[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

Superty Achnod, that post cleared up alot of confusion!

I found my cyclone aps... 2.88, guess theres alot of room for improvement!

Really good pointers on gear, will definately start looking at upgrading different pieces.

again very informative post Achnod, cleared up alot of thing, I hope other people who come here looking for answers will find it!

Hi again,

I saw that you just made your characters public so I took a peek and I am going to suggest some changes

1) Some of your gems are lvl 20 but dont have quality on it : cyclone and Life gain on hit for example.

Do you know that you can sell a lvl 20 gem and a gcp to a vendor and you will get a lvl 1 gem with 20% quality in return? Both of those gems would greatly benifit from that (cyclone get more area of effect and life gain on hit more life gain on hit).

2) I'd buy a lvl 1 additional accuracy gem with 20% quality ASAP since after a few levels it will give you more then the lvl 19 you have right now

OR

I'd drop additional accuracy for a faster attack gem (or culling strike with quality if you want to follow the guide because culling strike gem with quality gives attack speed). It would free up some of your jewels slots and a few skillpoint in the three. While it's true that accuracy is important, getting your attack speed in the right range should be your priority.

3) your pure talent jewel is not really usefull, you only get the bonus from the marauder starting point and that will only increase the range of your cyclone, not discharge.

4) an other quick way to gain attack speed would be to get the increased attack speed enchant on your boots.

5) you are missing a lot of elemental damage on the left size of the three near intuitive leap. This would boost your dps by a lot. The reason why we usually get that socket with int is to help with the stats requirement of the build.

6) You really should read the part of the guide about using a pledge of hands and arcane surge in your offhand, it will greatly help you deal more dps during boss fights.

Lastly, if you aren't already using it, try downloading a software called "path of building" and import your character in it. You will be able to see how much of an impact changing gear/gems/skill points will do. It will help you plan your stats, resists, APS, etc (just make sure to select cyclon). It should help you out a lot. Just don't mind the discharge damage in it, I never got it to work properly.
heres a bit of a different take on this build so anyone wanted to ramp up dps might take a few ideas from it ,, or maybe give me some tips who knows :)

i get some insane numbers at time , things die very quickly

awesome build done about everything in the game , dps was a issue so i ramped it up a bit and hell i like attack speed :)

ive i had the time i could get this character to lv 100 easy

"
Shaghar a écrit :
heres a bit of a different take on this build so anyone wanted to ramp up dps might take a few ideas from it ,, or maybe give me some tips who knows :)

i get some insane numbers at time , things die very quickly

awesome build done about everything in the game , dps was a issue so i ramped it up a bit and hell i like attack speed :)

ive i had the time i could get this character to lv 100 easy

I really don't understand why people do this. You barely follow the guide and then say the dps is an issue or lackluster.

Did you even read the build mechanic?

"

This build also uses:

Elemental Equilibrium
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements

Having Cyclone as it basic attack (as cyclone hits fast and doesnt add elemental dmg on its own) with some source of cold dmg to attacks from gear (from ring for example) makes this work. Basically every Discharge is triggered immedietely after Cyclone hits, so in short every Discharge hits enemies, that has had theyr fire and lightning resistances allready reduced by 50%, meaning Discharge is doing more than its full dmg as most mobs and bosses has 30-40% ele resistances.

You have no source of cold damage anywhere but still use the keystone. You are gimping yourself and missing about 50% of your dps just because of that.

Most of your jewels have %increased physical damage which is totally and 100% useless in this build. Cyclone isn't used for damage but only to trigger discharge. What you want is spell damage, spell damage while holding shield, area damage, etc. You want to boost your discharge damage, not cyclone.

Your Added lightning damage gem is totally wasted as it doesn't do anything worthwile, again, cyclone isn't your source of damage, discharge is. If you must use a blue gem in the 6 link, i'd be better to use Increased AoE so that your cyclone has a bigger hit range and therefore it will be easier to hit enemies.

You lvl 21/20 cyclone isn't that usefull either, only the quality on the gem matter (increased area of effect).

Lastly, since discharge is your main source of damage, you want to make sure that it procs as often as possible. This will depends on many things : the internal cooldown of the skill, the number of time you attack with cyclone and how often the server makes the calculations (which cause some delay).

All this means is that at some point, having to much attack speed will not be worth it. If you don't have any Cooldown reduction on your belt (which you dont) then any attack speed that boost your cyclone attack per second over 3 is wasted. If you have 14-15% cooldown reduction on your belt (which is the setup where you will get the most dps) than any attack speed that boost your cyclone over 3.75 attack per second is again useless.

You might love attack speed, but in this case, have to much of it offer no real benefits to your dps, heck it is detrimental to your dps because focusing on attack speed means you aren't focussing on other part of your dps.
excellent !! thanks for the tips

whats better spell damage or area damage on Jewels ?

if you get a chance have a look at my character now and see if you think im on the right track ,, cheers
Dernière édition par Shaghar, le 3 mai 2019 01:32:12
"
Achnod a écrit :
Hi again,

I saw that you just made your characters public so I took a peek and I am going to suggest some changes

1) Some of your gems are lvl 20 but dont have quality on it : cyclone and Life gain on hit for example.

Do you know that you can sell a lvl 20 gem and a gcp to a vendor and you will get a lvl 1 gem with 20% quality in return? Both of those gems would greatly benifit from that (cyclone get more area of effect and life gain on hit more life gain on hit).

2) I'd buy a lvl 1 additional accuracy gem with 20% quality ASAP since after a few levels it will give you more then the lvl 19 you have right now

OR

I'd drop additional accuracy for a faster attack gem (or culling strike with quality if you want to follow the guide because culling strike gem with quality gives attack speed). It would free up some of your jewels slots and a few skillpoint in the three. While it's true that accuracy is important, getting your attack speed in the right range should be your priority.

3) your pure talent jewel is not really usefull, you only get the bonus from the marauder starting point and that will only increase the range of your cyclone, not discharge.

4) an other quick way to gain attack speed would be to get the increased attack speed enchant on your boots.

5) you are missing a lot of elemental damage on the left size of the three near intuitive leap. This would boost your dps by a lot. The reason why we usually get that socket with int is to help with the stats requirement of the build.

6) You really should read the part of the guide about using a pledge of hands and arcane surge in your offhand, it will greatly help you deal more dps during boss fights.

Lastly, if you aren't already using it, try downloading a software called "path of building" and import your character in it. You will be able to see how much of an impact changing gear/gems/skill points will do. It will help you plan your stats, resists, APS, etc (just make sure to select cyclon). It should help you out a lot. Just don't mind the discharge damage in it, I never got it to work properly.

Ty again for valuable tips! I feel like I have a better understanding of how to build this due to your tips

1: I didnt realize that gemlvl and quality made such a difference, ive started upgrading now, tried to get 21/20 dis but few for sale on synthesis, settled for 20/20. Also upgraded the cyclone and ll as you said, now leveling with 20% qual.

2: Dropped additional accuracy and currently running a lvl 18 or 19 (cant remember) faster attacks that gets me to exactly 3.72 cyclone aps during juggernaut as trigger. Seems like a good Idea to eventually get a 21/20 faster attacks and strip away as on jewels and instead go for spell dmg jewels i guess?

3: ditched that one haha, didnt realize.
4: I know nothing about crafting or enchanting, I will have to look into this!
5: Starting swapping out pure AS talents I had after my AS gem fixed my cyclone aps, currently going for the 10% elemental dmg nodes, guess thats the right move.
6: Ive stayed away from that part, partially cause im leveling gems for money in my secondary slot, it seems cheap however so I think thats really whats in the pipeline.

Overall dmg feels pretty stable however I get the feeling that cyclone + discharge is sometimes "working as intended" and sometimes get stuck in the loop where discharge triggers gets missed, this is even though i keep checking cylone as in combat and find that its consistently 3.72, perhaps it can be affected by server ms? or missing too much messes it up?

Again, ty for explaining everything!
Quality is very important on some gems. It's really usefull to look at the wiki page to know what the quality of a gem does. For example, discharge will get increased area of effect when you have quality on it.

It's ok to only use a 20/20 discharge until all your build is done and working properly. Once you have all the basics and thinking about upgrades, buying a 21/20 will give you a roughly 8-9% increased damage.

You could also lvl a gem to 20, then do the vendor recipe and start leveling it again from lvl 1 but with 20%. Takes a bit more time but its cheaper. Once it reaches lvl 20 again, you can try to vaal it for a lvl 21. IF you are not using the offhand arcane surge combo, you could also lvl up 6 discharge in your offhand and vaal them once they are 20/20. One out of six should at least turn 21.

There really isnt any need to get s 21/20 faster attack (cost a lot of money). If you decid to use faster attack in your final setup, it is very likely that a 20/20 will give you to much attack speed. For example, I am using a 20/13 gem. IF you are going to use culling strike instead of faster attack, you will need to have it at 20/20 and need some attack speed on your jewels. Culling strike has the added bonus of killing anything once they reach 10% or less hp (bosses included) which is a very good DPS boost againsts bosses. I did not use it because I am not of fan of that.

Regarding enchanting. You know how when you do the labyrinthe, you can use the divine font to enchant some gear? There is a boot enchant called "16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently" that you can get from uber lab (and this build is an amaizing uberlab farmer). It's a good way to boost your attack speed. I don't like it to much because it only works if you have killed something in the last 4 seconds (In Poe, recently = last 4 seconds). I went with the "Damage Penetrates 10% of Enemy Elemental Resistances if you haven't Killed Recently" which is a very good dps boost for bosses. However, it is very rare and you might need to do the lab a couple (100) of time to get it (lab is a good source of money thought).

If you want to use the offhand to level gem, go ahead. I'd suggest however to gt a 5l pledge of hand, put all the right gem in there (most of them don't need quality) and bring it with you when you do harder bosses. You can then equip it, cast immortal call and fight the first 30 or 40 seconds of the fight with the buff. You dont really get that much exp for gems from bosses anyways.

Without additional accuracy, your chances to hit went from 95% to 91%. It's not that big of a deal, but it could cause discharge to not always trigger even with the best APS/cooldown set up. Please not that we also have blade vortex and vengeance that could soemthing trigger the skill and mess up the calculations.

Again, good luck
"
Shaghar a écrit :
excellent !! thanks for the tips

whats better spell damage or area damage on Jewels ?

if you get a chance have a look at my character now and see if you think im on the right track ,, cheers

yes, you are on the right.

I'd change your shield for one with better rolls. You have the minimum increased spell damage.
Thanks Achnod , ill start hunting around

i thought the build was good before , wow how good is it now !!

ive been out of the game a long time so its taken me a while to get back into it but you have helped alot , thanks
Hey, I just noticed that your current shield is a legacy version. You might want to hold on to it. I personally would rather keep the +5 max resist than to switch to a 30 spell damage.

I also did not answer your question regarding spell damage and area damage and to be honest it's because I don't know if anyone is better than the other.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires