[3.4] Vaal Double Strike Champion

Developed my character without knowing that you had posted a guide in the forums. My current setup, listed above, is offering me a significant improvement to tankiness at a marginal cost to DPS. Swapping out Maim and WED with Anc Call and Melee Splash for clearing.

Regards.

P.S. This has been killing guardians since L87 despite my rather poor play and poorer latency.
Dernière édition par Aimanan, le 6 juil. 2018 11:22:28
i have capped resist, 5.5k hp, 150k dmg tooltip on doublestrike...somehow i was still dying....so i decided to change some things....switched adrenaline for permanent fortify and major thing, replaced leap slam with whirling blades....i find leap slap animation very slow. I am killing guardians since then. its probably because i am noob though. If someone struggles, give this a try.
Why is there no one suggested loreweave for the chest?

Almost all the stats that Loreweave has greatly help to this build.

Life, res, max res, global crit chance, flat phys, ele dmg scale.....
"
sakalit0 a écrit :
i have capped resist, 5.5k hp, 150k dmg tooltip on doublestrike...somehow i was still dying....so i decided to change some things....switched adrenaline for permanent fortify and major thing, replaced leap slam with whirling blades....i find leap slap animation very slow. I am killing guardians since then. its probably because i am noob though. If someone struggles, give this a try.

Could you post your gear / gems / skill tree or give access to your character sheet plz ? I'm interested in how you reach 150k on double strike :)
Which gems do you use with whirling blades ?
Though, leap slam is so usefull to access some areas directly.
"
Chourak666 a écrit :
"
sakalit0 a écrit :

Could you post your gear / gems / skill tree or give access to your character sheet plz ? I'm interested in how you reach 150k on double strike :)

Character should be visible now.

tree https://goo.gl/oXMseg

gems are not max level, coz i reworked it yesterday because i struggled with guardians
also i dont really have currency to spend on upgrades at the moment :D + iam still considering getting vitality void

And about Leap slam, you are right. it is sometimes more useful, but when it comes to dodging boss abilities, whirling is so much better. Might consider doing switching like with gems for boss/mapping. also i was following this guide since beginning so thanks to guy who did this guide. i keep editing this sentence by sentence....is there some trick how to get proper enchant on helmet? coz i struggle with that aswell :D there is like xyz options? seems like long run to achieve that
Dernière édition par sakalit0, le 24 juil. 2018 05:31:53
"
pphnx a écrit :
Why is there no one suggested loreweave for the chest?

Almost all the stats that Loreweave has greatly help to this build.

Life, res, max res, global crit chance, flat phys, ele dmg scale.....

Loreweave is good with any build that does even a tiny bit of elemental damage. I posted this build in the 2nd of week of league start and it was priced close to 2ex at that time, so it fitted neither in budget or endgame area.

The guide could use a dozen other updates but I haven't bothered with it since plenty other Double Strike Guides popped up.
"
sakalit0 a écrit :
"
Chourak666 a écrit :
"
sakalit0 a écrit :

Character should be visible now.

tree https://goo.gl/oXMseg

gems are not max level, coz i reworked it yesterday because i struggled with guardians
also i dont really have currency to spend on upgrades at the moment :D + iam still considering getting vitality void

And about Leap slam, you are right. it is sometimes more useful, but when it comes to dodging boss abilities, whirling is so much better. Might consider doing switching like with gems for boss/mapping. also i was following this guide since beginning so thanks to guy who did this guide. i keep editing this sentence by sentence....is there some trick how to get proper enchant on helmet? coz i struggle with that aswell :D there is like xyz options? seems like long run to achieve that

You can easily get 150k tooltip dps on VDS, with the right stat stick imho. Here is a ss showing my tooltip dps reaching 1m. Note that it is self buffed + flask and no charges.

Here is just self buffed, no flask no charges:

Normal, no buff no flask no charges:

I did almost spend like around 60+ ex on this build to get it min max. I could get my Life to 6k+ sacrificing a bit of dps. Here is a link to my PoB if anyone wants a guide. https://pastebin.com/Sb8SVMtP
"
Chourak666 a écrit :
"
sakalit0 a écrit :

with your current build, i suggest save up for a 6L body armour, rare, loreweave or belly up to you, and make sure to have this 4 gems always linked together: VDS - Maim - Multistrike - Melee Physical.
If youre mapping, add ancestral call and melee splash, if youre bossing, add damage on full life and ruthless.

With youre main weapon, i suggest drop it and get yourself a rare jewelled foil with minimum 300 pDps, it is worth less than 4ex now iirc. your stat stick then comes next, the princess is alright till you can afford a good sceptre with 2 gain extra damage stats, 3 if you got the currency. (3 gain extra damage stat stick are about 15-20 ex minimum)
"
xanderboi a écrit :
"
Chourak666 a écrit :
"
sakalit0 a écrit :

with your current build, i suggest save up for a 6L body armour, rare, loreweave or belly up to you, and make sure to have this 4 gems always linked together: VDS - Maim - Multistrike - Melee Physical.
If youre mapping, add ancestral call and melee splash, if youre bossing, add damage on full life and ruthless.

With youre main weapon, i suggest drop it and get yourself a rare jewelled foil with minimum 300 pDps, it is worth less than 4ex now iirc. your stat stick then comes next, the princess is alright till you can afford a good sceptre with 2 gain extra damage stats, 3 if you got the currency. (3 gain extra damage stat stick are about 15-20 ex minimum)

Ok, thank you for these advices :)
Now i need to save up enough currency to a 6L armour chest and a descent jewelled foil ... i already have a correct scepter (i have to fix its sockets colors).
I must say I really struggled with the Gladiator Reave build and decided to give this a try after seeing some VDS videos. This thing is a beast, melts boss's and although a little slower map clearer, its barely noticeable once you get the rhythm. I have like 350+ deaths with Reave and it seems to be constant complaint. I ran T15's last night like they were T2's

My goal this season has been to push elder so I am on a start, I just came from reave so I have some gems to move around along with and using tombfists does hurt me on resistances.

Should I ditch the tombs and go for a good rare with life/res/ats/melee or whatever plus the gems and then I can run kaoms as well for the elder fight. Plus that will clear another 1-2 ex for me.

This will allow me to ditch res on my jewels and since I only need like 100 int, I can get rid of my int heavy rings and get better rolls especially on the one with 40 life.

Also I snagged this armor for 6 ex, think I should have just gone with a 79/80 loreweave with good stats for 7-8ish? I just need life and getting up there with a good phys roll/crit/ele and life gets pricey as they may have 3 but not 4 or great dmg and 23 life.

Right now I am at 7 ex in reserves without touching other currencies or selling gear. I am thinking of maybe going for a better ring with no int, more life, more res and maybe a better off hand 35%+. After I fix my gems and flasks of course.

Where do you think 7-10 ex would be best spent right now. Again also should I ditch the tombs and also would a loreweave be a better option? Also the empty slot in the boots is artic armour, even with lvl 3 enlighten I am a bit gimped. Think I should go blood magic on the whirling blades then be set with the 3 auras?

I was really getting tired of dying, this build is the fucking resurrection of fun again for us normal guys with less than 100ex.

I also went fortify instead of adrenaline so I am going to ditch the em on whirling. Any good replacements? Defiantly going to purchase a sin's rebirth and keep Atziri for the leech. I cant imagine another 100% increase in damage on the clones, those mfer's are already mad men.

What about a watchers eye with the stat crit chance with hatred? Is it worth 6-7+ ex over other upgrades?

Dernière édition par Gulfripper, le 1 août 2018 10:19:28

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires