[3.8]Champion Impale TS/Barrage | Leveling guide

For this build, what would be better? crafting +1 to min power charges or +1 to min endurance charges? I am using daresso's armor + arborix.
"
For this build, what would be better? crafting +1 to min power charges or +1 to min endurance charges? I am using daresso's armor + arborix.

both are pretty useless. you are almost always at full charges apart from on shaper
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Shanems/Shxnemx?type=depthdefault&i=0&search=type%3Ddepthdefault%26class%3DChampion%26skill%3DTornado-Shot%26name%3Dshx%26sort%3Ddepth

What would you do next? I'm trying to get to like 700-800 depth in the delve. Maybe run the Champ TS Headhunter abuse build? or what items could I upgrade
"
Shanems a écrit :

What would you do next? I'm trying to get to like 700-800 depth in the delve. Maybe run the Champ TS Headhunter abuse build? or what items could I upgrade

1-1.5k more life, some chaos res (ideally your chaos res should be 0+, but I delved to 1000 with -26), shakari pantheon (so you don't die instantly vs zombies chaos cloud).
Swap barrage and TS, you'll need more TS DPS. Remove brutality, use damage on full life. You are losing A LOT of damage from HH buffs if you are using brutality.
Two adrenaline flasks does nothing for you, idk how you play without antifreeze flask. Try to fit in taste of hate for delve. Phys reduction, chill and shatter from taste of hate are great in delve.

Blink arrow is just not good enough for high depth delve, but it's probably not possible for you to fit in flame dash + faster casting, only 25 intelligence =\

p.s. Maybe recraft your helmet for something that (except res mod, I annuled multimod to slam t1 res). fortify effect and phys damage taken as fire a great defensively.
Dernière édition par blg_RealiZe, le 11 août 2019 02:53:09
"
SubtleArt a écrit :
Spoiler

Hey guys, wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give critique or suggestions on my items. Im level 91, sitting at 5200 life. Nothing has given me trouble so far, but I havent done uber elder yet and I'm wondering if my life pool is too low for it. Maybe with armor, fortify, endurance charges, molten shell and vaal shell it'll be fine?

I have 4 exalts right now, so my plan at the moment is to save up a bit more and maybe craft a +2 tornado shot helm with the increased fortify effect and enemies take more physical damage mods.

Would it be worth upgrading the belt too? I need the +dex attribute bonus to equip my arborix, but im not sure a rare belt with dex bonus would be a huge improvement

Hey there,

your gear looks fine, except for the assassin's mark on hit ring and your talisman/amulet.
The assassin's mark ring could have more dmg and stats overall. Also none of your rings has accuracy, so I guess you take that from the tree? Could also try to solve that problem by having rings with it.
Your amulet could easily solve your dex problem, if you want to switch the nomad. Otherwise you could get jewels with +dex, that's how I did it. Ryslatha's can be a huge improvement, but only if you stack enough flat phys dmg and as for your gear now, you dont really do that. One of your rings and your amulet dont have flat phys, your gloves dont either. I would just try to optimize things one step at a time.

Just go for the +2 enchant. Try to craft one with high life and nearby enemies take % more phys dmg, maybe also that fortify affix (dunno why everyone needs or wants this, I don't have it and still am op as fck^^).
After getting that helmet upgrade, try to get a better assassin's mark on hit ring and a better amulet.

When above is accomplished, go for some really high attack speed rare gloves. They boost dmg by a lot.

For the tree:
You could easily get more dmg by leaving out 2-3 life nodes, while still being above 5K life. Take a look at crazypearce's or mine, we both altered the OP's tree for a ton more dmg. You practically never die with this build anyway, so why stacking life and survivability if it's not really needed? :D
Using transcendend flesh and taking some other nodes for armour/life are also an option.

Hope I could help.

Cheers

p.s.: Those Two-Toned Boots are not worth 4 ex...
"
ElLoco2836 a écrit :
Try to craft one with high life and nearby enemies take % more phys dmg, maybe also that fortify affix (dunno why everyone needs or wants this, I don't have it and still am op as fck^^).
After getting that helmet upgrade, try to get a better assassin's mark on hit ring and a better amulet.

main reason for the fortify effect is that 25% is a flat 5% damage reduction. with the other effect at rampart you are looking at another 4% reduction and the cluster steadfast is another 5% reduction.

if you take all of it the original 20% reduction from fortify becomes 34% reduction. that's a ton of extra defense on an already pretty tanky build. it does make a big difference, especially for monoliths

and yeah, ryslatha's is crazy. if you stack phys on amulet and both rings (steel ring if you can), along with the 80ish phys from 9 impales its between 25 and 30% more dps over a nomad. pretty insane stuff
Just when I think any single gear is too expensive to upgrade, this baby drops.

Pretty isane that I run abyss quite casually, maybe 2-3 liches over the whole league.
"
HDTanel a écrit :
Maan.. this build is so insane. I looove it how tanky and strong DPS wise this build is!
Right now trying to figure out how to pump more DPS out :P as I never die and am 4.2k life right now.
I did add VAAL GRACE into my build and instead of very expensive tombfists I´ve used Haemophilias since I could equip them and atm at lvl92 I feel they still are pretty good but maybe I don´t really need them anymore.. but I don´t need any survivability eighter lol.. so maybe buy 9EX Tombfists and good jewels?

Can´t really compare Champion to anything else atm but how do you guys feel about DPS vs other classes? Survivability is insane, pretty much immortal.

Also, why not use RUMI´S CONCOCTION flask? Same as Granite but extra benefits.. would lose curse or freeze removal though

ALRIGHT FINALLY... TOOK DOWN my FIRST ever Uber Elder with this build!
Finally after years of playing I felt strong enough to enjoy T15-16 mapping.. but the Elder T16 bosses were a bit hard to kill, felt squishy.. and Shaper felt hard actually lol, maybe because I always try to tree hug Shaper to shoot Barrage.. Also Uber Elder was very hard..
I killed him on 2nd attempt on my LAST portal.
I felt super squishy there and got oneshot out of nowhere it seemed... fight mechanics??? 4400HP though but with our Molten Shell it was more like 10k..
Anyway yeah still very satisfied but thinking on why am I dying to these bosses so quick.
Mathils actual cat
Because 4k4 life is squishy even for Champ. Try to get to 5k5+ at least.

You should replace your belt, nomad lacks life. You should also take more life node on tree and jewels. Your other gears can have higher life rolls and strength where possible.

Fight mechanic is also an issue but if you are tankier, you have more room. Shaper should be very easy with this build though, while Uber Elder is more about practice.
Anybody run into an issue with Vaal Molten Shell + CWDT saying skill cannot be used? Was working as intended (CWDT regular molten shell and self casting vaal molten shell) until tonight. Not sure how to fix it.
Dernière édition par InThePants, le 12 août 2019 02:03:45

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires