[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] Back in time! PoB cleaned up

@ Fire_Archer

i switched to Holy relic now with lvl80 but i dont get how you will not die the whole time since static strike has such a low atk speed and you need to godirectly into the pack - it's hard to start the static strike.
Any idea?
"
Phiro a écrit :
@ Fire_Archer

i switched to Holy relic now with lvl80 but i dont get how you will not die the whole time since static strike has such a low atk speed and you need to godirectly into the pack - it's hard to start the static strike.
Any idea?

Oh I felt that way too, thats why I'm using Flicker now to clear the packs.

Because Flicker instantly hits an enemy and can't miss like static.

But looking at your set up, you can improve few things.

1) Get a life tap on a weapon instead of duration. Because if you somehow run out of mana your Bone Offering will not activate and you lose a lot of block.

2) Get Ancestral Call support instead of Maim. Ancestral Call will not only generate you more Frenzy charges for Flicker, but also will boost your Static Strike reach.

You don't have to hit an enemy directly with your attack. You can just swing next to an enemy and Ancestral Call ghosted attack will auto aim the nearest enemy. You can hit the pack without coming too close to it.

3) Your block values are not bad, but could be better. Try getting and Anivel amulet, or Stone of Lazwhar with Testudo annoint.

You can also get Sentari Answer shield. It will help a bunch and will curse your enemies for you.

Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 5 févr. 2022 14:05:26
Transitioned to 5-link Holy Relic / Flicker at the very end of act 6 / lvl 55 and it's so much more fun now playing the game than before using SRS.

@ Fire Archer

Do you use Steelskin on left click? Also why do you need basalt flask - is that so that holy relics don't die as often on red maps? While Decoy totem is used only in some sticky situations?
Dernière édition par MrCinos, le 5 févr. 2022 14:47:05
"
MrCinos a écrit :
Transitioned to 5-link Holy Relic / Flicker at the very end of act 6 / lvl 55 and it's so much more fun now playing the game than before using SRS.

@ Fire Archer

Do you use Steelskin on left click? Also why do you need basalt flask - is that so that holy relics don't die as often on red maps? While Decoy totem is used only in some sticky situations?

Steelskin of left click, yes.

Basalt flask just for a little bit extra armor since we do wear a fair bit of armor + it boosts up Granite flask value.

If your relics are dying, get minion leech. From tree, Abys jewel or from Cluster jewel. 0.3 0.4 leech pretty much makes them immortal.

Decoy is used on bosses yes. Those fat t4 archnemeises or maps bosses. Harvest too. Sometimes I drop it inside of Harbringer pack.

Taun makes enemies deal 10% less dmg and not focus you too much. + If Punished enemy hits totem, they get damage reduced even further by 10% more.

Also for those who curious to see how build persom, I recorded a little bit of current gear mapping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9uHsQtNrpA
"
Fire_Archer a écrit :
"
Phiro a écrit :
@ Fire_Archer

Any idea?

Oh I felt that way too, thats why I'm using Flicker now to clear the packs.

Because Flicker instantly hits an enemy and can't miss like static.

But looking at your set up, you can improve few things.

1) Get a life tap on a weapon instead of duration. Because if you somehow run out of mana your Bone Offering will not activate and you lose a lot of block.

2) Get Ancestral Call support instead of Maim. Ancestral Call will not only generate you more Frenzy charges for Flicker, but also will boost your Static Strike reach.

You don't have to hit an enemy directly with your attack. You can just swing next to an enemy and Ancestral Call ghosted attack will auto aim the nearest enemy. You can hit the pack without coming too close to it.

3) Your block values are not bad, but could be better. Try getting and Anivel amulet, or Stone of Lazwhar with Testudo annoint.

You can also get Sentari Answer shield. It will help a bunch and will curse your enemies for you.

Thank you for your fast reply -it runs much better now
"
Fire_Archer a écrit :

Changes to the atlas
Spoiler
That one is too much to cover in tl;dr. Earlier this league I made a big post about how this build interacts with different league mechanic. I suggest you to find it in the comments and read it, or wait till I update the main post with that info. Its on the page 10.

It is valuable to understand what this build can and can’t do to pick what you should focus on. Later on I MIGHT make a post about what I will take on atlas passive tree and why.

As for me, I will roll with straight up bossing. Big RNG rewards over constant chances to juice the maps.

And of course, at the start I will spec everything into map sustain and progress + some busted standalone nodes. And later on respect into something more fun.

My starting atlas tree

Did you end up going that route with the Atlas or did some changes? Just 1 act left before maps for me, looking forward to do them - this build is very fun, might even be my favourite so far from the few I've played. And I didn't really invest into it much yet. 1-2 chaos items and one 10+ chaos jewel.
Dernière édition par MrCinos, le 6 févr. 2022 09:57:42
"
MrCinos a écrit :
"
Fire_Archer a écrit :

Changes to the atlas
Spoiler
That one is too much to cover in tl;dr. Earlier this league I made a big post about how this build interacts with different league mechanic. I suggest you to find it in the comments and read it, or wait till I update the main post with that info. Its on the page 10.

It is valuable to understand what this build can and can’t do to pick what you should focus on. Later on I MIGHT make a post about what I will take on atlas passive tree and why.

As for me, I will roll with straight up bossing. Big RNG rewards over constant chances to juice the maps.

And of course, at the start I will spec everything into map sustain and progress + some busted standalone nodes. And later on respect into something more fun.

My starting atlas tree

Did you end up going that route with the Atlas or did some changes? Just 1 act left before maps for me, looking forward to do them - this build is very fun, might even be my favourite so far from the few I've played. And I didn't really invest into it much yet. 1-2 chaos items and one 10+ chaos jewel.

Pretty much yeah. I changed pathing a little bit, and picked some extra things.

You don't really feel the need in maps early on, but later its strats getting brutal. So there is no rush picking up map nodes right away. I picked like extra strongox, expedition etc, then when I felt like I'm getting close to the point when I can't progress atlas - threw in some points into maps.

Its not a big deal, it costs 2 regrets to refun an atlas point. So be careful, but not too careful.

I'm glad you loving it, I can only imagine how fun it will be for you if or when you get Asensath. Speaking of that, I have a little extra tip about it in the next post.
Hi, How do you use Zealotry with Pride and Tempest shield. Where do you take extra reservation nodes?
Okay, day 2 news report time.

Red maps is where I started to feel the wall. Most limitations were coming from lack of damage, but survivability started to fail too. Its a common thing for this build and nothing a couple of upgrades can't fix. So if you reach that point - don't be too discouraged.

First thing I did was getting Aegis Aurora.

This alone made me go from taking damage once in a while, to 'ahahaha I can afk inside of uberharbringer courd'

I didn't get any big drops other than early Tabula, so I just saved and paid all my money from Chaos orb recipe to get it.

It was worth every minute I spent vendoring rare items. Its THAT good. Prolly most valuable piece of the gear. It feels more powerful than getting Timless Jewel.

The second thing I upgraded was the chest. +1 tabula and skin of the loyal were out of my reach because I spend all my money. But then... I open this thread and see this guy...
"
Phiro a écrit :

Just sitting there and rocking a 6L Dialla's Malefaction. I check market, and what do you know. They are super cheap. I buy myself one and color 5 sockets red with few chromatics. Boom. +1 chest is ready.

Getting a weapon with alva mod and a +1 chest fixed almost everything. Adding a cluster jewel pushed the build to feel decent again.

In a mean time I reorganized my gem slots a bit and included specters. Just to test out if they will survive in red maps. I was doing that to have a relative feeling on what will happen if I decide to include Animate Guardian.

Specters were tanking everything just fine and thus AG was born. Now....
AG big brain strats

What if I told you, you don't have to pay 5 exalts to gain the power of exploding enemies on kill from Asenath Gentle Touch?
The idea is simple.

1) You summon AG. You link AG with Meat Shield so he would always stay with you.

2) You give AG Gravebind

That means any kills your relics do will counts as AG kills.

3) You give AG Inpulsa's Broken Heart

4) You have skitterbots so dying enemies are always Shocked.

5) ???

6) Profit.

The result was... okay I guess. Its not ideal but it works. Asenath feels 10 times better, but this will do as a low cost cosplay. It instantly deletes Harbingers crowds and Harvest so I'm fine with that.

The rest of the gear were resist boots ( you can buy triple res boots with no other stats for 1c. Then can throw some new eldritch orbs and get something good.
Culling strike axe
Victario's Charity that also gives power charges to everyone because of Gravebind

Now with damage fixed I continued to explore the red maps. I pick up some guardian/conq maps, but didn't do them, as I was mostly curious to see new bosses.

And so I saw them. Well, I killed them first attempt, but it was not a clean fight. Not gonna spoiler anything for you, but some mechanist are just not clear AT ALL. So if you gonna fight em, might wanna look a guide or something. They are not too hard though. IF you have enough damage.

Now speaking of damage... Conq and Guardian maps.

My god they are hard.

I assume GGG took all the A9 scaling and put it out, right away. No easy start, just have at it. I failed 2 guardian maps. Just could not damage the boss. It requires much much more than I currently had in the build.

In addition, GGG added a bunch of new mods that completely screw up with this build (and prolly most of other builds too). Namely - Enemies have spell supersession. Enemies have ES equal to % of life (that one just absolutely dumb, because bosses often go invulnerable while performing some attacks like Minotaur burrow. This short invul period is enough to FULLY recharge their ES. You don't get to kill them if your damage is low. You break the shield - they heal it up to full)

But few more upgrades in a form of curse cluster, couple of levels and level 21 Holy relic gem, and those became doable too. It still takes forever to kill them, but its doable.
Still afraid to call Maven though.

The new bosses were nice enough to reward me with a couple of valuable uniques that I instantly sold and on saved exalts bought myself Glorious Vanity.

Now with the power of Rampage, 4k HP+ 2k ES, expody guardian, exploration continues.

Can't wait to push the build to its limits again. The next big upgrade is Divergent Holy Relic and possibly Asenath.

Content done

Black Star
Infinte Hunger
Eater of Worlds
Searing Exarch
Phoenix
Minotaur
Eradicator
Constrictor
Veritania

Current gear

Dernière édition par Fire_Archer, le 6 févr. 2022 11:20:51
Will this build work with cyclone to trigger Holy relics instead of static strike and Flicker?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires