[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] Back in time! PoB cleaned up

Experimenting a bit with Profane Bloom and Shield Charge.

Profane Bloom feels a bit weak, since there is no Chaos Damage scaling in our build. So I had to improve it by getting Despair Curse on top of Vlunerability (that is still needed for phys explosions)

It adds a tiny bit more AOE. Its kinda nice. Something to think about if you wanna map a lot.

Shield Charge on other hand - makes you feel like you are going really fast, but in reality, I didn't notice that I clear maps any faster than with flicker. So I'd say its more of a matter of preference than anything.

Amazing for looting the map after clearing it up tho. Prolly would use it more if doing open layouts or linera maps.
This build is great and has top popularity in necro builds here on forum. Dunno why u shouldn't spread that build to wider audience. If build is viable for all content it may be called successful. No need to compare to other builds in specific type of content.

I really like that u keep improving build and listen others.

I think u forgot about awakened increased aoe, which gives some dmg boost.

Aegis aurora shield is amazing defensive-wise and that should be noted to main post I guess. Same to trigger setup with flesh offering.

I have mentioned that before - why not to use spectres and ag with alter quality for life% instead of speed%? That extra 40% max life makes u less chance to give heart attack :D

In main post u said that we need 4 sec veiled trigger mod instead of 8, is it still valid? I see most ppl here just multi craft with hits cant be evaded.
"
pritus90 a écrit :

I really like that u keep improving build and listen others.

Mmmyesss 'listen'. Yes. That's what I do. Totally not stealing their ideas. Mhm.

"
pritus90 a écrit :

I think u forgot about awakened increased aoe, which gives some dmg boost.

PoB say (and I think its true) that novas are not affected by [Area Damage] increases and reductions. Because relics don't have AoE tag.

"
pritus90 a écrit :

Same to trigger setup with flesh offering.

Still not sure how to do that, its a niche setup that is not gonna be used 100% of the time.

"
pritus90 a écrit :

I have mentioned that before - why not to use spectres and ag with alter quality for life% instead of speed%? That extra 40% max life makes u less chance to give heart attack :D

I don't feel like that is needed. Their HP doesn't go down to anything I'm aware of on a normal quality. Same reason why I don't have alt qual Tempest shield for more block. You could do that, but why would you need to go over 75%.

(That being said I did lost my AG today in 2 seconds in content no one should even know about. Even alt quality would not have saved him anyway.)

"
pritus90 a écrit :

In main post u said that we need 4 sec veiled trigger mod instead of 8, is it still valid? I see most ppl here just multi craft with hits cant be evaded.

It is very much needed but very costly to get. With 4 seconds you get 100% uptime on second offering as well as other slight benefits such as:

100% uptime of 'used minion skill recently' for anything from jewel buffs to Plaguebringer (if you ever decide to get one)
Smoother dealing with 'increased cooldown recovery rare' map/altar mods

To put it in prespective Spirit offering give 40% more damage in end game setup. But only active 6 out of 8 seconds if trigger has 8 second cooldown.

So getting to 4 second cooldown is 25% more uptime = 10% more dps.
Somehow I'm still not burned out from playing so here is a little update on what I've been experimenting with

So I've been trying to chisel out the build for mapping and to do that, I was trying to tap into forbidden power of chain explosions. Since Spiritual Aid gives up massive bonus in generic damage I figured - maybe I too can be like those Blade Vortexes or Winer Orbs just blowing up 2 screens ahead.

Tl;DR - I failed to find a good way to do it, but found some interesting things nonetheless.

1) Herald of ice
Spoiler

Herald of Ice as several issues – its extra mana reserve, it requires high dex and you need to shatter enemies.

To shatter enemies I was using Call of the Void ring. Combined with Asenath explosions I were able to trigger Herald of Ice explosion.

But because its elemental damage it was not too effective. Discarded that idea entirely.

Why is this interesting? Because if the build had more elemental scailing – for example if we had minion damage fully converted to cold and had bunch of –cold res debuffs to go with it – this might be actually a viable thing.

2) Corrupting Fever
Spoiler
This is an interesting one. The concept behind using it was – proliferate the DoT with Asenath explosion and apply a lot of CB stacks with fast hitting Static Strike chains and Tempest Shield chains.
Since the damage it does is physical – it should benefit greatly from all our physical debuffs and curses.

I did two tests – level 21 CF with no supports and 18 CF in a Hungry Loop setup on a 5 link.

Two issues with it – too high of a life cost and no ability to refresh the buff.

It actually worked as expected, but the damage it did was too low to bother with it.

Which is weird because in PoB the damage on one stack (that is proliferated by Asenath) were doing about as much (if not more) damage than Asenath explosion. I guess the issue was that it is non-instant damage and thus it takes some time to get full value of it.

And while I discarded usage of CF from the end game build, I will most defiantly use it in the early stages of the game. The skill damage on a level 18 unsupported CF is more than Asenath in white yellow maps. It’s a great skill to have before you get them gloves. Relic regen covers the cost, easy 10 stacks on early bosses with static strike ticks. Should be pretty good.

3) Inspired Learning
Spoiler
Decided to give old friend a try. It didn’t work out as good as I wanted to.
My farm strategy right now faces a lot of rare mobs, but even so, the benefits IL currently provides are barely noticeable. It seem that enemies are currently more on the offensive side (thus people complain about mobs being strong)

We do not benefit from all the extra damage since we don’t do damage ourselves. As for defense – I barely felt a difference.

Its still does SOMETHING and you might give it a try yourself to make a better judgement – but I would say not worth.

4) Profane Bloom
Spoiler
Its alright. Not amazing. But alright. Keeping it for mapping for sure.

Judged by PoB it pushes explode damage from 30% damage done to enemies on explode (meaning to kill 1 enemy you need to kill 3 enemies close to it), to 130% damage.

I honestly don’t feel THAT much of a difference, but there is certainly a difference and a decent one. If all you do is map, and you haven’t died in a while and you have money to burn – give it a go.

I use despair on hit as my second curse on hit, but you don’t need that. It doesn’t add much damage to the chaos explosion, and any curse reflect monster will screw you over by it.

5) Magic find
Spoiler
The pinnacle of any build. If its strong enough to handle – why not infuse some magic find in it.

To keep it short – I had no problem taking out a support gem and use increased item rarity support, effectively turning my relic into 4 link. Yeah, slightly slower on fat bosses and rares, but not too noticeable.

Rings replaced by Ventors Gamble with some resists – just because I can. Removed Reckoning and Punishment. It’s a bit awkward if I would want to swap for bossing – but I’m having fun farming maps and prolly not gonna boss this league anyway.

Is it worth it? Prolly not. Does it slow you down? Absolutely. Can I recommend doing that? Not really. Why I do that? Placebo effect of getting more loot.
For testing different stuff, I recommend gloves Null and Void

Very nice for maps, you move fast on 1000 Rampage (50% increased movement speed), and also have some good effects from Rampage tiers for faster clear speed.

Currently I use these gloves on maps with 21 lvl item rarity gem. Maybe try Ventors Gamble, but good rings cost a lot.
Reserved for a future post
Spoiler
So recently my YouTube feed was full of random 1 divine challenges. And I felt like playing a bit of PoE while we wait for the next league.
Thus decided to do 1 divine challenge myself.

It was a tight fit really, and mostly because aura cluster jewels at this point in league cost a whole bunch.
I’d say the challenge borderline ‘failed’ and the build would be much much much better on 2 divs than in 1.

With that away – list of items
Spoiler
Weapon

Spoiler

Costed 3 c for the trigger craft. Just a Karui Scepter I bought from vendor and put a fear essence on it.

Body armor

Spoiler

Tabula rasa with +1 gems. Costed me 40c to buy but you might get it for 30 with some luck.

Empower support

Spoiler

Normally this kind of challenges do not include gem costs for some reason. But Empower is a costly gem so here we go – 20 c

Gloves

Spoiler

Asenath with Vulnerability. 20c. Pure ones cost 15c and getting 20% more damage at cost of 5 c is amazing.

Boots

Spoiler

5c for random boots with resist and move speed. Technically the full value would be a lot higher since hitting ‘Brittle ground’ implicit would require you to use a lot of exotic currency. But I didn’t include that into a value because at this point in league my stash is flooded with red and blue orbs.

Misc

Spoiler

Random rings I picked up from the ground, 1-2c uniques as well animate guardian uniques total about 15c in value

Jewels

Spoiler
84 c total value in jewels.

3x 50 % efficiency jewels. 20c each.

Elegant Hubris with 2x Slum Lords. 20c

4c for big minion cluster with life steal. To keep minions alive, but more importantly for 2x jewel slots. To be able to fit aura clusters in.

Results:
Maze of Mino clear.
The single target damage leave a lot to be desired. 1.8M DPS

The clear is decent.

The survivability is nice. 150k EHP

The cost is a bit too high.
Total sum of expenses – 187 c. However this types of challenges doesn’t typically include the cost of gems. This could easily go over 200c with gems counted.
Getting extra 140~c on top of it for better amulet and Aegis of Aurora would put the build into a very comfy spot.

So here is that. If anyone wanna assemble this build and try it out for cheap – here is your instruction.

PoB of the '1 div' build https://pobb.in/QyQK7DbX2U9L
Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 9 juil. 2023 08:26:43
I actually tested that and it does a very decent job for such a low-money/leaguestart-worthy setup, awesome as always man!
Hello, i asked some thing on private because i didn't think of doing them here so i'll post my questions and the answers i got, maybe there is someone pretty new like me here.

- *i asked for help with getting my defences better as i was dying sometimes and felt like im doing something wrong*

- "1) You are using DPS shield, while guide suggest you to use Aegis Aurora. Just switching to Aegis you will already feel much much better. As for DPS - read below.

2) The build was recently updated with the use of Determination. I see you catched up on that too, however, you are still using Imbalanced Guard on your body - it fully negates effect of armor you get from determination. You need to get rid of that keystone at some point. That is not gonna be easy.

3) Your block is not capped - band aid solution - use Rumi instead of your Granite flask. Activate when hitting rare or unique, or when full. Try to cap your block with passives on a tree tho. The ones that are near your top cluster jewel. Use minion damage for points.

4) Your mana looks okay, but I would still take Life Matery 'Skills cost Life instead of 30% mana cost' just in case your bone offering falls off and doesnt trigger. On the Purity of Flesh wheel. Instead of Minion mastery 'minion attacks overwhelm 20% phys reduction' - that one no longer works.

5) You are missing Lethe Shade in your build. You can get it on a dagger Crucible passive tree or on the Skin. Helps a lot with random degens.

6) Your rings are pretty low on life rolls, I'd look to upgrade that. Your boots don't even have life or armor on them, but that is understandable at least. Still I'd look to upgrade that too at some point. If you gonna do that - there is no shame in dropping chaos resist. I don't have mine capped this league. Just keep it at 40-50 its fine.

Basically get aegis and block passives on a tree - that will more than double your EHP. Aim to get new skin and Lethe Shade on dagger or skin. Cap block.

DPS
Your is a bit low that feeds into the problem with your survivability.

1) First things first - your Static Strike setup is wrong - read FaQ for a spreadsheet. Missing a lot of DPS from that.

2) You boots missing Brittle Ground. This is huuuuuge DPS boost. Use them red orbs on the boots till you get it.

3) Get Asenath with vulnerability on hit. Will smooth out the clear and DPS in maps a lot.

4) On a passive tree you need Crit Multi nodes for minions. Not crit chance. Huge difference."

- 1. Changed the shield, armor/es roll isn't the best but should be fine.
2. I'll change the skin of the lords and get vulnerability on asenath's when i'll get them on the market, these are not available at the moment im checking. Should i get lethe shade on armor or impaler as You have in your pob and then lethe shade on dagger?
3. Added the block notes on passive, block is capped/close to capped.
4. I'll get better crings but i think armor and gloves are more important now, ill focus on them.
5. The problem i don't have life on boots is because i needed dexterity for items so it was pretty hard to get them with all these mods.
6. I changed the nodes for multi, did brittle on boots.

My damage in PoB still looks bad. Skins, rings, lethe shede these are all defensive changes. Could You give me more advice in offence?

- "1) Shield rolls do not matter too much, all you care about is ES recovery on hit. You could have gone with corrupted shield for cheap, but since you got regular one - you can further boost its power with Crucible nodes I guess.
2) There is a bunch of those online, you rpolly not using search correctly. Here is a link https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Crucible/b5OzHL
Finding new Skin could take a while and I would not set it as priority. That being said - guide contains the value of Keystones in the Gear/End Game Gear and Crafting Tips/Body armor. You can look up the keystones you might want. Or don't want.
3) You can cap block even without Rumi if you swap block node near Sanctuary to attack block node. Then you can get your granite flask back, although I would suggest Basalt flask instead. Gives more armor.
5) You need dexterity on the boots because you decided to use high dexterity dagger intead of using Specter like guide suggests. This is why we don't do that. You can grab Experience node on the passive tree to fix your Dex need so you could upgrade your gear, if you ever gonna do that. From the looks of it, just having Aegis Aurora sould cover all your needs.

Nodes leading to Gravepact and Gravepact itself are not worth taking. Not over the 80% from your Hubris. Save those for later when you have more points and take Slum Lords instead.

You also have no need in spell block nodes near Arcane Guarding - go through the top - save yourself some points and get more value from ES from a shield.

You should be good on damage with static and brittle change. Your DPS looks really good - you have 10 mills in a clear set up. PoB will not normally show you that - you would need to set it up. So just use my guide PoB and upload your character on top of it. It has all the settings you need.

You still could push it further with Empower lvl4 and 20/23 Divergent Holy relic.

Also I hope you have bossing setup and Animate Guardian up and running."

I know these are pretty out of conext but i hope it will help someone and from now on i'll ask all question here
Did the changes to told me to, i still have to buy new skin, rings with better hp rolls, i will stay with these boots because i dont want to waste passive points on dexterity. The question i got is you linked me the asenath's gloves but these have no slots and links, should i buy these? i dont understand the thing with gloves, there are none with my link on market

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires