[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
+ drop Shield Charge use Leap Slam for travel
+ drop Arcane Surge on switch - it no longer works
+ drop blood magic gem and culling strike gem use: Cyclone - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness - Fortify - LGoH - Add Accuracy, for 5l drop Add Accuracy and Discharge only in Mjolner

I made these cyclone changes, and I like them a lot.

Although the Arcane Surge trick no longer works, I had a CWDT/IC cluster which I swapped to a self-cast Molten Shell plus Arcane Surge. Gives a little extra damage, though MS costs so little mana that Arcane Surge has to stay low level.

I also have a CWDT cluster with Ice Spear to proc EO, and just threw Culling into that. Haven't really seen it work, but it should since EO is reliable.
Mjolner has always been one of my favorite builds, how's it working in the new league? Worth exploring?
livejamie
Do you think its worth to use 1 disch in mjolnier and second one in cyclone CWC?
Hum a Cast while Channelling with Blade Vortex in chest piece to improve charge generation like someone said before seems a good way to improve charges.

Also since now it's easier to get the 7.5APS and we dont need Bloodmagic i was thinking about using Scold's Bridle in this build, it provides a bit of DPS and also fires CWDT so we can have Immortal Call up plenty of time(+-2s up(20 Qality+Inc Duration) and +-2.5s CD(if we use a belt with 20% CDR) + time to trigger CWDT with Bridle dmg down) or maybe trigger some other stuff with CWDT(when IC is up Bridle dmg is blocked if IC used 5 charges might not work too well with other CWDT setups but Wave of Conviction+COH+Elemental Weakness might be a nice debuff for bosses), we lose some move speed regarding Devoto's Devotion but i think it's a good trade.
Bloodmagic on move skill so it wont trigger this.
What do you guys think?
TESTED
- Bridle is too weak to activate CWDT but it's a nice dmg buff :)
- Good news! Bridle triggers Jugg Unfliching like hell so Endurances for all!

Also we can trade 3 life nodes from the Constitution cluste for the 3 nodes of the Ash, fros and Storm cluster will give us some DPS and 12% all resist in change of some life but the build is so tanky... :D

The node above Instability node also give us a +4%spell power per Power charge, not a huge buff but it's something.

Last change in the jugg nodes trade Unstoppable with Unyielding and cover the stun resist with pantheon (yeah i know it's not the same...) we get some nice dmg buff from Endurance charges.

Im not 100% sure if the power and endurance charges buff i mention above applies to discharge but in my idea (might be wrong :P) the moment we activate the descharge the active charges before being consumed give us the buff, if im wrong please tell me :)

Btw thanks for this guide, this build is in my opinion super fun to play and i love it ;)
Dernière édition par Dalailume, le 12 juin 2019 11:40:01
So this was in the 3.7.1 patch notes which should be out sometime soon -

"Fixed a bug where Cyclone and Bladestorm could not gain more than one charge (such as via Power Charge on Crit Support) while channelling or per use respectively."

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2529430

I assume this would fix the power charge generation issues mentioned.
I really like the idea with scolds bridle for power charges. With a -mana mod on ring it's easy to bring cyclone down to 1-2 mana cost.
With a fixed cyclone, 10 charges of blade vortex and scolds, charge generation should be through the roof.
This let's us focus on survivability elsewhere:
We can easily get 3 points into the new fortify cluster in the marauder region, which is huge. (5% from all hits, 7 when stationary. And yes, spinning in place does count)
And the new soul of steel is also in range for 5 points, with a nice life cluster on the other side.
I will probably have to drop the aura nodes and zealotry to get the points for this and run 3 purities again, but with all the new charges and survivability options it should be worth it.

As long as we can keep around a million shaper DPS additional damage isn't worth much (was possible with zealotry, RF, and wave of conviction /elemental weakness, should be easier now with additional charges), and big physical hits with low endurance charges and immortal call down where the only real "weakness" of the Mjolnerer.
May be time to change that and mindlessly tank malachais or dominus' slams on damage mods as well. (and stop moving for Minotaur)

Edit:
On second thought, scolds bridle seems much less appealing.
We spent mana roughly once every 2 hits, and with a 30% chance we get a proc about once a second. That's 1 charge wit a chance for 7 after a cyclone hit, discharge hit and blade vortex hit accumulating to 3 with 2 chances for 7 charges already built in. I know blade vortex is off cycle, but it hits 8 times a second, so close to every discharge. The spell damage is nice, but movement speed is essential QOL, attack speed needed, and chaos resist still helpful. Still going for devotos. Also enchanted version will be much easier to get.
Dernière édition par Nephalon, le 14 juin 2019 06:49:56
I'm Trying out this build in 3.7 right now, so far it's doing great, but i'm on low tier maps, yet.
I actually had the same idea of Scold's Bridle, so i will be testing it out too.
My only issue so far has been resistances, but, i'm also not dying to almost anything but one shots (Died 6 times so far, only 1, since i got the gear for the build).

Will keep you guys updates if interested.
I'm curious if supported cwc BV will do more damage in cyclone, or if it'll be better to run unsupported BV for charges with a second discharge. Any play around with it yet?
https://pastebin.com/yxZCwZY2
Apologies if this is explained in one of the nearly 300 pages of replies I looked through the latest few and didn't see it...

Using the build and enjoying it so far, haven't gotten too far though. My question though is why the additional accuracy support? I can't figure out it's purpose unless accuracy takes a nose dive 80+ (honestly this is my first real melee character). Could someone fill me in why we'd use AA instead of culling or attack speed?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires