[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

"
rookie81pwnz a écrit :
Hello.
I try to gather all the pieces for this build and have not got all of them yet but what is really frustrates me is Single Target dps. I have like zero dps to Single Target with Barrage. I tried to use Chin Soil and link setup from the first post description, but had no improvements at all. I couldn’t even beat citadel at lvl2. I am okay with a fact that almost everyone can one shot me but in exchange it is expected to have insane amount of dps, am I right?

It might be I do something wrong? Maybe I should change something with my barrage or other gear? I know my gems are not fully maxed and I do not have proper belt, chest, gloves and Taming and Dying Sun but take into account that I am talking about yellow map tiers.

If you have time could you please take a look at my profile and tell me what am I do wrong?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/sony/view-profile/rookie81pwnz/characters

thanks a lot for any replies in advance.

ps I played SA Raider several months ago and it was really easy and convenient to clear all content and delve to like 1k.

Hey. I will try to explain.
You barrage have "Chain" suppot gem and "Increased Critical Strikes" gem.

1. For single target you don't need to use Chain gem. It's need only for map clear, you have Ice Shot for this. Take "Hypothermia" gem instead Chain. It give you very very strong boost vs single target.

2. And "Increased Critical Strikes". With this gem, you have 78.55% crit. chance (87.77% effective crit with Diamond Flask). I think you can take "Cold Penetration" support gem instead "Increased Critical Strikes". Elemental penetration - is the main boost VS booses and hard rare mobs, because they have many elem. resistance.

You have 332.6k DPS with Barrage vs Shaper/Guard bosses right now, but with Hypothermia instead Chain, will be 461.7k DPS (+39% damage).
And if you take Cold penetration instead Crit gem, dps will be 525k DPS and 48.56% crit chance (67.65% with Diamond Flask), +13.7% damage, yes it is not so much but you need to reach maximum damage vs single target with Barrage skill).

3. As quickly as possible you need to take ascendance node - Endless Munitions, it's +1 projectile and +200 accuracy (93% chance hit > 96%).

And one more moment. If you have money, you can to buy Dying Sun flask. It's give you +2 projectiles. You have 3 projectiles right now (+2 from Bow) and barrage +4. So you have 7 arrow with Barrage. So +2 projectiles will give you +28% damage!! 525k > 675k. And with ascendance node - Endless Munitions, you will be have 818.5k DPS and bonus +50% AoE with Endless Munitions, it's very cool for map clear with Ice Shot i think.
----------------------
Right now you barrage have 332k DPS. If you take "Hypothermia" instead "Chain" and "Cold Penetration" instead "Increased Critical Strikes", will be 525k DPS. With Ascendance node - Endless Munitions = 654k. And with Dying Sun = 818.5k DPS.

Total: 332k > 818k - x2.5 more damage ^_^
With Power Charges (from Assassins Mark) and Frenzy Charges (with Blood Rage buff) = 1KK DPS
Dernière édition par gizmo032, le 2 avr. 2020 03:50:31
Hey,
Haven't played POE for like 2-3 years and started with this build. Got some lucky drops and grinded hard and i am very satisfied with how it goes. I can do basically all maps fluently without dying - maybe some boss mechanics get me sometime.
Can you check my char (haoticKRK) for some improvements?
I got rid of gloomfang so my shaper ring is useless now i think.
I mostly fear i've got too low crit chance (75 with crit support, 55 without)
Any help would be usefull.
THANKS!
Dernière édition par Haote, le 2 avr. 2020 07:25:17
Hi, just wanna share some thoughts and my progression throughout the league, since I see that a lot of people are struggling with single target. So I hope this post will give you a better idea how Ice Shot should be built if you really wanna handle end game content well. I am not saying this is the 100% correct way, but it's just some thoughts from my own experience and perspective.

Today I killed Shaper and AW lvl 8 Sirus and not too long ago I was struggling even with AW lvl 4 Sirus, but these changes seemed to work wonders for me.

First of all, without heavy investment you won't be able to achieve it, there's no other way around it. In order to deal good single target damage you need 1) very high crit chance 2) very high crit multiplier 3) the more AS you have the better 4) flat cold/phys into cold damage multipliers. You want your hits to hit HARD and that's the only true way to melt bosses.

My current gear which I will try to go into depth below:

Spoiler

Now, the most two important parts I found are:

1) Farrul's setup - it just simply puts the build into a whole new level (I am sure there will be different opinions about it). The cat buff gives absolutely everything you want and most importantly it gives you crit stats which are mega important if you want to delete bosses quickly. Ire is also really really good, but IMO Farrul's just provides so much more and we can heavily benefit from that.

2) Cluster jewels - I cannot stress enough how insane they are. You can take a different approach and go with the cold nodes, but Pressure Points and Precise Commander is just the best thing you can possibly put on this character. Double of that gives you 10% double damage, 210%!!! crit strike chance and 30% crit strike multiplier, it's just simply insane. I crafted my large cluster with 50 alts, so if you are low on budget, just buy bases and give it a shot.

I had to sacrifice a lot of life nodes and have only 3.666 life, so I do die from time to time in t16 juiced Deliriums, but hey, that will always be the downside of the build.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions and I hope this post will give you a better idea about ST.

TL;DR - Crit chance, crit multiplier, flat damage scaling, AS
Ok, I'll be back tomorrow, I know I missed a large chunk of the league but I needed to let my RSI heal properly (claw gripping and using Mouse 4 for my ST was what caused it)

Upside gave me time to clear Doom Eternal a few times so my FPS fix is done for now.

Will be starting where I was end of Day 1 so the highlight videos are probably gonna be a bit odd, but shouldn't take me too long to get some gears and catch up a bit.

After getting my chaingunner done and delving down to 500-1000 gonna work on my next char, The Return of the Cospri CoC Discharger
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Why don't you use mirage archer for the clear setup?
I´m very new to bow builds and i literally dont know when to use yoke or the Gloomfang and which gem setupss are best for my current gear playing slt barrage maybe someone can check my prof and help me a bit .
Hi everyone. Great build, Ive been trying it our in SSF standard.
I am wondering, how would the windripper perform for a version leaning on MF? I cant judge it clear-vise, by loosing additional arrows
"
Juicegamer a écrit :

Depends on the playstyle - since skills already chain three times you are clearing everything three screens away anyway, I prefer to have more DPS/Pen which helps against everything.
"
Juicegamer a écrit :

Mirage archer is only useful during levelling, after level 38 when you have Chain Support it becomes a wasted link, the low fire rate alone makes it quite janky and by the time you get to +3 Chain with Ricochet you're better off going for pure crit to chain them HoI explosions. If you go with the Gloomfang setup and have +4 then you're gonna have cleared everything that Mirage archer won't do anything.

The reason why we use it on Scourge Arrow is you only need to fire once with SA and it'll do a full 5 stack charged shot making use of the 750% more multiplier
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
babicko a écrit :
Hi everyone. Great build, Ive been trying it our in SSF standard.
I am wondering, how would the windripper perform for a version leaning on MF? I cant judge it clear-vise, by loosing additional arrows

Windripper sucks balls now, if you're on standard and have one with 80% Inc Crit then sure as you can drop Inc Crit Strikes in favour of Inc Crit Damage to compensate but unless you're planning to do White maps constantly there is no point, you'll make more currency by using a better bow and farming faster.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires