[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

98 % Hitchance with Barrage.
Maybe its the Reach of the Council Bow and with Barrage setup?
I Have 2 Ex to Spent on new Gear.
The Question is it worth or not to Put Currency in the Build or change to BF impale Gladiator or Something else

My Gear :

1 x Lioneye on the Tree
Dernière édition par Lodegren, le 9 sept. 2019 04:00:49
-
Dernière édition par cFloat, le 9 sept. 2019 06:24:54
Once I swapped from Lioneye's Vision and Drillneck I was pretty discouraged since damage dropped a lot but it's fine again after I got more flat physical damage on jewellery, not sure what the next upgrades are aside from a 6l Barrage setup.

Here's my gear after recent upgrades:
Spoiler

Does anyone know if flipping gems for 1/20 hurts your damage to the point where you can't map?
Playing a variant of this build in league right now. Got to red maps, can confirm the clear speed is fantastic and the barrage dmg is sweet AF.

I played a TON this week end and am well set up :D

wondering what to do to upgrade next (outside of 20/20 and six links of course)

Can confirm the build is tanky and great dmg.
No one is having an insane mana problems with this build boyz?
"
yyyiiyyy a écrit :

You get close to 0 mana all the time but with mana leech (node to the right of the tree or a jewel) you gain all your mana back after any attack.
Dernière édition par Syperek, le 9 sept. 2019 15:15:20
"
yyyiiyyy a écrit :

You haven't taken the mana leech node. It's enough to get you going.
I want to enchant my amulet with Assassination passive, but that golden oil is too rich for my blood. I looked through a lot of the passives on the tree and it seemed like that was the most dps, that I could find anyways.
"
DevilMayCry93 a écrit :
I can not understand why you guys think that this is a weak build or atleast weak league starter...

With just two 5-links (Opus and Lioneyes Vision), Drillneck, Starkonkas, Oskarm and The Nomad i can quite easily kill red maps!

I did T15 Siege and did not die.

And i have now farmed up to the point where i could buy Rigwalds, im excited how it is gonna be now after that bug fix!

So please, to everyone feeling jebaited:

Read the guide accordingly! All those uniques are quite cheap (except the Lioneye Jewel), grind a bit and buy them.

Good luck and cheers!

Like a number of people here, I think you need a bit of experience to level with this character. It is advertised as a 'strong' league starter, implying a build that pretty much takes care of itself.

By comparison, its not like a totem or miner build where you simply level and with rares you can increase in power.

For this build, you need to farm currency on low tier maps to get even the base uniques like opus, nomad.

So far, I have sunk about 40c for opus, 40c for nomad, 5c starkonjas, 40c for 5-link lioneye vision. Plus other cheap rares, thats like over 120c already just to get the base uniques. A lot of other league starter builds get going quicker and on less than 100c.

To even think of getting past yellow into red maps, it looks like i need to save 130c for arborix and at least 1ex for lioneyes jewel.

My point is it may be a strong league starter, but only for those experienced in making some quick currency to get the base uniques, otherwise your stuck on white maps.

And please dont take it the wrong way, I think this guide looks fantastic and I am sure it will absolutely demolish once I get all the key expensive gear. I just want to give an honest reflection of how the average noob player like me is struggling to use this build as a league starter. I truly tried to follow the excel walkthrough and buy all the first uniques but still struggling after that.

I guess I am just a little disappointed because my league start is a lot slower than I expected (it worked really well up until act 10) and in hindsight I should have farmed on a more simple league starter then transition into this one as a second build.
Hi All,

I would like to add my 2 cents here.
I made the build last league (Legion) as my 2nd character and I started this league with this char.

To be honest, ALL Tornado Shot builds will be clunky without investment. But that is beyond the point since most people have already started the league with this build, I'd like to help out with what i've learned.

1. Yes, this is not a cheap build and you wouldn't be able to blaze through to T16 with just found gear. It needs big investments to really start to shine. HOWEVER...

2. Chin Sol, Magnate/Belt of Deceiver, Bloodgrip and Oskarm are the cheap uniques you should target while you save up for Arborix and Maim/Daresso's 6L chest. I have never played with Lioneye's Vision so can't really say anything about it. I'm currently lvl 85 and doing red maps on a Tabula with a 4 link Barrage. I used the chin Sol while I farmed for the Arborix.

3. Spec into Point Blank while you're waiting on Arborix and you'll reach enough damage on a 5 link to do the low red maps easily. Cannot stress this enough if you're short on currency for the Lioneye jewel.

3. Tornado Shot needs a specific aiming mechanism to get the best out of it. You need to aim "BEHIND" the monster for the most damage. this way the mob gets hit with the main projectile as well as the secondary ones. If you're struggling for damage and do not know this bit, please try it in the next mob encounter.

4. TS and Barrage really shine with extra arrows. For this, even a Reach of the Council would do nicely. If you decide to use it, don't use a GMP/LMP gem. Instead, go for Vicious Projectiles on the TS links. Greater Volley has the same reduction in damage as GMP so you don't want to double dip on that.

Some additional tips -

1. If you're getting shafted buying 5 links for 40c+, bear in mind that the Jeweller's touch prophecy is just 25-30c. You can make a 5 link Lioneye's vision for just the cost of the prophecy and the 1c armor.

2. Same goes for the nomad. poe.ninja was reporting it to be 40c price while the prophecy for it was going for 25c. (Magnate is a 1 alch belt). Arborix is also a recipe weapon and usually sells for higher than the cost of its component because people do not know how it is made. A couple of people I know bought it for 1.7 exalts while the Beltimber Blade and Grelwood shank had a total cost of 1 exalt.

3. I don't know how badly the build was affected because of the Fork fix, but I've done Uber Elder on builds with 2-3 mil shaper dps. And this build achieves higher dps even without the bug, so don't worry about its endgame viability.

TL;DR
the build will do decently in single player mapping with smaller investment. But like all TS builds, it scales rapidly with investment.

If anyone wants to, they can contact me ingame for any discussion or tips on equipment. IGN - DistiledWater
Dernière édition par Dying__Lights, le 11 sept. 2019 13:10:52

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires