[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] Back in time! PoB cleaned up

"
DragonShanks85 a écrit :
Hi Fire_Archer.

i want to play this build for a while now, but i still cant descide if i should go with your version of the build or Moosseolini's.

there are some points of the build i dont rly understand. first of all he plays with a 2 hand weapon + 1 minion + 2 sup gems 80 minio dps, but you play with a wand with double dmg + trigger. is there a reason behind this beside from using the Aegis Auroa shild ?

im also a bit confused about dmg and survivabilty between both ascandancys.
it would be nice if you can maybe point it out for me.

i read both of your guides and try to understand it as good as i can but im question my self still, what is the better ascandancy for a leauge start and early mapping. i dont care if 1 ascandandancy is later better after spendig 100+ ex, i just care about a good start.

That's an interesting question. There are few things to consider.

If we talk about early power that comes from ascendancy, Templar wins 100% of the time. The regen and block Templar passives prove make for a VERY smooth start in terms of survivability.

You won't be dealing too much damage, but you can just facetank pretty much everything. Slow and steady.

With Necromancer you get more speed. Both from using rampage/Asenath's and the fact that you need very common items. When it comes for ascendancy, its slightly bumpier road than Templar, because you want many things at once, and the singular lab won't progress you by a lot.

But we make up for it with much much easier itemization. You start getting your end game items as early as lvl 60, which means a faster progress towards mid and late game.

Sadly I never pushed Templar to the late/mid game to answer how itemization for that build works and feels. Felt a bit too slow doing t1 maps compared to Necro. But if you just wanna chillax - Templar is your go-to

Now to your other questions.
DMG and survivability. I'll try to tl;dr this....
DMG - Necro bigger but not by a huge amount.
Survivability - I'd say even. Difference is, Necro has lot of dmage reduction, Templar has lot of HP regen. HP pool is about even.
Both use block as primary defence.

The reason why I use scepter because I get +level of gems from chest and on top of that I get stats from a weapon + massive defence from a shield and chest. So it kinda combines 3 items into 1.

Templar on other hand has a juicy Kaoms that gives a sizable increase to HP and + levels of gems on a weapon. I didn't really combine the stats of both build to compare what gives more.

Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 26 janv. 2022 14:44:54
Alright, the most info is out and its time to make another post.

The changes to the skills.
Spoiler
Didn’t change the build in a slightest. It will perform just as well as the last league. All tools and changes remain intact.

Nerf to trigger skills didn’t affect us.

There might be something interesting to do with blessing mechanics, but gotta see about that.

The changes to items.
Spoiler
Again, no changes done to the build. This is a double edged sword. On one hand, its nice that everything gonna be familiar. On other hand, all this new power that comes from new influence modifiers – you won’t be able to use it.

Most of the items for the build are unique, and those that are not, require specific influence to balance out the build weaknesses.

There is also not a single new powerful unique that would be worth including in the build. Other than maybe Forbidden Jewels, but even then those are not as good as for other classes.

There are two benefits however.
First being Animated Guardian. That one can use new items, both rare and unique to get a massive MASSIVE advantage. There is a lot of room to tinker with it.
Second – fated unique items change. This is massive. Being able to get 1 extra relic early on gonna make this build feel sooo much smoother. And so much SSF friendlier. I would not be opposed to use all my chance orbs on Great Crown bases just to get the hat as early as possible.

Changes to the atlas
Spoiler
That one is too much to cover in tl;dr. Earlier this league I made a big post about how this build interacts with different league mechanic. I suggest you to find it in the comments and read it, or wait till I update the main post with that info. Its on the page 10.

It is valuable to understand what this build can and can’t do to pick what you should focus on. Later on I MIGHT make a post about what I will take on atlas passive tree and why.

As for me, I will roll with straight up bossing. Big RNG rewards over constant chances to juice the maps.

And of course, at the start I will spec everything into map sustain and progress + some busted standalone nodes. And later on respect into something more fun.

My starting atlas tree

In conclusion.
Spoiler
I think the build will be great league start, as it is now more or less polished compared to the previous league. I expect it to be much more smooth road. It will most certainly push into end game content with the proper investment.

I will be starting it day 1 so you can track the progress in my character if you want.

For the future posts I have plans on making a post about atlas tree and a list of priorities, as things that you want (and can) get early on changed a little bit.

But I’m a bit low on energy lately, so those may come out late. If they will come out at all.

Now here is 2 questions for you. For anyone who mgiht be reading the guide.
1) What do you think should be added/changed to the guide to make it better/easier to read/understand. Maybe some new videos?

2) What do you think about incoming league changes/items?
Hey Fire,

In regards to your questions:

1) In terms of the videos I was happy with it. For the new league people will probably be happy if they see videos of this build killing the new pinnacle bosses.

With the new changes a little bit more in-depths area about the AG could also be beneficial.

What I personally missing and what I've been playing around with is an elegant hubris jewel. One in the templar area could give up to 240% minion dmg reliably for a few ex. Worth thinking about.

2) I pretty much agree, I have not seen anything that fundamentally changes this builds setup, due to not knowing what implicit modifiers are available there is a big question mark on the armor and potential upgrades, and boots I'll definitely go with the new eldritch gear. Aside from that, ascenats is pretty much locked in for convenience and helmet also no chance to change, so I'm pretty uninspired by the changes. The atlas tree looks very nice in terms of customization though, lookint forward to that.
List of priorities or List of Upgrades, step by step that I plan on getting to progress the build.

List of Priorities

Things you want and can get early.
Spoiler
1) Rampage gloves. Namely Flesh and Spirit Those little gloves give you SO MUCH healing, speed and protecting its insane. And they are very common. I’ll gladly get them for 1-5c. A fair price for an items that is your end game unique pretty much.

2) Weapon with trigger craft. It doesn't matter what mods it has, as long as you can equip it in one hand and its not too slow with attack speed.

Those are easy to come by than few leagues ago, but still will cost a bunch. Expecting it to range from 5-10c depending on time. Maybe will be lucky to snipe one cheaper.

3) Geofri's Legacy. Doubles your damage output straight up. Can’t say how rare it will be. Or how much will it cost you. Most likely not too much. And even if not, it’s the only outcome you can get from chancing/Gwenen Great Crown base. So might even make it yourself in a hard way.

4) 6 or 5 Link. Best case - Tabula. 5 Link will do just as fine up to yellow maps. The price of early tabula you can imagine. Or you can just farm it with cards yourself, but that will greatly slow your progress in atlas.

5) Black oil. Not to common, not too rare. Expect to get it for about 4 c. Its very much worth it as it will cap your block and give you some regen.

6) Aegis Aurora. Make you giga tanky. Can cost a lot. Usually starts at 40c day 1, then goes down a bit. It recently got popular with some builds, but its your BiS item that you will keep forever. SO well worth it.
Its also the only outcome from chance orbs/Gwenen

Once you get all above, time to work on some damage. Reaching red maps you start to struggle with DPS a bit.

Spoiler
7) +1 to socketed gems Tabula, Skin of the Loyal, or red sockets Dialla's Malefaction. The biggest DPS boost comes from your chest. I bought Tabula. Costed me 1 ex, Day 2 some time ago. Replaced it with Skin after a while.

8) Empower lvl 2-3. If you can't afford lvl 3, get lvl 2. Eventually it will level up. I was wondering why I do so little damage, before I replaced lvl 2 one.

9) Level 21 Holy Relic gem. Try to level few of those in weapon swap and corrupt them yourself. I usually buy one. They are very cheap. Got mine for 30c few leagues ago.

10) After you get Skin of the Loyal, you can grab Timeless Jewel. Was about 2.5 ex by the time I felt like I need one.

11) Watchers eye with Zealotry mod that makes enemies take 10% more dmg. You only need that mod and nothing else, so keep an eye on a good Life +ES rolls. This particular mod is never expensive as standalone, but still might cost you an 1ex or so.

At this point, you should be able to handle t16, guardians, conquerors, sirus, maybe even shaper.

And finally the top end of the gear.
Spoiler
12) Empower 4.
13) Skin of the Lords with Imbalanced Guard preferably.
14) Asenath's Gentle Touch + Boss-killer Gloves with Vlun on hit for zoomies and bossing.
14) Weapon with Alva mod and +1 spell gems. (Almost impossible to get)

Main post updated with slightly changed PoB ( better passive pathing for smoother early leveling), New sections about league mechanics this build good at, and new picture.
Cool build, you rock! Love your creativity and energy.

One thing you could possibly improve is a section explaining how Holy Relic works, and then another section explaining why you use Flicker Strike to enable it. Especially for people who are just quickly popping in to see the concept, quickly explaining to them how the build works and why Flicker Strike is so cool for it would be very hype!
In the videos you use static strike the most time - correct?
I'm bit confused about the build name - i'm missing something?

Additionally how you would level up? With absolution or just with holy relic?
Thanks.
"
Phiro a écrit :
In the videos you use static strike the most time - correct?
I'm bit confused about the build name - i'm missing something?

Additionally how you would level up? With absolution or just with holy relic?
Thanks.

Flicker Strike is a recent addition to the build from last league. I was playing with it, and now I can't imagine the build without it.

Check out Gem section (Activation setup) for more info, as well as Simulacrum video.

I'll be making more vids featuring Flicker Strike more this legue (if patch wont mess up my FPS too much)

As for leveling... Absolution is the a well expored option. Thanks for reminding me, I'll add leveling into the main post. But I personaly hate Absolution.. I will be leveling with SRS-Minion instability.
Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 4 févr. 2022 02:04:57
"
Overmasterr a écrit :
Cool build, you rock! Love your creativity and energy.

One thing you could possibly improve is a section explaining how Holy Relic works, and then another section explaining why you use Flicker Strike to enable it. Especially for people who are just quickly popping in to see the concept, quickly explaining to them how the build works and why Flicker Strike is so cool for it would be very hype!

Thanks for peeking in. And those are great advices, I'll make sure to add all of that. Also hyped for new league.
Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 4 févr. 2022 02:06:01
Hey, very cool looking build. Will probably give it a try today for 3.17.
I was wondering if you're planning on starting out with it too? If so, maybe you could post some progress updates from time to time, would be interesting to see I think.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires