[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
RicoKGB a écrit :
"
Paunche31 a écrit :
any update for 3.7?

I dont know. I will test new cyclone ingame thats for sure. Update will depend on that. If it turns out to be working fine I'll update the guide. Cyclone as a channeling has allready one issue: power charge generation. Now it will grant only 1PC per entire channeling duration, which forces the player to use start/stop method while using this skill. No longer "hold button to win".

However its new attack speed, range and overall responsiveness might compensate for that.

From the wiki:

"...Similar to other skills, when the player initiates a channelled skill, the mana cost is used to start the ability. While the player continues to channel a skill by holding the corresponding trigger key, the mana cost of the skill must be paid relative to the attack/cast speed of the associated skill..."

Means our entire channeling duration will be based on our attack speed. So i do not think that will be a problem.
I really hope you're right ^^^
"
Ratedetar a écrit :
I really hope you're right ^^^

I've tested this with Incinerate, count frames. ^^
Dernière édition par mutiv, le 7 juin 2019 15:41:23
This being the only character I have that didn't get a full reset, thought I'd give it quick test.

Feels really nice now. Breaking out of cyclone for any other action is excellent.

With my slow version of the build, in game I see 5.95 hits per second for cyclone, versus 1.45 for discharge. Nonetheless it feels like it discharges more often now than before. Needs tuning, but PoB doesn't have the new skill data yet.

I watched charges in game and they seemed to be behaving well. Power charges were filling up pretty fast with a single cyclone press.

Looks very promising to me. Much more responsive and fun to play.

"
shrunn57 a écrit :
This being the only character I have that didn't get a full reset, thought I'd give it quick test.

Feels really nice now. Breaking out of cyclone for any other action is excellent.

With my slow version of the build, in game I see 5.95 hits per second for cyclone, versus 1.45 for discharge. Nonetheless it feels like it discharges more often now than before. Needs tuning, but PoB doesn't have the new skill data yet.

I watched charges in game and they seemed to be behaving well. Power charges were filling up pretty fast with a single cyclone press.

Looks very promising to me. Much more responsive and fun to play.

Before 3.7 cyclone aps threshold was 3.0 w/o cdr and with >14% cdr 3.75.

With 3.7 the thresholds are 6 aps and 7.5 aps.
Well i just tested in game with equip only romira.

Does not matter how many times you hit.
As long as i kept attacking, only "1" power charge generated with the initial hit of cyclone.
I just watched again in game with all gear (so Inyas as well as Romiras), and power charges were fluctuating between 0, 2 and 5 pretty evenly. Occasionally 1. Did not matter how long I did cyclones for.

What would I have seen in 3.6, and how do we need it to behave?

"
mutiv a écrit :

Yes, for 1 spell in Mjolner. This is because Cyclone no longer hits twice per APS.

After some gameplay my first impressions are as follows:

- less DPS because of less charges rolling
- Cyclone is slower in general
- Shield Charge no longer procs Mjolner :'(
- Arcane Surge on switch trick no longer works with immortal call

+ Cyclone has much more controll now, depending on cursor placement player can controll the direction AND speed of movemement
+ we can now cycle slowly around the boss or even cyclone in place aka on top of a boss just by holding the skill button
+ Leap Slam procs Mjolner and with Cyclone it is very responsive and fun to use now
+ Shield charge is also more responsive but other than just for travel it is no longer worth a gem slot imo
+ Jugg can now reach 100% accuracy vs evasive mobs without a problem (92-95% without additional accuracy gem)
+ Cyclone can be now supported entirely on mana, blood magic gem can be dropped

Those are basically a tradeoffs. I will perhaps test some other melee skills as a triggers in different builds. For now for those who want to stick with this build I recommend:

+ drop Shield Charge use Leap Slam for travel
+ drop Arcane Surge on switch - it no longer works
+ drop blood magic gem and culling strike gem use: Cyclone - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness - Fortify - LGoH - Add Accuracy, for 5l drop Add Accuracy and Discharge only in Mjolner
+ fort those who have white Kingsguard or 4 greeen 2 red - you may try Cyclone - Faster Attack - Culling Strike - Add Accuracy - LGoH - Fortify so you can aim for 9+ APS with Cyclone and 2 spells in Mjolner: Discharge - Wave of Conviction - Conc Eff

Heres how it performs in 3.7 with Discharge only:

T16 Forge of the Phoenix vid

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Dernière édition par RicoKGB, le 8 juin 2019 04:21:29
"
RicoKGB a écrit :
"
mutiv a écrit :

Yes, for 1 spell in Mjolner. This is because Cyclone no longer hits twice per APS.

+ Cyclone has much more controll now, depending on cursor placement player can controll the direction AND speed of movemement
+ we can now cycle slowly around the boss or even cyclone in place aka on top of a boss just by holding the skill button
+ Leap Slam procs Mjolner and with Cyclone it is very responsive and fun to use now
+ Shield charge is also more responsive but other than just for travel it is no longer worth a gem slot imo
+ Jugg can now reach 100% accuracy vs evasive mobs without a problem (92-95% without additional accuracy gem)

Those are basically a tradeoffs. I will perhaps test some other melee skills as a triggers in different builds. For now for those who want to stick with this build I recommend:

+ drop blood magic gem and culling strike gem use: Cyclone - Curse on Hit - Elemental Weakness - Fortify - LGoH - Add Accuracy, for 5l drop Add Accuracy and Discharge only in Mjolner
+ fort those who have white Kingsguard or 4 greeen 2 red - you may try Cyclone - Faster Attack - Culling Strike - Add Accuracy - LGoH - Fortify so you can aim for 9+ APS with Cyclone and 2 spells in Mjolner: Discharge - Wave of Conviction - Conc Eff

Well, I just facerolled Guardian of the Phoenix on a corrupted map without dying with -11 all res and not regen, even without trying to avoid his big smash, the new immortal call is a big big buff even at low lvl ^^, then I facerolled Guardian of the Minotaur with Crit, and don't even needed to avoid any hit.

The thing is to use Cyclone like it should be, to travel, it slows when you namelock a mob, so you just have to travel and it hits strong, no problem, always on full power/endu charge

I might even try to remove undeniable to put unyelding, and accuracy instead of my faster attacks to see if the 3,74 bp is still as good, and then it could be a big buff (56 inc damage and 42 inc area...) and still hitting at more than 90%

/e: the reald disapointment is that in standard when you do tier 16 map is doesn't perform anymore the objective mission of the previous map...
Dernière édition par neblus, le 8 juin 2019 04:55:41
"
RicoKGB a écrit :
"
mutiv a écrit :

I think that charges not rolling is a straight up bug. I mean it works every hit with other channeling skills but cyclone? C'mon GGG.

Yeah rip arcane surge.
100% hit chance is sure feels good. 7.3 aps cyclone. <3
Cyclone control will need a bit getting used to.

I use 6L: 3G 1R 2B
Cyclone + Additional Accuracy + Fortify + CWC + Blade Vortex + Inc. AoE
and identify myself as an apache helicopter. ^^
Dernière édition par mutiv, le 8 juin 2019 07:44:18

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires