[3.9/3.10] HowTo Lightning Arrow Slayer - Cold or Lightning Stacking

"
trudikampfschaf a écrit :
"
nobosy a écrit :
Hey there! Currently running SC Flashback with your build and wondering what my upgrade priority should be!

Im only lvl 75, so far most of the standard trash/blue packs are oneshots in t3-t4 (didnt drop any higher maps yet). With yellows or bestiary packs it seems to take a bit longer though.

im currently sitting on 4k hp (still a few life nodes left on the tree) and about 70c to spend.

if you have any ideas id be glad for advice! im guessing jewelry though? since that should hopefully be affordable

Ill take a closer look at your gear tomorrow, but you should get atziris promise, a diamond flask, a better neck and rings afterwards.

"
Fluent a écrit :
I'm in the same spot with almost the exact same gear, except level 78 and hitting up slightly higher maps. SC Flashback, have both a 5-socket Chin Sol and Lioneye's Glare (Barrage in both, weapon swapping for bosses).

Sitting around 4k HP... not sure what the next major upgrade to work towards is?

I feel kind of squishy but came from playing a sunder juggernaut and still feel this is probably more tanky than your average deadeye. Tried Lightning Arrow, Ice Shot and Tornado shot with proper supports in a 5-link and like Lightning Arrow the best.

Same for you. Your flasks need an upgrade.

In general you both could use a bit more %elemental damage. Maybe i can provide a bit more tomorrow.

quick update:
thanks for your answer! thats just what i thought! i bought some new jewellry and a new belt + boots. i pöayed around with pob for a bit and swapped the onslaught flask for a two, since most of my dmg is cold anyways. not super efficient but i cant afford anything better :D with lvl 88 or so i should be at about 5k hp with my current gear and i got myself a cwdt ic incdura enfeeble setup for my free slots. im not using orb for bosses due to the links i currently run so why not use enfeeble fir them. as long as the dps is fine im happy.

i also found out that a lot of the damage is going to be +proj enchants + flask.... which is way too expensive for me at the moment so im gonna have to stick with this gear for now i guess!

if you do have any other rather cheap upgrade advices please let me know :) i feel decent for now though! thanks, love the build so far!

Is it just me too stupid or is this build really squishy?

Got 4.1k life at level 73, first two labs so far, capped res, 5l each barrage and lightning arrow,
and the suggested flasks.

But on t4 maps for example i die regularily, especially on certain beyond bosses and rogue exiles that pop up due to race mechanics :(

Feels bad somehow.

Dernière édition par bex_HB, le 15 mai 2018 12:21:14
"
bex_HB a écrit :
Is it just me too stupid or is this build really squishy?

Got 4.1k life at level 73, first two labs so far, capped res, 5l each barrage and lightning arrow,
and the suggested flasks.

But on t4 maps for example i die regularily, especially on certain beyond bosses and rogue exiles that pop up due to race mechanics :(

Feels bad somehow.

Your gear looks good hp wise. Alot of life comes from levels though. Besides hp from skill points you also get hp per level. If you level from e.g. your lvl 74 (4287 hp) to 85 (4650) you nearly gain 300hp without changing gear or using skill points. If you are dying a bit too often just go with lower maps and grind some levels there. If you are lvl 74 you can do ALL maps without experience penalty. At lvl 80 you can do all maps t5+ without penalty. In addition to that you dont have the overleech ascendancy. That is imo one of the biggest defensive aspects of the build.

Overall the best defensive mechanic or way to play this game is to kill things faster than they kill you. May sound stupid but esp in cases where a lot of monster are around you its so helpful to get damage upgrades.

@nobosy yes projectile scaling is stupid for a few patches now. Thats why it gets nerfed next patch. The Frozen Orb isnt that big, because its a bit clunky to use. The CWDT setup is totally fine.

[GER] - IGN: HowToHarvest
I'm going to be giving this a go for incursion - is LA/Barrage still going to be as good?

I noticed that the main defense for this build is leech - have you had issues beyond just leech with certain mods? If so, mind giving me the 411 as to which?
"
Skyhigh87 a écrit :
I'm going to be giving this a go for incursion - is LA/Barrage still going to be as good?

I noticed that the main defense for this build is leech - have you had issues beyond just leech with certain mods? If so, mind giving me the 411 as to which?

Barrage will get a nerf to the bonus each additional projectiles brings to this build. The lab enchant, quiver corruption and dying sun wont be as good anymore, but i think its still fine. Im pretty sure, that ill play this build as a league starter again.

Obviously you have to avoid ele reflect and no leech. Less life Recovery is a bit annoying, but if you pay attention you should be good. If i dont forget anything the rest should be doable, certain damage mods might still get out of control in combination with some other mods or beyond bosses etc.

Your overall survivabilty does not only get better with pure defensive stats like hp/resist but also with your damage. May sound stupid but its not that hard to get to a level where you oneshot white & yellow monsters and most of the bosses.

Dernière édition par trudikampfschaf, le 16 mai 2018 07:31:54
"
Barrage will get a nerf to the bonus each additional projectiles brings to this build

Can you explain this in a bit more detail?

"
The lab enchant, quiver corruption and dying sun wont be as good anymore

Have you seen anything within the patch notes that will possibly replace these?

Since you're also likely starting this for your incursion build do you intend to update the guide with incursion or leaving it as is?

Btw thanks a ton man - been really enjoying this build in flashback and I'm only lvl 45.
"
Skyhigh87 a écrit :
"
Barrage will get a nerf to the bonus each additional projectiles brings to this build

Can you explain this in a bit more detail?

"
The lab enchant, quiver corruption and dying sun wont be as good anymore

Have you seen anything within the patch notes that will possibly replace these?

Since you're also likely starting this for your incursion build do you intend to update the guide with incursion or leaving it as is?

Btw thanks a ton man - been really enjoying this build in flashback and I'm only lvl 45.

The Barrage changes are in the skill revamp post #3: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2133090.

The baseline is now 5 instead of 4 projectiles and each projectiles does a bit less damage (roughly 20% damage gain per proj instead of 25%).

I think Barrage is still good after the nerf but with the additional changes to Blast Rain it might be a new competitor. My experiences will be posted here within the first weeks of Incursion league.
Dernière édition par trudikampfschaf, le 17 mai 2018 12:52:21
Okay awesome thank you. Do you have any recommendations for add-ons/plugins to use?
"
Skyhigh87 a écrit :
Okay awesome thank you. Do you have any recommendations for add-ons/plugins to use?

Sry, what do you mean with addons? The only Tools i use for PoE are Path of Building, Mercury Trade and the Trade Makro, if thats waht you want to know.
Hey thx for the guide, very well explained.

I'm running this atm:
Spoiler

Should I use Added Cold or Slower Proj at Chest?
Is a good option try to cap my uncapped res and use bismuth flask?
(I never played bismuth before)

I played for the first time an LA/Barrage It's kinda nice to one shoot packs from far,
even with 5k+ hp I still die by one shot, depends on the mods, I think I'm low in evasion since it's 4700 with only 29% to evade. Maybe for my items choise.

By now I'm doing t13 maps well, no drops from 14 or 15 with a good frequency, can not afford they because I'm dumping all my chaos in good life roll or 84ilvl abyss jewels, I almost got all with more than 40 life. Also the idea to run a full abyss came from some researchs and buildings at pob, found that I could cap res and have alot of damage output. My next step is to find better belt, rings and amulet(this one is kinda neat), looking for Opal Rings but they are not cheap, amulets and belt with some ex are ok.
When I come to Standart will be this character first shaper's try, I give you guys some feedback

For all who's going to play this for the first time as I did, enjoy! it scales very well and you can reach a good hp pool and damage.

Signaler

Compte à signaler :

Type de signalement

Infos supplémentaires