[3.14-3.15 HC Updated] HOAG Champ. ~7k Life Gain on hit/sec vs. single target. All Content <Videos>

Thanks for sharing the build!

I copied your PoB (using PoB community) and for leveling purposes I was checking the DPS using a glove with Despair on hit and I noticed that the DPS of the crawler did not change and I assume the crawler has built-in 40% physical to chaos conversation, right?

DO you have any clues why that might be happening?

thanks for sharing the build concept, it is really cool
RE: Frenzy charges

Charges on the crawler do provide some benefit. Each charge on the crawler is 15% increased attack speed and 4% more damage. A crawler with 70 virulence already has 280% increased attack speed. So with 3 charges the speed portion works out to a little under 12% more and the damage portion a little over 12% more. Call it 25% more overall damage for 3 charges on the crawler.

But the question is, how were you planning to keep frenzy charges up on the crawler with our set up?

Re: Despair

I sometimes have had trouble getting POB to calculate the effect of curses. Go to skills and make sure that despair is checked as active and you have no other curse active. Let me know if that helps.

Luck,
-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 5 mai 2021 13:52:46
Supreme grandstanding
If I read Supreme Grandstanding correctly, the crawler would share its charges with you, meaning you would benefit from its charges. But I do not believe this lets the crawler share your charges (assuming you generated any). Happy to be told I am wrong if this is incorrect. If this actually works, then the extra 25% more multiplier for the frenzy charges is likely to be worthwhile (though it will have the downside of additional enemy damage, which may decrease survivability--would need some testing)

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 5 mai 2021 16:10:52
Nearby Allies and Enemies Share Charges with you. Yes that includes mininons. If it said party members it would exclude mininons. That's why harmony of purpose is written as party members.

I'm experimenting since I'm in soft core. my internet unreliable enough id die from lag anyway. I'm going to delve a bit to see how deep she can go.
Please confirm--having that node selected is actually generating charges for the Crawler? I want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding. I've looked at multiple threads now that suggest this is not how it works.

Yes, the crawler is an ally, but the sharing appears to run only one direction--From Crawler to you, not from you to Crawler.

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 5 mai 2021 18:39:33
Well GGG then fails again because the wording indicates it should.
I haven't had a chance test as I finally got a 3W socket triad grips and was trying rearrange my resistances and 6L my 100 Project speed Quill Rain.
Lol. Gratz on the grips and GL on the QR.
:>

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 5 mai 2021 20:26:55
I'm confused. How does a Triad Grip with only 3 sockets (white) convert 100% and not 75%? And if it does, is it preferable to have a 3 or 4 socket?
Hoag has inherent 40% phys to chaos conversion. 3 white socket grips are enough to bring that up over 100%. 4 white sockets is preferable only because of the extra socket available to play with. The conversion will be the same. However if you have 4 with a non-white socket, a pro-rata portion of the crawler's damage will be converted to elemental instead, as follows:

1. 40% inherent phys to chaos
2. 75% grip phys to chaos
3. 25% grip phys to elemental

=140% total attempted conversion

Result:
115/140 would be converted to chaos (about 82%)
25/140 would be converted to elemental.
(About 18%)

Against mobs with ele res that 18% both loses out on our 90% more multiplier from withering touch AND gets further reduced by that resistance. To take the worst case, Against Sirus (who has 50% ele res but only 25% chaos res) we will do approximately 12.5% less overall damage if we have a 4 socket triad grip that has only 3 white sockets than if we have a 3 or 4 socket grip that is all white.

Ok, that was a bit of a long winded explanation, but hopefully it makes sense.

-O
Dernière édition par Orion72, le 6 mai 2021 13:31:55

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires