[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

Awesome, thanks!
This post is for tec slam users who already have maxed out on most of their gear apart from mirror-tier stuff and are around level 95+. What do u guys think about timeless jewels?

We should be able so slot 1 in at resolute technique area at the cost of 4 skill points which can we re-allocated from trying to reach constitution. Do you think its worth it to trade 19% life for glancing blows (+ some str from transformed minor n notables) or second sight keystone (+ some dex from transformed minor and notables?
"
godhand456 a écrit :
"
LesserForms a écrit :
"
godhand456 a écrit :
stupid question but why do we need a lvl 3 enlighten? hatred is 50% mana reserved, herald of purity is 25% and blood and sand is 10%. so thats only 85% reserved so we still have 15% to work with. is 15% not enough to cast a 6link tect slam or something?

can anyone clarify this? what am i missing?

Optimal dmg setup is Hatred + herald + blood and sand + precision (lvl1) + War banner. will reserve a fair amount of mana :) That's why Rake suggest Enlighten lvl 3-4

interesting. i dont see precision or war banner recommendation anywhere in the guide nor are they in the PoB. in fact, the OP was concerned about the lack of gem slots already so i dunno where we would even fit in precision/war banner.

Ah okay. He might have changed it. When I fist began with this guide, War banner was there. Precision lvl 1 is suggested by several people throughout this thread - not in the actual guide, but pretty good if you are using foils - and just to get crit. It will not reserve much mana!

Thanks for getting me to review my gems.
"
SpaceMemur a écrit :
"
I just finished Uber Elder for the first time today using this build as a guide and I'd like to share some of my thoughts on it.

First of all, I almost rerolled this character 5 times. Starting out with Ahn's and 80% of my mana reserved was just miserable. My friends were all running multistrike builds and this build just felt stuck in quicksand by comparison. I stuck it out, though, and boy am I glad I did, the end-game feel of this build is incredibly fun. Here are some changes I made with my build that made things feel better:

#1 Ditch Hatred - After doing a lot of messing around in PoB I found it almost just as much DPS to use a combination of:

Herald of Ash + Herald of Purity + low level Precision (to get 100% chance to hit) + Blood and Sand

Gave me 35% free mana and around 7-8 attacks before running out of mana, as opposed to many of the suggested builds which include a Herald + Hatred resulting in around 20% mana available and only 2-3 attacks before running out of mana. This was incredibly critical when fighting single-target, as with a Hatred setup I'd out-swing my mana regen almost constantly without multiple targets available.

#2 Attack Speed is King - While using Ahn's when I was first starting out gave me enough power to clear up through mid-tier maps, it made the entire process feel like a slog. I had a love/hate relationship for a long time with Multistrike, as it undermines a lot of what is needed in this build with Endurance Charges, but I felt that using it made the build so much smoother. Ultimately, the DPS/tankiness loss from using Multistrike is just not worth it. Instead, I prioritized switching to foils with at least 1.8-1.9 APS, taking a lower value on crit or pDPS to make the foils affordable. Additionally, I added Blood Rush which was maybe the biggest quality of life buff this build could ask for. The degen is negligible with your passive regen and the attack speed base + frenzy charges are completely priceless to making this build actually feel good. I can't tell you how many times I died in Legion content simply because I couldn't leap slam or move away from a slow attack I was waiting to complete. Of course, this also meant ditching Pulverize since the attack speed hit is killer.

Truthfully this build truly starts to come alive with a Tectonic Slam attack rate of > 3.5 without Multistrike. I kept Ancestral Protector and used it for an even bigger burst of attack speed for bosses, but isn't necessary for clearing.

#3 BabyRage - Honestly I started using Rage out of curiosity early in the league and enjoyed it's stacking progression and use of Berserk for mowing down big enemies, but over time it's use is just too inconsistent. I can get more consistent damage using Ruthless and make up the attack speed with my gear.

#4 Embrace the Blue Socket - I ran extensive testing on my sixth link between Concentrated Effect/Increased AoE, and Elemental Focus. They each have their own benefits: Concentrated Effect is the highest DPS but the AoE hit feels bad even in Sand; Increased AoE is god-tier for sweeping low-level maps and farming Legion content off-screen (particularly good for using Lion's Roar with your increased range and killing the projectile Legion mobs before they can even get in range to attack); and Elemental Focus which I came to use as my standard. With only <10% less DPS than Concentrated Effect, Elemental Focus provides significant damage without any penalty to AoE and was my favorite choice for endgame content.

#5 Choose Hinekora over Valako - I ultimately gave up on trying to maintain max endurance charges. With a 20% chance for a charged slam enchant, I could consistently keep some amount of Endurance Charges up, but never enough to keep up 5-6 to further take advantage of Valako. I absolutely am not going to use 3 stupid skill points in the stupid staff nodes that everyone asks on every page of this thread just to get the %chance for endurance charge on hit, just not worth it at all. Instead, I turned down to Hinekora for a huge bit of life leach, health bump from the increased Strength, and significant DPS buff against bosses with Covered in Ash.

Here's my final build in PoB, keep in mind I only got the mastercrafted foils in the last two days, I was using 1.9 APS/ 6% crit / 325ish pDPS foils for almost all endgame content. Hopefully this helps some of you struggling to get this build the way you want it!

https://pastebin.com/04sVpVEs

I followed your advices and the performance of the build just jumped like tenfold. I was having hard time above t12-13, after making those changes I killed my first red elder easily without dying. Thank you.

I'm also trying out this build. Doing normnal Elder now, and it feels smooth. Only lvl 87 so can't spec everything, but it feels good. Spend 3ex on 2 cheap foils, but I like the AS difference. Makes this build so much more fun. Will report back later when i delve deep into red maps and get further upgrades.
"
I just finished Uber Elder for the first time today using this build as a guide and I'd like to share some of my thoughts on it.[...]

The DPS looks good in PoB, but is it really fun to play with such little AoE? You have no pulverize, no increased AoE. Even without pulverize I already feel like the AoE is tiny, but without increased AoE aswell?

Or is this just your single target setup?
"
Yes, the benefit of the foil is high dps base/high attack speed base/crit multi implicit. That makes them ideal for end-game gear, but not necessary for levelling and progressing into mid-tier maps. Focusing on pDPS, crit chance, and attack speed will do just fine with any sword until you start optimizing gear

edit: try this search as a starting point https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/LXLollHn

How important is going crit for the build (from foils and skill tree)? Do you think this would be viable (and cheaper) with Resolute Technique for someone without a lot of currency? Or is going crit just superior enough that I should try to focus on it?

Thanks for the post!
"
Fexzz_ a écrit :
"
I just finished Uber Elder for the first time today using this build as a guide and I'd like to share some of my thoughts on it.[...]

The DPS looks good in PoB, but is it really fun to play with such little AoE? You have no pulverize, no increased AoE. Even without pulverize I already feel like the AoE is tiny, but without increased AoE aswell?

Or is this just your single target setup?

It's perfectly fine to swap Elemental Focus for Increased AoE if you aren't having any trouble with damage, but I'm satisfied with the AoE with Sand and 20% quality on Tec Slam, see below. With Lion's roar it's enough distance to keep you out of trouble with Legion archers most of the time

Here's the AoE with Increased AoE Support, according to PoB it's almost a 50% damage reduction but with good gear that's still 1-shotting most mobs until red maps

Dernière édition par MoosieMax, le 26 juin 2019 10:18:03
"
Kedrak a écrit :
"
Yes, the benefit of the foil is high dps base/high attack speed base/crit multi implicit. That makes them ideal for end-game gear, but not necessary for levelling and progressing into mid-tier maps. Focusing on pDPS, crit chance, and attack speed will do just fine with any sword until you start optimizing gear

edit: try this search as a starting point https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/LXLollHn

How important is going crit for the build (from foils and skill tree)? Do you think this would be viable (and cheaper) with Resolute Technique for someone without a lot of currency? Or is going crit just superior enough that I should try to focus on it?

Thanks for the post!

I think crit is very important for endgame content but for scaling up resolute technique saves you money/mana from having to worry about maxing your accuracy rating so it's a decent choice. You'll want to ween yourself off of it pretty quickly though and you'll need to pay attention to not be spec'ing into too much crit stuff on the tree that will be wasted when using RT.

We get a total of 390% increased crit chance just from the tree, at least another 70% from Ice Golem + Precision, so you can see how getting a good crit base on your weapon can be really effective in utilizing those stats we get for free!
I can't even get the last ascendancy, the last boss keeps one shotting me. Tried him a few times yesterday.

Anybody up to looking at my build, bosses are pwning me hard around Rare T11 or so. Also passive tree... WTF people?! I did get the staves, but maybe I should drop those and get something else. I'm thinking getting something tankier on the tree. My dude is falling fast and hard.
"
KitesAreFun a écrit :
I can't even get the last ascendancy, the last boss keeps one shotting me. Tried him a few times yesterday.

Anybody up to looking at my build, bosses are pwning me hard around Rare T11 or so. Also passive tree... WTF people?! I did get the staves, but maybe I should drop those and get something else. I'm thinking getting something tankier on the tree. My dude is falling fast and hard.

Definitely need some life on your rings/amulet. I'd also recommend removing the extra endurance charge node and the staff nodes and instead grabbing the Juggernaut node for armor/life and grabbing Lava Lash for a big DPS increase.

Of course, moving to foils from Ahns is a huge help too, as mentioned previously

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires