[3.6] Tahreyn's 83/83 Block Herald of Agony Gladiator - Über Elder Viable

actually instead of using HoP and essence worm, i'm using generosity + hatred + enlighten (just for QoL); this give me another slot for a decent ring and inc minion dmg roll con gloves.

Also using a fear essence on weapon + crafted mod con reach like 60% increased minion dmg that's quite a lot imho.

Whenever I'll get 21/20 agony + 21 hatred and 4 empower I'll try uber elder.

(using empower instead of pierce)
Did you try aegis aurora shield with this build ?
Still think this build is awesome. It was my league starter then tried a Vortex build but went back to this one. Did Shaper no problem and didn't even know what I was doing. So tanky.
Very nice Build. My Calamity is colored but not linked. my 6L luck is the worst. Thats my Gear ATM. Not the best. But its decent. And yes am using Devotos. I think the Movement and Attack speed are really good. Facetanked all Guardians. Had problems with Shaper. But thats because that was my 4th time ever. So i can't blame the Build.

Edit: Got the Chest 6L. Also i dropped Temporal Chains for Projectile weakness. And i got this bad Boy wich supplies my Crawler with Frenzy charges for faster mapping and more Life gained on hit
Dernière édition par SudelNuppe1, le 15 janv. 2019 15:39:04
I was thinking i wouldnt remake my delve character this league, but after playing around with winter orb i find myself wanting to go back to herald of agony. There were a ton of new crafts and abilities that refresh this enough from delve that im excited to craft. I could do all of this in standard, but im not yet bored with betrayal.

Weapon - The ability to craft 20% chance to poison on any weapon with an open PREfix is insane. Last league, there were no good prefixes and it was all about finding the perfect balance of suffixes to actually craft a usable weapon. The main point is that now you are not forced into using an elder base for the poison support. Elder bases will still be good for blind, LGoH against blinded enemies, and their pseudo supports, but im really interested in the shaper bases since im not a huge fan of herald of purity. Supported by faster attacks allows me to have a 4 link shield charge setup (SC - blood magic - culling strike - faster attacks). Also I have a feeling that the enemies have reduced evasion if you hit them mod will be the most amount of damage i can get out of the weapon slot. The crawler has a ~90% chance to hit against shaper, and reducing his evasion by 20% will give ~92% chance to hit. 2.2% more damage doesnt sound like a ton, but its good if you aren't doing herald of purity.

Gloves - Im starting to believe that an open prefix is going to be necessary for this build. +1 weapon range and +1 melee gems gives 2 additional range to cyclone. It is essentially 30% increased AOE on the cyclone in the mod itself. Its not as important as having a good life rolls or balancing resists, but this is a huge quality of life. This can also be crafted on the helmet if you have the flexibility, and essentially provides 3 passive points worth of value.

Boots - Cannot be frozen. Again another quality of life craft

Ring - Shock enemies for 4 seconds when focused. Suffixes are hard to get since it fights with resists, but this is a nice 20% increased damage taken burst that is only on a 12 second cooldown so it can be used on every phase pretty easily. It will average out to be 6.6% increased damage taken (which we already scale a lot of), but it can easily be higher on phased fights.

New Abilities - Ive always disagreed a bit with using herald of purity to use up the last bit of reservation. Herald of Purity minions provide a ton of support for bosses by giving increased chaos damage taken, but the main issues i have from them is that the chaos portion is lackluster unless spirit offering is up and it does not provide a defensive bonus while mapping. Dread banner and easier access to aspect of the spider gives me an alternative that gives a flat 15% increased damage taken to every damage type, 30% movement speed reduction (60% from hinder + maim before any curses), and a 20% chance to impale. The 20% chance to impale comes out to be around a 5% more damage multiplier after other increased damage taken mods and resistances are taken into account. The main issue with this is that you are reserving 96% of your mana instead of just 90%, and you will likely have to include blood magic in the cyclone links to make it play smooth.
Dernière édition par ADM0N, le 17 janv. 2019 01:13:21

uber elder done

acatually i'm planning to bound fossil craft the weapon for 80% minion dmg
corrupt shield for additional 5% block chance and change corruption amulet for 20% increased hatred effect
Dernière édition par Kalenji87, le 17 janv. 2019 13:19:48
First of all I want to thank all the people who have contributed to the thread and Tahreyn for the guide. I really like the build and it just suits my skill level and as well is fun to play.

I have cleared Shaper and 3 red elders with the build so far but I can't keep shaper alive in the elder fight. Has anyone had the same issue? I'd appreciate any points how to try to keep him alive. Last try I had frost wall and abyssal cry with me but he still dies at the very end of the fight.

Currently stuck with tabula as I got my first calamity 6Linked I destroyed it at the temple very same moment and I'm re-coloring / linking another one at the moment. So if its the damage that keeps me from saving shaper its welcome knowledge too.
Hey all. I wanted to share my version of the build here. Mine is quite different in the tree because I came up the idea to do a HoA Champion, but this thread has given me a ton of inspiration toward my build. I went Champion so I could use Dread Banner and the Champion's new impale nodes to increase the damage output of my crawler. Unfortunately PoB hasn't been updated with the impale mechanic yet, but I DEFINITELY see the difference in damage with it.

My idea started with a high block chance Champion, which lead me to this thread, but after trying that out I actually ended up going with evasion and acrobatics for my defense. I still need to craft a better claw and get a better ring on the right side. I actually have the ring I want to use, but I need to get more cold resistance before I can equip it. I may switch to impale chance with my claw because I think 80% poison chance is plenty and I currently only have 40% impale chance. I got super lucky with my armour corruption this morning. I included a PoB link to my build if anyone is interested in seeing it. Here is my current gear setup and a PoB link to my build:

https://pastebin.com/ymxeGZsY

I'm prob gonna run this build for HC SSF, was looking for a fun gladiator build for the next race and trying to get a demi. I'll throw you a shoutout :)

I'm thinking gem claw will be good with a bound fossil craft.

I am in the process of building a loot filter for the race in prep, always open to ideas on important key items I can grab up for chancing or crafting.

I'm not sure about how I feel between cyclone and molten strike, not sure which would be better. I suppose molten strike you start with it leveling so it should be a little more manageable.

How significant is the poison damage that you inflict? Is it ever relevant to go cyclone because it has higher phys/poison damage?

Between the two skills, which do you feel is better for survivability? Cyclone is dope because of stun immunity, but having played several MS chars, I gotta say that the skill is amazing as well. Hard decisions...
Dernière édition par ironstove, le 20 janv. 2019 06:16:48
"
ironstove a écrit :
I'm prob gonna run this build for HC SSF, was looking for a fun gladiator build for the next race and trying to get a demi. I'll throw you a shoutout :)

I'm thinking gem claw will be good with a bound fossil craft.

I am in the process of building a loot filter for the race in prep, always open to ideas on important key items I can grab up for chancing or crafting.

I'm not sure about how I feel between cyclone and molten strike, not sure which would be better. I suppose molten strike you start with it leveling so it should be a little more manageable.

How significant is the poison damage that you inflict? Is it ever relevant to go cyclone because it has higher phys/poison damage?

Between the two skills, which do you feel is better for survivability? Cyclone is dope because of stun immunity, but having played several MS chars, I gotta say that the skill is amazing as well. Hard decisions...

its all super situational. MS provides more hp regen from the hp on hit, while cyclone helps prevent getting dmg to begin with via mobility.

you dont really have any need to choose though. you can just swap whenever you feel like it. (betrayal has made this kinda easy with vorici being able to give 1-3 white sockets on any item)

your own dmg is super irrelevant. actually you wanna keep it purposely low to have less issues with reflect. other than early leveling ofc where you cant rely on crawler as much.

i feel molten strike (with treshold level) is the way to go there.
all the extra balls help with stacking poisons and the life on hit from them keeps you topped on most stuff.
cyclone is more something for later when you wanna map faster without having to stand still as much

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires