The Most Well-Rounded Starter Build In PoE - Detailed Leveling Guide for CA/TR Starter by Asmodeus

"
GGG tends to not like immortal or near-immortal builds, so that was to be expected.

This guy delved (in HC) to 2k+ depth while other builds fall apart not even halfway there. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3004147/page/1 Yes, it's high investment, but there's probably a hardcap GGG sees for any build no matter the circumstances.

Yeah I don´t mind the nerf at all. I just think it was a bit overboard, since there is not many builds that feel every single mirror u put into it due to diminishing returns. And when one of the wealthiest streamers takes his 28mirror aura-stacker and that char now deals 40mio dps I am pretty sure it´s a bit overboard xD

That being said, the balance itself is given - aura-support as a group-char is still very viable so you can argue they wanted it to be that way and I can come around on that.
"
Vennto a écrit :
And when one of the wealthiest streamers takes his 28mirror aura-stacker and that char now deals 40mio dps I am pretty sure it´s a bit overboard xD
Is that Empyrian? Tbh having a build that does 40mil dps and can stand in everything on t19 100% delirious triple beyond map is still better than 40mil dps build that dies from everything so cannot clear that content.

Also I think every high end build reaches a point where you face exponential price for minuscule upgrades. Harvest league was probably closest to "getting perfect gear" for people with infinite currency, and before that Synthesis.

There are also many builds that reach softcap of its potential and no matter how many mirrors you pump into it, they won't improve much beyond that point. For aurastackers the softcap was just much deeper.
Thinking of giving this a go as league starter. Is PoB up to date with patch notes? Anything change?
"
saxisa a écrit :
Anything change?
Nothing really. Ballista is less damage penalty. Passive tree is the same. Ascendancy basically don't pick toxicist, pick reprisal / adrenaline / alchemist.

Efficacy now requires lvl 8 but still isn't given until library for rangers. If you wanna mule / borrow 1 from friend early on do so. Otherwise same levelling as always.
I can't wait to fight multiple bosses at the same time with basically 100% uptime on my flasks. This alone has made me choose TR PF over Vortex Occultist.
"
Viktranka a écrit :
"
saxisa a écrit :
Anything change?
Nothing really. Ballista is less damage penalty. Passive tree is the same. Ascendancy basically don't pick toxicist, pick reprisal / adrenaline / alchemist.

Efficacy now requires lvl 8 but still isn't given until library for rangers. If you wanna mule / borrow 1 from friend early on do so. Otherwise same levelling as always.

Cool thanks. Another question- how tanky is this build? I generally suck at bosses and do stupid stuff like getting caught in shaper beam or losing life to sirus domes. Can this build take a hit? Not asking to facetank those guys, but if I get caught out (which I do) I need time to gtfo and recover.
"
saxisa a écrit :
Another question- how tanky is this build? I generally suck at bosses and do stupid stuff like getting caught in shaper beam or losing life to sirus domes. Can this build take a hit? Not asking to facetank those guys, but if I get caught out (which I do) I need time to gtfo and recover.
1 shot mechanics will most likely still 1 shot you. You can invest into evasion / dodge / spell dodge but it's still a lucky dice roll. I did survive some Sirus beams by spell dodging them, but it's not reliable - read: don't try this in hardcore. You will die.

You can invest heavily into defensives like more life, hardened scars anointment + hybrid flask for fortify (and maybe the new ritual helmet base which gives more fortify effect), wind dancer, maybe divine flesh, maybe physical taken as element (fire / lightning / etc.) on helmet / chest + taste of hate flask, get source of endurance charges, etc. but defense is a matter of layers and adding more layers always ups the cost. You will not be durable for cheap.

Cheap way of soaking stuff as pathfinder requires knowing ahead of time when you are gonna be hit. That involves iron reflexes + jade flask of reflexes + granite flask of iron skin + vaal molten shell (or even normal molten shell). If you can predict the damage, manage your flasks and press defensives at the correct moment, you're mostly 1-shot proof. However, this is not a passive or 100% uptime defense. And many people hate playing armor over evasion / dodge. So it's kinda love or hate type of mechanic.

I'm not a mechanically skilled player so for example while I did finish Simulacrums when they were needed for challenges with similar build, I think only once it was completely deathless. Same with Sirus. So I'd say this is fine for softcore, but not for hardcore unless you're a better player than me.
"
Viktranka a écrit :
"
saxisa a écrit :
Another question- how tanky is this build? ....

I'm not a mechanically skilled player so for example while I did finish Simulacrums when they were needed for challenges with similar build, I think only once it was completely deathless. Same with Sirus. So I'd say this is fine for softcore, but not for hardcore unless you're a better player than me.

Awesome thank you. I've played ED Trickster a few times and found it to be pretty tanky but CI HoP mana guardian was waaay better. But the trade off of course was that ED clears absurdly fast and just rocks with legions and most blight. Mana guardian was terrible for that stuff (it was okay with clear). I ended up last two leagues with both builds and would frequently switch them to take out the content they were best at. Would love to have that 'one' build.

That led to the hunt for a league starter that can maybe blend the best of those- that's why the 'most well-rounded' caught my eye :)

Plus I've never played CA/TR. Anyone have any comparison thoughts to ED trickster for clear, or mana guardian for tankiness?
Very good Build. I'll try start it 3.13
Nice build but how can we survive with 10 boss small area? is this build tanky?
Dernière édition par ChuckSchuldinner, le 14 janv. 2021 06:14:05

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires