[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

"
_Pats_ a écrit :
Hey could I ask you for advice on the build? https://pastebin.com/sCb0b0sz this is my pastebin, I think everything is ticked correctly in configuration, if not then sorry.

I'm looking for upgrades (apart from obvious ones like rigwalds/6link arborix/TS +2, I'm collecting money for those), and I have no clue how to move forward with it. I opted into passive tree iron reflexes to lock the arborix into one state permanently, other than that I followed your tree.

Damage feels pretty lackluster vs bosses and tougher rares. I also opted into a bit of cold damage to get shatters, should I swap for brutality on tornado shot and check if it works better? PoB says it's around 1% damage increase, so not sure. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Your damage should be ok with barrage for single target with iron reflexes you're easily over 1.2-1.3m DPS as long as you're standing close to the boss. Fork + Chain is sort of the combo that makes either one of those supports good so I would try that first, and by using added cold you are losing a lot more damage than PoB says because impale is not included in path of building which for you would be around a 140-160% more multiplier.

You have a few sources of added ele which looks ok on pob but scales awfully with the strong aspect of the build which is impale, brutality for you is a 30% more multiplier and for me its 58% more so you probably want to replace any ele dmg with multi/attack speed if you can and any jewels with regular viridian jewels with multi/damage with bows/phys dmg/attack speed etc. You also should really get an abyss jewel with chance to gain onslaught on kill.

A good rolled arborix with a 30% corruption/28% hillock transportation from betrayal will be roughly 10-15% more damage, your bow is 364PDPS mine is around 400 which is a pretty big difference. You can replace a lot of your rares for higher dps rares, increased phys dmg taken crafted helm with +1 ts, the nomad belt or a crafted stygian with phys dmg, a watchers eye with one of the many precision/pride mods, tombfists maybe even with an ok corruption should all be less than 1-2 ex each and easily be 10-15% more damage each.
Dernière édition par Imeperfection, le 29 juin 2019 16:51:01
hi there, nice build
couple of questions

1) damage is insane, however I'm getting randomly one-shot from legion encounters, not sure how i can improve my survivability...

2) I did not understand if I'm supposed to be taking Iron reflexes or not, I do not have it at the moment
"
Imeperfection a écrit :
"
_Pats_ a écrit :
Hey could I ask you for advice on the build? https://pastebin.com/sCb0b0sz this is my pastebin, I think everything is ticked correctly in configuration, if not then sorry.

I'm looking for upgrades (apart from obvious ones like rigwalds/6link arborix/TS +2, I'm collecting money for those), and I have no clue how to move forward with it. I opted into passive tree iron reflexes to lock the arborix into one state permanently, other than that I followed your tree.

Damage feels pretty lackluster vs bosses and tougher rares. I also opted into a bit of cold damage to get shatters, should I swap for brutality on tornado shot and check if it works better? PoB says it's around 1% damage increase, so not sure. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Your damage should be ok with barrage for single target with iron reflexes you're easily over 1.2-1.3m DPS as long as you're standing close to the boss. Fork + Chain is sort of the combo that makes either one of those supports good so I would try that first, and by using added cold you are losing a lot more damage than PoB says because impale is not included in path of building which for you would be around a 140-160% more multiplier.

You have a few sources of added ele which looks ok on pob but scales awfully with the strong aspect of the build which is impale, brutality for you is a 30% more multiplier and for me its 58% more so you probably want to replace any ele dmg with multi/attack speed if you can and any jewels with regular viridian jewels with multi/damage with bows/phys dmg/attack speed etc. You also should really get an abyss jewel with chance to gain onslaught on kill.

A good rolled arborix with a 30% corruption/28% hillock transportation from betrayal will be roughly 10-15% more damage, your bow is 364PDPS mine is around 400 which is a pretty big difference. You can replace a lot of your rares for higher dps rares, increased phys dmg taken crafted helm with +1 ts, the nomad belt or a crafted stygian with phys dmg, a watchers eye with one of the many precision/pride mods, tombfists maybe even with an ok corruption should all be less than 1-2 ex each and easily be 10-15% more damage each.

Thank you for detailed response. I am currently working my hillock into t3 so the 28% is on it's way. So I should drop added cold for either chain or brutality?

Is there an item I could add in (like a flask) that would calculate my impale into the damage so I could pick my upgrades more easily?

Damn so I guess shatters are out of the question for the build...I really hoped I could keep them.

Could you perhaps give any indications on what are higher dps rares? I assume steel rings? I will look into nomad/stygian, thank you for the help!
"
Tecken1407 a écrit :
Is there big diff in +2 projectiles TS enchant to +1? since the price gap is big

I recently made the change from +1 to +2 TS helmet and the difference is noticeable enough.

Finding it hard to replace the dex and resistances from nomad at the same time without spending too much currency to switch to ryslatha, which is a shame.

But overall this build is pretty insane, definitely the best way to farm emblems outside of HH by far and killing shaper guardians in less than 1 second is pretty fun.
"
Lÿn a écrit :
hi there, nice build
couple of questions

1) damage is insane, however I'm getting randomly one-shot from legion encounters, not sure how i can improve my survivability...

2) I did not understand if I'm supposed to be taking Iron reflexes or not, I do not have it at the moment

Hard to say without seeing your character specifically for defenses but you should have 15k+ vaal molten shells for every legion encounter. You should never stand in the same spot for more than 0.5 seconds and you will avoid 90% of the deadly things legion mobs can do, I just tornado shot, move , tornado shot, move around the outside of the mobs and you should be good. Standing still is just death.

I wouldn't take iron reflexes on the tree because evasion is a decent defensive and the move/attack speed is very good for mapping.
"

Thank you for detailed response. I am currently working my hillock into t3 so the 28% is on it's way. So I should drop added cold for either chain or brutality?

Is there an item I could add in (like a flask) that would calculate my impale into the damage so I could pick my upgrades more easily?

Damn so I guess shatters are out of the question for the build...I really hoped I could keep them.

Could you perhaps give any indications on what are higher dps rares? I assume steel rings? I will look into nomad/stygian, thank you for the help!

So if you were to use brutality you could just put a jewel that has 150% more damage (it might be more or less, without watchers eye its just 70% of damage x impale effectiveness so if you have 100% impale effectiveness its 140% damage) but if you have any elemental damage that will also get increased so it only really works if you have brutality socketed. You can add adds 42 - 84 phys damage to a flask or jewel from the master of metal ascendency though, added phys isn't a very good stat because we have tons but % damage modifiers, attack speed, and crit multi is in general pretty good.

I was looking for a way to get shatters but I don't think its really worth it the cwdt molten shell handles porkers and most on death mechanics for me haven't ran into any problems yet. You probably want to try chain instead of added cold, if rares aren't dying pierce + brutality with a drillneck will do a lot more single target but pierce is pretty bad vs the league mechanic. That being said map mods can be pretty brutal vs this build if I showcased a hexproof, 40% phys reduction 30% life map my damage would look pretty mediocre and I have insane damage.

If you buy a pair of tombfists with attacks have +0.6% base crit or +1frenzy, have a murderous eye jewel socketed in them and get a onslaught jewel somewhere your mapping damage will go up a ton.
Dernière édition par Imeperfection, le 29 juin 2019 18:54:17
So I had a HH drop in SSF and decided to migrate to make the most of it in emblem farming and chose this build as what i'd use. I originally tried Kaom's heart and just a 6L TS build to carry single target. It felt ok, I do guardians and Shaper no problem, but the raw life didn't feel tanky enough. So i tried out a 5L Barrage in Daresso's just to test. This made the build feel a lot tankier although not noticing much difference between TS and Barrage damage but that's probably due to having a 21/20 TS and still leveling my Barrage gems (and Barrage still being 5L).

Just wondering what I should be getting next. I currently have a +1 TS helmet with no 9% inc phys damage and a 58% attack damage with pride Watchers Eye. Would a +2 TS helmet with 9% inc phys damage be better than a +2 impale Watcher's Eye? Don't know how to sim this in POB due to the impale maths behind it lol.
Dernière édition par A_Mule, le 30 juin 2019 12:05:09
"
So I had a HH drop in SSF and decided to migrate to make the most of it in emblem farming and chose this build as what i'd use. I originally tried Kaom's heart and just a 6L TS build to carry single target. It felt ok, I do guardians and Shaper no problem, but the raw life didn't feel tanky enough. So i tried out a 5L Barrage in Daresso's just to test. This made the build feel a lot tankier although not noticing much difference between TS and Barrage damage but that's probably due to having a 21/20 TS and still leveling my Barrage gems (and Barrage still being 5L).

Just wondering what I should be getting next. I currently have a +1 TS helmet with no 9% inc phys damage and a 58% attack damage with pride Watchers Eye. Would a +2 TS helmet with 9% inc phys damage be better than a +2 impale Watcher's Eye? Don't know how to sim this in POB due to the impale maths behind it lol.

+2 impale watchers eye will be far more damage on single target than +2 tornado shot helm. You probably have around 120% impale effect so the watchers eye would make impale go from 70% of dmg x 120% effect = 154% multiplier with watchers eye it would be 90% of damage x 120% = 198% multiplier. The helm enchant is mainly just to make tornado shot feel more consistent. Quality gems and gem levels will end up making a big difference if none of them are 20/20 vs full 20/20 gem setup.
Hey I'm about to implement some of the things I can into your build - as in dropping herald of ice etc. First of all - https://pastebin.com/tUcmzwWp my updated (slightly) pob. Chain with fork does work wonders for clear and some of the single target, it's still not 20/20 but I'm working on it. Now there's a real question - what do I drop for brutality? Do I drop chain, or mirage archer? I don't know how much actual damage comes from mirage archer to be honest, you probably have more experience with the matter.

I'm working on shaped steel ring but that'll take some time. I also noticed that I dealt *far* more damage using tornado shot on boss than using my 5l barrage. Like night and day, barrage took way longer than tornado shot, which is surprising, I think. I was thinking about 6linking arborix and using my beast to corrupt it to 30%, but then again - how good is that a purchase? Doesn't tornado shot deal more damage overall, to bosses? It feels that way, but I can't be 100% sure.

So what would be the update next? Rigwalds? Swapping mirage archer for brutality? I'm actively working on 28% my arborix (or if I decide to go just 7l tornado shot, 30% 5link). Do I have to get rid of my elemental damage on items or does that just not scale with impale and that's that?

I currently have like 5ex or so of currency to work - might stretch to 7ex. Anything you could recommend that would have the biggest impact?

Again, thank you for your time! Fantastic build, have a ton of fun with it. I sometimes die though..do you recommend taking iron reflexes to lock the arborix in place or not?
Dernière édition par _Pats_, le 30 juin 2019 17:19:44
"
Imeperfection a écrit :
"
Lÿn a écrit :
hi there, nice build
couple of questions

Hard to say without seeing your character specifically for defenses but you should have 15k+ vaal molten shells for every legion encounter. You should never stand in the same spot for more than 0.5 seconds and you will avoid 90% of the deadly things legion mobs can do, I just tornado shot, move , tornado shot, move around the outside of the mobs and you should be good. Standing still is just death.

I wouldn't take iron reflexes on the tree because evasion is a decent defensive and the move/attack speed is very good for mapping.

I can try to further elaborate what could be a possibility other than what our nice guide maker said

I had same problem since I only wanna do tier16 maps where I also got 1-shot. So basicly my work around was. 1st Prio on getting the fortify passives, getting max +%increase life, BEFORE damage notes, I feel like that the damage is so superior you wont need it anyway. 2ndly I went with Soul tether belt + Glorious vanity (Doriyani edition jewel) because we're so close already to the location where you typically place it, check my char out TidaChamp for location if you need it. I am currently at 5640 HP + 1630 Energy shield. If you combine that with Vaal molten shell linked with Increased duration, you got so much extra shield when you pop it. 3rd, instead of the Stone golem, which for me feels useless because it dies insta anyway, go with a vaal haste or vaal grace, just to pop it at legion maps for either increased dmg or dodge.
Dernière édition par Tidarius, le 30 juin 2019 19:52:12

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires