[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

First of all, great guide and I really appriciate the time you took to post such a detailed one.

I have to admit, I was too lazy to read all the replies on this post to find out whether or not this was asked already ...

Why do we use Multiple Totem Support in our totem setup? We get an additional Totem from the vaal variant anyways and to be honest we only need it for bosses anyways. Why not use Combustion on as the 4th link instead?
Dernière édition par Xyton96, le 12 juin 2019 08:00:46
"
dfk789 a écrit :
Hi. Someone gave me advice earlier this thread to kill things and get loot and I did that and it went okay. thanks.

I changed a head piece of gear cause I had abyssus ezomyte drop. and now I die a lot.

Also Im a bit confused about what gems I should have, cause in some places its different like in the gears section and pob.

can someone help me please let me know if my gems are good or bad and if my items are good or bad.

I think the dmg I have is good, but I can just die so fast.

This is my first time doing endgame and maps. atm random things in like lvl 5+ maps can kill me.

I'm sorry for being bad. One day I will be good.

also thanks again for fun build. hopefully I can fix my guy

Sell abyssus, buy normal high-health high-res helmet and you will stop dying. Abyssus is very-very-VERY endgame varyant for this build, if you bored and can't die anyway.
Why on POB link you put Simulating Valako and Simulating Ngamahu on Transcendent Flesh jewel. When i replace it with normal Transcendent Flesh the dps drops significantly.
"
Kane2077 a écrit :

Sell abyssus, buy normal high-health high-res helmet and you will stop dying. Abyssus is very-very-VERY endgame varyant for this build, if you bored and can't die anyway.

Thanks I'll do this. I only just saw the increased dmg taken on abyssus... omg im so bad...

Thank you though. I think taking 47% less dmg will help a lot weirdly.
Hi guys! So, is the 40% increased Tectonic Slam Damage is the best enchant?
So theres -80% chaos resist in this build due to the gloves.
Should i aim to get atleast some chaos resist on my gear or its not a big issue due to the high regen?
"
vanosss a écrit :
Hi guys! So, is the 40% increased Tectonic Slam Damage is the best enchant?

Since I haven't seen this anywhere yet I'll answer it, TLDR the 20% charged slam is a better enchant than the 40% increased tectonic slam damage. Tectonic slam has a 35% chance to consume an endurance charge and create a charged slam, this slam has 60% increased damage, if you have 20% more you have that much more of a chance for almost 1.5x as much damage. I don't think the %% are additive so I won't do the math. But you basically have a 50% chance to have 60% more damage. You always have endurance charges because of the leap slam + charge on stun, and the charges you get from basic attacks.
~
Dernière édition par docdocdocdoc, le 8 oct. 2021 23:00:28
[/quote]so the charge slam enchant just modulates the existing 35% chance on the skill?

the reason I ask is that (and I totally agree with your reasoning for 99% of content) it seems to me this would make it quite dicey for end game bosses as you'd now be in negative equilibrium for your charge generation, leaving you a lot squishier and doing less damage

meanwhile if built well I'm fairly sure I won't have an issue obliterating maps regardless of my enchant choice so I'm wondering if for someone who is end game boss-minded like me if the straight damage is the better option. I'm aware it's multiplicative and doesn't add a ton of damage but the possibility that the other one would make uber elder and friends *harder* rather than easier freaks me out

I'm frankly inexperienced at poe so the art of translating the game's word choice into game mechanics is lost on me so I want to be certain of exactly what "20% chance to create a charged slam" actually means[/quote]

I actually did a bit of digging on reddit and the forums. The 20% is additive so I assume that means there is then a 55% chance to consumer an endurance charge to create the charged slam. When you say negative I assume you mean the 35% chance to gain a charge on attack with the ascendancy. So you have more of a chance to spend a charge then to create one. I gain most of my endurance charges in a map with leap slam so that won't be a problem. For Bossing endgame I think it would be the same. You won't be standing in place for too long. You'll be leap slamming the ads for flask charges and endurance charges. I don't want to do the math because it's summer, but maybe the 40% dmg to tec slam would be better for endgame grinds.

But there is also the chance that the extra 20% doesn't have the effect of using an endurance charge. It doesn't say on the enchant that it does, and it's seperate from the gem Tectonic Slam. So maybe you have a 55% chance for a charged slam but still only 35% chance to consume a charge.
Dernière édition par Waíseheill, le 12 juin 2019 10:13:46
"
gitus17 a écrit :
Hi, thank you very much for this kind of informations about the build. However I didn't find how to sustaing mana efficiently. Could you tell me please?
Thanks in advance!
Regards

Before i write everything again (answered it multiple times), i will make the Mana Sustain Section today :D

"
myprism a écrit :
"
myprism a écrit :
Has anyone tried faster attacks? Would it be a big dps loss? Would endurance charges work properly? It takes a green socket which I don't have right now..

Seriously though, why not trade rage out for fast attacks and either go pulverize or increased AOE & concentrated (to avoid switching colors or rolling white sockets) for 6th slot. Is there something not so appealing about faster attacks? You could also drop berserk and go with blood rage.

Hi, Faster Attack means around 20% less damage. If you are fine with that and just want the faster playstyle - go for it. 20% less damage isn't a problem when your gear is good.

"
Vat0sbart a écrit :
Can someone tell me if the 20% Chance on charged slam head enchant is much better then the 40% damage head enchant? And can someone ellaborate ? PoB doesnt calculate it correctly i think.

20% chargend slam is a lot better and the only Helm Enchant i would aim for.

"
GustavoBorela a écrit :
First thanks for the tutorial, very explained and nice work help me a lot. I don't know if someone alread ask this but can I use Razor Of the Seven Sun in the build or it's not viable as a alternative?

obs: sorry about my poor english.

You could, but they aren't any good.

"
dlthunderr a écrit :
Sorry for the newbie question... but where are the ascendance skills "Tasalio -> Valako"? There are :Ramako, Hinekora, Arohongui and Tukohama.
In the PoB says Ramako after the first two skills

Do you use the old 3.6 Tree?

"
Cpfuzzy a écrit :
There seems to be a problem with my PoB or something changed for me. I've been looking to replace my Ahn's for something around 1 ex but nothing is showing as a dps increase on PoB not even the mirror item on this thread which is weird?

I clicked on the T3 Foils and PoB'ed a 352pdps foil and it's showing a 23k dps loss which is weird, before it was showing a positive huge increase yesterday.

Thats weird. On my PoB everything works fine. BUT - when you drop your Ahns might and switch to the Mirror Foil, does your Accuracy drops by alot? If yes, maybe thats the problem. Ahns Might grants a lot of accuracy. You have to get it from other items when you switch to foils.

"
TIMIK23 a écrit :
Why do we use transcendent flesh?
It seems a little bit useless. But it cost already 2 ex...

I wouldn't buy it for that price. But it's a great Jewel. With the shown Tree it grants 7% physical damage reduction which is huge.

"
odingits123 a écrit :
Hi everyone! How do I include Rage stacks + Berserker bonus on PoB?
Just set 50 Rage stacks unter configuration - done

"
Axelsmithy a écrit :
Currently using dual ahn's, PoB is saying my total DPS is around 300k..
When i switch me ahn's for 2 pretty decent 3-6ex foils i cant even go above 250k total DPS, why is this? am i missing something?

You probably have a lot to less Accuracy without Ahns Might. Just get Accuracy on 1-3 other items.
Around 50-100c Foils are already better than Ahns Might currently. You just have to choose them properly (and have enough accuracy)

"
cashtane5 a écrit :
"
Stats from Tree: 74 Int & 184 Dex
That leaves 37 Intelligence and 28 Dexterity

In new tree 64 int & 174 Dex
We need 47 int and 38 dex on gear

True. thx

"
Xyton96 a écrit :
First of all, great guide and I really appriciate the time you took to post such a detailed one.

I have to admit, I was too lazy to read all the replies on this post to find out whether or not this was asked already ...

Why do we use Multiple Totem Support in our totem setup? We get an additional Totem from the vaal variant anyways and to be honest we only need it for bosses anyways. Why not use Combustion on as the 4th link instead?

It's just a decision i've made for reliable Boss DPS where you don't have Vaal Ancestral Warchief. Feel free to adjust it as you like.

"
oorlin a écrit :
Why on POB link you put Simulating Valako and Simulating Ngamahu on Transcendent Flesh jewel. When i replace it with normal Transcendent Flesh the dps drops significantly.

Because PoB didn't consider this Ascendancys. So i added them manually.

"
Enterich a écrit :
So theres -80% chaos resist in this build due to the gloves.
Should i aim to get atleast some chaos resist on my gear or its not a big issue due to the high regen?

Feel free to add chaos resists when you can afford it and feel the need to. Atziris Flask also helps quite alot.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires