[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] Back in time! PoB cleaned up

"
luca4k a écrit :
hey. got an ashes, now the spreadsheet is confusing me. I should have lvl 13 phantasmal desecrate with 20%. but does this take in consideration if you have +1 all gems on sceptre? or ashes itself? so do I need a lvl 12 static or lvl 13 static +1 ashes.
im guessing lvl 12 +1 but im not sure :D

also, do you have any other advice for me? I have an elegant hubris to swap with glorious vanity. 2 slums and a 37% chaos res node close by. I'm not sure where to put determination now that I have ashes. worried I will be too squishy, because with this current setup I dont die in delve/t16 maps which is nice for leveling.

Same advice as the person above you - upgrade flasks, get small cluster jewels with mana reservation for auras you use, cap block (maybe use Rumis). Use second unset ring, and get Awakened brutality (not a high priority)

lvl 13 or 14 is the same so you could say it takes + levels in consideration. And sceptre is not 'all gems' its 'all spell gems'. Static strike is not a spell.
Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 30 avr. 2023 18:14:09
All content is done, and that means its time for some upgrades. ( I know, kinda backwards, right?)

Current gear:
Spoiler

Current PoB: https://pobb.in/dUjKs0LaeKJ_
17 mill in clear
41 mill in single target
200k EHP

Future plans:
1) Max out gear
2) Optimize build for sim farming
4) Go backwards and optimize build for early game considring Skin of the Lords no longer exists.
5) Make Uber bosses deletion videos
6) ???
7) Profit

Also fuck this two in particular
Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 1 mai 2023 10:12:36
"
Fire_Archer a écrit :

Gratz with full armour set! I will farm for Challanges later, want this set to.

In Delve (300+ depth) farm all bosses and cities with Holy Relics very strong, Aul deal no damage.
Hi all!
Can someone please watch and improve something in my gear and build please?
https://pobb.in/kpPvTtNix9Pk
Dernière édition par Psenzer1, le 2 mai 2023 13:18:52
"
Psenzer1 a écrit :
Hi all!
Can someone please watch and improve something in my gear and build please?
https://pobb.in/kpPvTtNix9Pk

I hardly can help with anything other then 'follow the guide' advice. What you are doing is not by the guide at all. Cruelty doesn't support Minion skills. Controlled Destruction sets your crit to 0, so all the crit passives and buffs are not working. You have clusters that support skills that you don't even have. You don't have a curse. You don't have damage aura. Your items are okay-ish, would get tabula +1 tho.

Start from reading up main page gems and gear and go from there. Or use PoB from the main page.
Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 2 mai 2023 14:53:51
I have vixen's enntrapment for two curses (with my AG, mean uniq boots, i can apply two curses). About CDS - thank you, didn't noticed it. :(
Thank very much! And another one question, what should i do with elegant hubris? Just keep roll, untill i will get the one that i need?
Can i get rid of reckoning? i would like to equip ring without socket
"
Psenzer1 a écrit :
I have vixen's enntrapment for two curses (with my AG, mean uniq boots, i can apply two curses). About CDS - thank you, didn't noticed it. :(
Thank very much! And another one question, what should i do with elegant hubris? Just keep roll, untill i will get the one that i need?

That still doesn't work. If you have limit of two curses and your AG has limit of two curses, that's still only two curses. And by "you have no curse" I mean that you, as a player, have no curse gem. Like punishment. Or Assassin's mark.

Cruelty support still does not support minion skills btw. Its grants nothing. It was changed in recent patches.

As for Hubris - you need to get one with specific number - use "find timless jewel" feature in PoB. Google how to use the feature.

"
RavenPL230 a écrit :
Can i get rid of reckoning? i would like to equip ring without socket

Well you already have your answer by trying it out - you can, but Reckoning is a gem that is swapped to Assassin's mark when you change gloves for boss killers. If you never do that - sure. Note that if you want to save gem slots - feeding frenzy and chaos golem are two things you can cut away from the build without too much loss
reserved for the future post

Spoiler

Spoiler

Alright guys buckle up for lots of reading because its Back in Time post!

But before we even go back in time, we should go forward in time first.

Adjustments and experiments done to the build

1) Determination Aura.
Spoiler
Added Determination as a third aura. This solves a lot of problems the build had both in early and late game stages of the game, as well as unlocks usage of Aegis Aurora as prime defensive tool. But even without Aegis this feels like a great addition to the build

2) New uber endgame chest.
Spoiler
+1/+2 Dialla’s with 2R4B sockets. For maximum damage. Honestly – not really worth the effort of getting it. It doesn’t even feel like it adds 30% more damage in uber fights. So more of a PoB warrior thing. Still. 60 mill dps is a nice number to have in PoB. It also makes you much squishier in regular content, so I would not wear it all the time.

3) Aegis Aurora.
Spoiler
While taxing on damage, using this shield make the most comfy playstyle of all the configurations. Its simply NICE to ignore everything. Its nice to not be bothered by enemies when channeling crucible, its nice to stand in the middle of volatiles and be healed by them. Its nice to do sim 30 deathless.

4) Small tweaks on the passive skill tree
Spoiler
Adjusted cluster jewels and some passives to fit in mana reserve and synergy for Aegis Aurora (thanks Murmuüre for the tip on Arcane Guarding). Masteries are moved around too. Apparently “Minions attacks overwhelm 20% physical damage reduction” finally properly reflected in PoB and doesn’t do anything for hits with spells. Passive point moved to Life Mastery – “skills costs life instead of 30% mana” for smooth offering procs.

5) Flesh offering/Shield Charge
Spoiler
Flash offering replaces Spirit offering in more of a map oriented setup. At high level of gear, it is fairy reasonable to trade some damage for 15% move and attack speed. It feels alright. Not mind blowing, but certainly helps moving around when everything is dead.

Twice as effective on a Shield Charge setup – making Shield Charge+Faster attacks a VERY viable option. If you don’t like flicker – this should be your go-to. I still find flicker more handy – as it magnetizes your character to spread out distant enemies and doesn’t make you stuck on the terrain, but Shield Charge is very good for the moments when everything is dead and you need to backtrack a bit. There are a lot of such moments actually – going to harvest/any other league mechanic - after using all altars, collecting loot after delirium mirror rush, rushing to boss, etc.

6) Defensive setups (spoiler – all bad)
Spoiler
Both Chaos Golem and Feeding Frenzy are not particularly amazing and can be replaced at any point. Things I experimented with:

Vaal Arctic Armor – pretty bad – namely because of the extra duration Necromancer has. It locks you in place for SO LONG, there 100% will be some sort of degen ground thrown under you and it will kill you before you will unfreeze. Blocked hits also do not count as being hit for Vaal Arctic Armor, so you WILL be sitting there for a full duration+ extra duration. Hard pass for me.

Vaal Rejuvenation Totem - this one is more interesting, but has massive any synergy with the Holy relic build. It absorbs damage from your minions. And instantly dies. Given that your minions do not benefit from that (as they are effectively immortal), you get no value from totem. It cannot protect you in that 0.1 second of its life.

Level 1 Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal call.
Two gem slots for very little value. It does work as you want it, it benefits from constant endurance charge generation from Enduring Composure. But the value is too low. 30% of your little life pool is only about 1500 damage shield. Compared to 2200 Bone Barrier shield you get for free – its not worth it.

TL;DR
Added Determination, Aegis Aurora, and 50 divines Dialla(defiantly not worth it) to the build.
Final build for the league:
https://pobb.in/GOQu_vQT3A1x
62mill single target
15 mill clear

Uber Eater
Uber Clown
100% Quant Feared
Uber Maven (skipping game)

Back in time

For those of you who is not familiar – Back in Time post – is where I try and regress the build, removing hard to get items one by one till the build becomes too weak/annoying to play.

This league test conditions:

T16 maps Delirium mirror + Harvest – testing if able to do maps fast with low damage.

Kirac mission Elder/Shaper guardians + Elderslayers – testing if able to complete randomly rolled guardian maps favored map slots.

No Animate Guardian allowed – simply because I can’t afford to replace its end game gear. Bob gonna chill and watch for now.

Skin of the Lords must be removed – because you can no longer get it early game.

Items successfully removed:
Spoiler

Items/Build I ended up with that makes things doable:
Spoiler
PoB level 82 necro - https://pobb.in/0GvVhrIKIVUP
Gear
Spoiler

Test results
Spoiler
If anything the test shown is that combination of Asenath+ Spiritual Aid + Elegant Hubris is completely busted. Even with low level Holy Relic and bad single target damage you can comfortably explode packs of enemies.

Elegant Hubris with 2-3 Slum Lords didn’t seem to be hard to get this league. It’s a fairy common jewel and 2 nodes are fairly common too.

Determination helps to stay alive without Skin of the Lords big time.

Single target (guardian tests) can also be ‘fixed’ with usage of Vixens and swapping from AOE support to Meat Shield. So if it really feels like damage is lacking – can just reduce AoE

Build still feels a bit squishy, although a lot less squishy than before. This also can be fixed with Aegis Aurora – making you pretty much instantly immortal. However, Aegis is not something you can easily get on leaguestart, so I avoided it for the tests. But yes – getting it with Determination + Armor flasks just solves 99% of deaths issues.

Itemization priority and progress
Spoiler

The test shows that most important things you should get are in order
Level 21/20 Holy Relic/Level 20/20-23 Divergent Holy Relic
Tabula Rasa with +1 to level of socketed gems
Asenath Gentle Touch
Empower 3
Elegant Hubris with 2 or 3 Slum Lords
Aegis Aurora
Awakened gems
Skin of the Lords
Forbidden Jewels
Empower 4
Ashes of the Stars

Of course, all of those can be shifted around depending on price.

Now its time for a bit of a rant

League conclusions
Spoiler

So… me personal feeling of playing this build this league is – I’m not satisfied. I think the last nail in the coffin of my confidence about the build – is a recent Palsteron video. I recommend everyone look at it. I agree with pretty much everything what he said, and this just raises a question – why would you play this build? Its an all-rounder. It doesn’t do anything particularly well.

Its been eating nerf after nerf after nerf last several leagues, this time around – Skin of the Loyal was pretty much removed from the early game progression.
The build was getting more and more squish, getting less and less damage, and getting nearly 0 tools to compensate for it.

And even after dumping divines on top of divines into it – the end result is easily dwarfed by meta builds that just do things better. Sure – you won’t be able to EVERYTHING but doing something well - is arguably better.

You can clear maps, pretty fast. But bow builds will do it faster. You can do most ubers. Maybe even deathless. But totem build will just oneshot those in split second. You can do sim 30 – but you will only get 5 rewards. You can’t really include MF gear. You can’t do legion well. You can do blights, but you can’t go afk in it like golem builds. Etc etc.

So I’m a bit of depressed at what this build ended up as. Of what the game ended up as.

But to end the rant on a high note, I must say – its still pretty fun to push to ubers. Its still pretty chill to just blast map after maps with delirium and little care to altars. The build made me tons of money too over the course of league – so I could try different dumb things trying to improve it.

So there is it. That would be the end of my posts on this league. Nothing else to improve. Nothing much to try. For the future – I still need to make sim 30 video. Maybe some other uber bosses if I bother getting keys. I’d love to try out deep delve – but I hate delve in general, but with a lack of something better to do – maybe.

Hope I don’t discourage anyone from trying the build out too much. Its still a fun off-meta playstyle and its still relatively strong.

And I hope people who did end up trying it having some fun with it.

As usual – I’m looking for any and all of your feedback. Any tips on how to improve the guide is welcome. If you have or wish to record videos of your own – as you map clear or bossing or w/e – feel free to toss them to me – I might include them to the front page into videos. Or if you just want to share – how you felt playing this (and some of you already did – I am grateful for that) – feel free to just throw in a comment.

And also - if you read thus far - here is a vote pool for you.
Since build is getting worse and worse league after league - should I spread this build to bigger masses?
Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 4 mai 2023 03:55:44

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires