[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

"
Dying__Lights a écrit :
Hi All,

I would like to add my 2 cents here.
I made the build last league (Legion) as my 2nd character and I started this league with this char.

To be honest, ALL Tornado Shot builds will be clunky without investment. But that is beyond the point since most people have already started the league with this build, I'd like to help out with what i've learned.

1. Yes, this is not a cheap build and you wouldn't be able to blaze through to T16 with just found gear. It needs big investments to really start to shine. HOWEVER...

2. Chin Sol, Magnate/Belt of Deceiver, Bloodgrip and Oskarm are the cheap uniques you should target while you save up for Arborix and Maim/Daresso's 6L chest. I have never played with Lioneye's Vision so can't really say anything about it. I'm currently lvl 85 and doing red maps on a Tabula with a 4 link Barrage. I used the chin Sol while I farmed for the Arborix.

3. Spec into Point Blank while you're waiting on Arborix and you'll reach enough damage on a 5 link to do the low red maps easily. Cannot stress this enough if you're short on currency for the Lioneye jewel.

3. Tornado Shot needs a specific aiming mechanism to get the best out of it. You need to aim "BEHIND" the monster for the most damage. this way the mob gets hit with the main projectile as well as the secondary ones. If you're struggling for damage and do not know this bit, please try it in the next mob encounter.

4. TS and Barrage really shine with extra arrows. For this, even a Reach of the Council would do nicely. If you decide to use it, don't use a GMP/LMP gem. Instead, go for Vicious Projectiles on the TS links. Greater Volley has the same reduction in damage as GMP so you don't want to double dip on that.

Some additional tips -

1. If you're getting shafted buying 5 links for 40c+, bear in mind that the Jeweller's touch prophecy is just 25-30c. You can make a 5 link Lioneye's vision for just the cost of the prophecy and the 1c armor.

2. Same goes for the nomad. poe.ninja was reporting it to be 40c price while the prophecy for it was going for 25c. (Magnate is a 1 alch belt). Arborix is also a recipe weapon and usually sells for higher than the cost of its component because people do not know how it is made. A couple of people I know bought it for 1.7 exalts while the Beltimber Blade and Grelwood shank had a total cost of 1 exalt.

3. I don't know how badly the build was affected because of the Fork fix, but I've done Uber Elder on builds with 2-3 mil shaper dps. And this build achieves higher dps even without the bug, so don't worry about its endgame viability.

TL;DR
the build will do decently in single player mapping with smaller investment. But like all TS builds, it scales rapidly with investment.

If anyone wants to, they can contact me ingame for any discussion or tips on equipment. IGN - DistilledWater

Hey buddy,

Thanks so much. Rarely do I see really helpful replies like this, not just in the detail but in your gesture of trying to help others. Its so nice to see!

I will add you as I would like some advice!
Once we have arborix do we take point blank? The tree on front page doesn't have it, and the one on POEbuilding does.

thanks
"
Nevzat a écrit :
Once we have arborix do we take point blank? The tree on front page doesn't have it, and the one on POEbuilding does.

thanks

OP does take it on his standard character. It also synergises well so I don't see why not.
You should take Point Blank. Since you need monsters to be inside Pride Aura range anyways.
whats the best enchant for amulets Eagle eye ?
Hey boys!

I had my super fabulous undeniably handsome CHAMPION just sitting somewhere and feeling bored to tears! so I thought I would give him a bow, low and behold I found this absolutely perfect built that I could use!

My gear below ~

As you might have guessed, my lovely CHAMPION is suited up and looking VERY fashionable ♥
if anyone wants the PoB here you go:)

https://pastebin.com/CPUbFzQn

If anyone has any suggestions about my choice of fashion feel free to list them below while my handsomely champ walks down the catwalk of some T16's "Impaling" onlookers with stunning fashion =^.^=

*Edited for Glamour! not grammar
Why do you guys use Dash/Blink arrow instead of flame dash?

They feel way to slow and clunky compared to 3 charges and insta cast flame dash
LMAO at ppl complaining build is bad because they can't shred through content with a death's harp...

Man.
I'm leveling with rain of arrows I'm 56
and every time I change to tornado shot, I kill slower and hit less .. on the same level the two gems
I am very comfortable with rain of arrows.
Will there be any way to adapt this build to rain of arrows?
Tnx
Follow-up question to the previous post:

At what point is it recommended to switch from Rain of Arrows to Tornado Shot? And switch from Puncture to Barrage? Or do you?

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires