The Most Well-Rounded Starter Build In PoE - Detailed Leveling Guide for CA/TR Starter by Asmodeus

"
JuanLeg a écrit :
however the announcements for pathfinder ascendancies seems to nerf us,
No?

Before you had to choose between attack speed, 10% more chaos damage and ailment immunity, as all that would require 1 more ascendancy lab than we had. So you were losing something. Now everything got merged into neat 4 lab package.

The attack speed / movement speed node was something I was usually sacrificing as it didn't buff CA but if you want to focus more on toxic rain it's quite valuable.

"
xMustard a écrit :
problem is deadeye is glass. always has been. sure you can have this situational 30% damage reduction but deadeye will struggle to get the amount of evasive layers to keep that up for meaningful times.
Dunno if going mirage + 2 proj + tailwind + mark node makes more sense, but I'd love to know what's the radius of damage reduction on the node "enemies nearby your marked target deal 25% less damage to you". If it's small it sucks because I expect in 10 boss arena not all of them would be affected.
"
Viktranka a écrit :
Dunno if going mirage + 2 proj + tailwind + mark node makes more sense, but I'd love to know what's the radius of damage reduction on the node "enemies nearby your marked target deal 25% less damage to you". If it's small it sucks because I expect in 10 boss arena not all of them would be affected.

it would make more sense defensively, im sure, but as TR it wouldn't be as good. losing out on the tailwind effect means losing tons of attack speed (for both you and your MAs), and there really isn't a mark that TR benefits from.
also you'd have to cast the mark, unless you could automate it somehow, then that would work.

but yeah that option is definitely going to be a more reliable damage reduction then gale force stacks, for sure.

still depends on the definition of 'near' for the MAs as well. if you need to be a screen away from them it won't be worth it at all. if you need to only be like 25 radius away, that would be awesome. just dash to the side and another is placed
Near is pretty close: https://imgur.com/aW8mcX5

It might make more sense to drop the 2-proj and grab the Mark note instead, since added proj actually reduces single target dmg.

Unfortunately there's no great marks for a chaos DoT build... but the reduced dmg means any Mark is a good thing to use.
Ballista Totem Support
Now causes supported skills do deal 32% less damage at gem level 1 (from 42%), up to 20% less damage at gem level 20 (from 33%).

This is a buff.
Added
40% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage
15% more Chaos Damage with Attack Skills
Chaos Skills have 30% increased Area of Effect

15% MORE damage instan of 30% increase is a nice buff no??
"
WaxMyStaff a écrit :
15% MORE damage instan of 30% increase is a nice buff no??
Biggest benefit is you can spec nature's adrenaline now and not lose anything.
"
Biggest benefit is you can spec nature's adrenaline now and not lose anything.

Don´t even bother. People only see clear changes in damage numbers, they just don´t understand anything else :D You should see the hate in the shadow-forum, people going nuts over the 50% dot damage calling "trickster dead" xD
"
Vennto a écrit :
Don´t even bother. People only see clear changes in damage numbers, they just don´t understand anything else :D You should see the hate in the shadow-forum, people going nuts over the 50% dot damage calling "trickster dead" xD
The poison builds might be slightly affected because they still might need both reprisal and toxicist (dunno, you tell me, I don't have xp with scourge arrow or pestilent strike PF), while chaos dot can completely drop toxicist since it only works for poison now.

But yea, dw, I saw the cries that poison BV Assassin is dead, ED Trickster is dead, people who make guides and have 40/40 challenges say these builds are fine, but no, let's have a rando who played a build for less than a week announce its death.

I saw your Necro joke in Torstein's thread and I can only say: XD
Like, literally, not THAT much changed in PF for people to start panicking.

My pure caustic arrow PF from harvest when POB-ed lost a whopping 0.4% damage by removing the 45% inc damage from small node + reprisal. World has ended indeed.

I'm more wondering about swapping to raider or occultist because they got buffed rather than because PF got "nerfed". Raider with perma phasing / onslaught / 15% free dodge is very juicy defensive-wise, meanwhile occultist got a damage buff and it gives free wither and ability to build ES, go CI and damage on full life gem.

New deadeye looks nice, but not for me. I'm such a slowpoke it'll take me ages to rebuild gale force every time I get hit. But for people who zoom zoom and spam skills with high APM, it's definitely more alluring, and tbh deadeye was always aimed at speed mappers I feel like.

All things compared, a lot of small things were trimmed from ascendancies, for example extra attack damage from Slayer and Raider, a lot of small minion damage from Necro, movement speed from Assassin, I think it's their philosophy change that builds should get their increased whatever from gear while ascendancy nodes should be cleared, less bloated and more unique in effects.

In the same vein a lot of small free penetration got trimmed from ele-oriented ascendancies, meanwhile elementalist gets half an EE power up. That's what I mean, it's a unique effect, a lot of them don't stack but provide good power on its own (Far Shot, Battlemage, Transfiguration of Mind, Malediction).

Spellpower builds especially used to have plenty of increased damage of all sorts so if an ascendancy lost 20 or even 50 in that stat, it's negligible. Someone clipped Karvarousku who tends to play ED/C slinger than he can compensate for these nerfs with 1 harvest crafted wand.

Nerfs to OP builds and player power are probably there so people don't faceroll top level Maven encounter with trash gear, since GGG will want to make that a spectacle and not "oops she died, bye".
"
The poison builds might be slightly affected because they still might need both reprisal and toxicist (dunno, you tell me, I don't have xp with scourge arrow or pestilent strike PF), while chaos dot can completely drop toxicist since it only works for poison now.

I can update you on this in a TLDR: Nothing´s changed. We profit a bit more from big phys claws (especially early on), the full conversion makes it like 0.5% safer on phys reflec maps, the overall damage in lategame is pretty much unchanged. +, and thats what tons of people just forget, the powercreep with harvest is back so even builds that lost like 20% damage can EASILY make up for it.

"
But yea, dw, I saw the cries that poison BV Assassin is dead, ED Trickster is dead, people who make guides and have 40/40 challenges say these builds are fine, but no, let's have a rando who played a build for less than a week announce its death.

Literally this :D I can´t take that anymore xD

"
My pure caustic arrow PF from harvest when POB-ed lost a whopping 0.4% damage by removing the 45% inc damage from small node + reprisal. World has ended indeed.

yeah, better delete it. Unplayable until you get +125% dot multi on the ascendancy I think. *irony off

"
I'm more wondering about swapping to raider or occultist because they got buffed rather than because PF got "nerfed". Raider with perma phasing / onslaught / 15% free dodge is very juicy defensive-wise, meanwhile occultist got a damage buff and it gives free wither and ability to build ES, go CI and damage on full life gem.

These might be more suitable points to argue and to try. Those are actually good points aside from just plain "oooh we lost 5% lategame damage, can´t kill T12 anymore". Raider looks sexy to me too, though I would rather profit from the ele nodes. Unarmed dex stacking ice crash or smth seems really interesting right now.

"
Spellpower builds especially used to have plenty of increased damage of all sorts so if an ascendancy lost 20 or even 50 in that stat, it's negligible. Someone clipped Karvarousku who tends to play ED/C slinger than he can compensate for these nerfs with 1 harvest crafted wand.

Yeah, exactly my point from above, glad we are on the same page on this :D

"
Nerfs to OP builds and player power are probably there so people don't faceroll top level Maven encounter with trash gear, since GGG will want to make that a spectacle and not "oops she died, bye"

I don´t even consider those like really hard nerfs. Its very carefully, considering the immense power harvest brings. The only thing that really suffered were aura-stackers. I think they went a bit overboard there, aside from that everything is still viable and fine.
"
Vennto a écrit :
The only thing that really suffered were aura-stackers.
GGG tends to not like immortal or near-immortal builds, so that was to be expected.

This guy delved (in HC) to 2k+ depth while other builds fall apart not even halfway there. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3004147/page/1 Yes, it's high investment, but there's probably a hardcap GGG sees for any build no matter the circumstances.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires