defensively to accommodate 3.16. Might actually end up being a net positive, just can't tell yet. Waiting on the patch notes.

-O
Yea, this build will be hard hit and probably not worth anymore. You can build hybrid armo + eva, but too much investment and u still lose spell dodge. It will not be so tanky as it was.

We still not see current passive tree, but if there will be some armo/eva nodes together, this armour could work - https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Cherrubim's_Maleficence

Big lose of life, but we can go to at least 50% phys dmg reduction and 50% eva.
If I'm being honest about it, between the loss of damage this past league and the upcoming defensive nerfs specific to this build, I think GGG is encouraging me (us) to go and try some new things. The variants of QR Hoag have been a blast for a number of years now, but I think I may be putting it down for a while in search of my next bad idea. That said, if there are any die hards that decide to give it a go and find a new way to make it all work, do please post here and let us know.

Wishing a good next league for all of you,

Orion

[Edit] Spent today going through the passive tree. Actually feeling MUCH better about the viability of the build. Not sure if I will league start, but very likely to mess around with it this league new POB idea posted.

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 19 oct. 2021 05:29:46
"
Orion72 a écrit :
If I'm being honest about it, between the loss of damage this past league and the upcoming defensive nerfs specific to this build, I think GGG is encouraging me (us) to go and try some new things. The variants of QR Hoag have been a blast for a number of years now, but I think I may be putting it down for a while in search of my next bad idea. That said, if there are any die hards that decide to give it a go and find a new way to make it all work, do please post here and let us know.

Wishing a good next league for all of you,

Orion

Sad HOAG will always be my favourite skill in the game

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires